Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: IRCCS Centro San Giovanni di Dio Fatebenefratelli
- Effects of intravenous antidepressant drugs on the excitability of human motor cortex: a study with paired magnetic stimulation on depressed patientsAlessandra Minelli
Genetics Unit, IRCCS Centro S Giovanni di Dio Fatebenefratelli, Via Piastroni 4, Brescia, Italy
Brain Stimul 3:15-21. 2010..The effect of various drugs was investigated by using transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) both in healthy subjects and patients, and the results indicated an influence of antidepressant drugs (ADs) on motor excitability...
- The influence of psychiatric screening in healthy populations selection: a new study and meta-analysis of functional 5-HTTLPR and rs25531 polymorphisms and anxiety-related personality traitsAlessandra Minelli
Genetic Unit, I, R, C, C, S, San Giovanni di Dio Fatebenefratelli, Brescia, Italy
BMC Psychiatry 11:50. 2011..We tested whether the 5-HTTLPR polymorphism and the 5-HTTLPR/rs25531 haplotypes are linked to Harm Avoidance (HA) using an association study (STUDY I) and a meta-analytic approach (STUDY II)...
- Personality traits in an italian sample: relationship with anxiety and depressionAlessandra Minelli
Genetic Unit, I R C C S San Giovanni di Dio Fatebenefratelli, Brescia, Italy
Clin Pract Epidemiol Ment Health 5:26-30. 2009..Our results support previous evidences showing that personality traits, in particular Harm Avoidance and Self-Directedness, could represent markers of vulnerability for depression and anxiety disorders...
- PCLO gene: its role in vulnerability to major depressive disorderAlessandra Minelli
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Biotechnologies, Biology and Genetic Division, Brescia University School of Medicine, Brescia, Italy
J Affect Disord 139:250-5. 2012....
- [Effectiveness of cognitive-associated with behavioral therapy psychopharmacological depression. Literature review meta-analyses]Alessandra Minelli
IRCCS San Giovanni di Dio, Fatebenefratelli, Brescia
Riv Psichiatr 46:18-23. 2011..The main focus is to analyze meta-analyses literature inherent the efficacy of cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) with pharmacological therapy in the treatment of depression in adults rather than pharmacological therapy alone...
- Serotonin transporter gene polymorphisms and treatment-resistant depressionCristian Bonvicini
Genetic Unit, IRCCS San Giovanni di Dio, Fatebenefratelli, Brescia, Italy
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 34:934-9. 2010..45-0.91). In conclusion, this study reports a protective effect of the L(A)L(A) haplotype on TRD, supporting the hypothesis that lower serotonin transporter transcription alleles are correlated to a common resistant depression mechanism...
- Role of allelic variants of FK506-binding protein 51 (FKBP5) gene in the development of anxiety disordersAlessandra Minelli
Department of Molecular and Translational Medicine, University of Brescia, Brescia, Italy
Depress Anxiety 30:1170-6. 2013....
- BDNF serum levels, but not BDNF Val66Met genotype, are correlated with personality traits in healthy subjectsAlessandra Minelli
Genetic Unit, I R C C S San Giovanni di Dio Fatebenefratelli, Via Pilastroni, Brescia, Italy
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 261:323-9. 2011..022). The study results suggest that a decrease in serum BDNF concentrations may represent a biochemical marker associated with anxiety personality traits also retrievable in the general population...
- Schizophrenia susceptibility and NMDA-receptor mediated signalling: an association study involving 32 tagSNPs of DAO, DAOA, PPP3CC, and DTNBP1 genesEmilio Sacchetti
Psychiatric Unit, University of Brescia, School of Medicine, Viale Europa 11, 25123 Brescia, Italy
BMC Med Genet 14:33. 2013....
- An association of GRIK3 Ser310Ala functional polymorphism with personality traitsAlessandra Minelli
Genetic, IRCCS San Giovanni di Dio Fatebenefratelli, Brescia, Italy
Neuropsychobiology 59:28-33. 2009....
- New copy number variations in schizophreniaChiara Magri
Division of Biology and Genetics, Department of Biomedical Sciences and Biotechnology, Brescia University School of Medicine, Brescia, Italy
PLoS ONE 5:e13422. 2010..In conclusion, the identification of previously reported CNVs and of new, rare, large CNVs further supports a model of schizophrenia that includes the effect of multiple, rare, highly penetrant variants...
- Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF) serum concentration during electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) in treatment resistant depressed patientsAlessandra Minelli
Genetic Unit, I R C C S San Giovanni di Dio, Fatebenefratelli, Brescia, Italy
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 35:1322-5. 2011..042). Moreover a significant correlation was observed between the VEGF increase at T2 and the reduction in MADRS scores (p=0.049). This study is the first to evaluate putative modulations of serum VEGF induced by ECT in TRD patients...
- ErbB3 mRNA leukocyte levels as a biomarker for major depressive disorderElena Milanesi
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Biotechnologies Biology and Genetic Division, University of Brescia, Viale Europa 11, Brescia, 25123, Italy
BMC Psychiatry 12:145. 2012..On this basis, the aim of the study was to determine if ErbB3 and Fgfr1 mRNA levels could be a biomarkers of MDD...