Giovanni de Girolamo
Affiliation: IRCCS Centro San Giovanni di Dio Fatebenefratelli
- Is psychiatric residential facility discharge possible and predictable? A multivariate analytical approach applied to a prospective study in ItalyG de Girolamo
IRCCS St John of God Fatebenefratelli, Via Pilastroni, 4, 25125, Brescia, Italy
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 49:157-67. 2014..Despite the magnitude of this development, longitudinal studies surveying fairly large resident samples and yielding important information on this population have been very few...
- A multi-element psychosocial intervention for early psychosis (GET UP PIANO TRIAL) conducted in a catchment area of 10 million inhabitants: study protocol for a pragmatic cluster randomized controlled trialMirella Ruggeri
Section of Psychiatry, Department of Public Health and Community Medicine, University of Verona and Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria Integrata Verona, Verona, Italy
Trials 13:73. 2012....
- The characteristics and activities of child and adolescent mental health services in Italy: a regional surveyLaura Pedrini
IRCCS Centro San Giovanni di Dio Fatebenefratelli, Brescia Italy
BMC Psychiatry 12:7. 2012....
- Age of onset of mental disorders and use of mental health services: needs, opportunities and obstaclesG de Girolamo
IRCCS Fatebenefratelli, via Pilastroni 4, 25125 Brescia, Italy
Epidemiol Psychiatr Sci 21:47-57. 2012..In this review, we provide an update of recent studies on the age of onset (AOO) of the major mental disorders, with a special focus on the availability and use of services providing prevention and early intervention...
- Long-stay in short-stay inpatient facilities: risk factors and barriers to dischargeAntonella Gigantesco
Mental Health Unit, Center of Epidemiology, Health Surveillance and Promotion, Italian National Institute of Health, Roma, Italy
BMC Public Health 9:306. 2009....
- Cross-national epidemiology of DSM-IV major depressive episodeEvelyn Bromet
Department of Psychiatry, State University of New York at Stony Brook, South Campus, Stony Brook, NY 11794 8790, NY, USA
BMC Med 9:90. 2011..In this paper, we present data on the prevalence, impairment and demographic correlates of depression from 18 high and low- to middle-income countries in the World Mental Health Survey Initiative...
- Violent behavior of patients living in psychiatric residential facilities: A comparison of male patients with different violence historiesValentina Candini
IRCCS St John of God Fatebenefratelli, Brescia, Italy
Int J Law Psychiatry 39:46-51. 2015..The presence of a history of violent behavior in the past significantly increases the probability of committing aggressive acts in the future. ..
- A prospective, multidimensional follow-up study of a geriatric hospitalised population: predictors of discharge and well-beingJessica Dagani
IRCCS Centro San Giovanni di Dio, Fatebenefratelli, via Pilastroni 4, Brescia, Italy
Aging Clin Exp Res 25:691-701. 2013..g., cognitive impairment and dementia; movement disorders; bone fractures and immobilisation syndrome; or stroke), of the St. John of God Order during a 4-month-long index period...
- Monitoring and evaluating the Italian mental health system: the "Progetto Residenze" study and beyondAngelo Picardi
Mental Health Unit, National Center of Epidemiology, Surveillance and Health Promotion, Rome, Italy and IRCCS Fatebenefratelli, Brescia, Italy
J Nerv Ment Dis 202:451-9. 2014....
- The effect of service satisfaction and spiritual well-being on the quality of life of patients with schizophreniaMariangela Lanfredi
IRCCS San Giovanni di Dio Fatebenefratelli, Brescia, Italy
Psychiatry Res 216:185-91. 2014..Rehabilitation plans for people with schizophrenia living in RFs should also consider mediators of change in subjective QOL such as satisfaction with mental health services...
- Is structured group psychoeducation for bipolar patients effective in ordinary mental health services? A controlled trial in ItalyValentina Candini
IRCCS St John of God Fatebenefratelli Brescia, via Pilastroni 4, Brescia 25125, Italy
J Affect Disord 151:149-55. 2013..The present study evaluated the effectiveness of psychoeducation in routine mental health services in reducing number of hospitalisations and number of days spent in hospital, at a 1-year follow-up...