Affiliation: IRCCS Centro San Giovanni di Dio Fatebenefratelli
- Life expectancy in Alzheimer's disease (AD)O Zanetti
UO Alzheimer Memory Clinic, IRCCS Centra S Giovanni di Dio Fatebenefratelli, Brescia, Italy
Arch Gerontol Geriatr 49:237-43. 2009..However the many variables that influence life expectancy make difficult to define prognosis at the bedside and more studies are needed to assist clinicians in they daily routine with patients and caregivers...
- MCI patients' EEGs show group differences between those who progress and those who do not progress to ADD V Moretti
IRCCS S Giovanni di Dio Fatebenefratelli, Brescia, Italy
Neurobiol Aging 32:563-71. 2011..EEG markers allow a mean correct percentage of correct classification up to 88.3%. Future prospective studies are needed to evaluate the sensitivity and specificity of these measures for predicting an AD outcome...
- EEG markers discriminate among different subgroup of patients with mild cognitive impairmentD V Moretti
Neurophysiology, IRCCS S Giovanni di Dio Fatebenefratelli, Brescia, Italy
Am J Alzheimers Dis Other Demen 25:58-73. 2010..Apolipoprotein E4 is linked to a major risk of early beginning of disease. Electroencephalography markers allow a mean correct percentage of correct classification up to 89%...
- The prevalence of apoE-epsilon4 in Alzheimer's disease is age dependentG B Frisoni
Alzheimer s Unit, IRCCS San Giovanni di Dio, FBF, Brescia, Italy
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 65:103-6. 1998..12 in the oldest age group. It is concluded that the relation of the epsilon4 allele with Alzheimer's disease is age dependent, indicating that other risk factors might be relevant in the younger and older ages...
- Validity of direct assessment of functional status as a tool for measuring Alzheimer's disease severityO Zanetti
Alzheimer Unit, IRCCS, S Giovanni di Dio, S Cuore Fatebenefratelli Institute, via Pilastroni 4, 25123, Brescia, Italy
Age Ageing 27:615-22. 1998..to assess the validity of the Direct Assessment of Functional Status (DAFS) performance-based functional scale for the staging of dementia severity by comparing it with established clinical, functional and cognitive scales...
- The new Alzheimer's criteria in a naturalistic series of patients with mild cognitive impairmentS Galluzzi
Laboratory of Epidemiology, Neuroimaging and Telemedicine LENITEM, IRCCS Centro San Giovanni di Dio Fatebenefratelli, via Pilastroni 4, 25125, Brescia, Italy
J Neurol 257:2004-14. 2010..82, 95% CI 0.70-0.95). MT atrophy and abnormal CSF are the single most robust predictors of conversion to AD in MCI patients, and their combination enhances prediction. AD markers are not predictive of conversion to non-AD dementia...
- Depressive symptoms of Alzheimer caregivers are mainly due to personal rather than patient factorsO Zanetti
Alzheimer s Dementia Unit, I R C C S S Giovanni di Dio Fatebenefratelli, Brescia, Italy
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 13:358-67. 1998..To investigate the predictors of caregiver's depressive symptoms in a sample of community-dwelling Alzheimer's patients...
- Prefrontal cortex rTMS enhances action naming in progressive non-fluent aphasiaM Cotelli
IRCCS Centro San Giovanni di Dio Fatebenefratelli, Brescia, Italy
Eur J Neurol 19:1404-12. 2012..It has been recently demonstrated that repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation (rTMS) over the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex (DLPFC) improves action naming in healthy subjects and in subjects with Alzheimer's disease...