Affiliation: IRCCS Neuromed
- Use of Vitex agnus-castus in migrainous women with premenstrual syndrome: an open-label clinical observationAnna Ambrosini
INM Neuromed, IRCCS, Headache Clinic, Via Atinense, 18, 86077, Pozzilli Isernia, Italy
Acta Neurol Belg 113:25-9. 2013....
- Familial basilar migraine associated with a new mutation in the ATP1A2 geneA Ambrosini
Headache Clinic, INM Neuromed, Pozzilli, Italy
Neurology 65:1826-8. 2005..Mutations in CACNA1A and ATP1A2 have been found in FHM. The authors detected a novel mutation in the ATP1A2 gene (R548H) in members of a family with BM, suggesting that BM and FHM may be allelic disorders...
- Electrophysiological response patterns of primary sensory cortices in migraineAnna Ambrosini
Headache Clinic, INM Neuromed, IRCCS, Via Atinense 18, I 86077, Pozzilli Is, Italy
J Headache Pain 7:377-88. 2006..The predominant abnormality is a deficient habituation of evoked responses to repeated stimuli, probably due to cortical, and possibly widespread neural, "dysexcitability"...
- Occipital nerve stimulation for intractable cluster headacheAnna Ambrosini
Headache Clinic, INM Neuromed, Pozzilli Isernia I 86077, Italy
Lancet 369:1063-5. 2007
- Performances in cerebellar and neuromuscular transmission tests are correlated in migraine with auraAnna Ambrosini
Headache Clinic, IRCCS INM Neuromed, Via Atinense 18, 86077 Pozzilli, Isernia, Italy
J Headache Pain 9:29-32. 2008..Thus, we conclude that neuromuscular transmission and cerebellar functions are correlated in the same patient when affected by migraine with aura. We suggest that this correlation might be due to a common molecular abnormality...
- Intensity dependence of auditory evoked potentials during light interference in migraineAnna Ambrosini
Headache Clinic, IRCCS INM Neuromed, Via Atinense, 18, I 86077 Pozzilli, Isernia, Italy
Neurosci Lett 492:80-3. 2011..Besides underscoring the pathophysiological heterogeneity of migraine, these results suggest that light interference might improve the phenotyping of migraine patients who have a normal IDAP in the resting condition...
- Suboccipital injection with a mixture of rapid- and long-acting steroids in cluster headache: a double-blind placebo-controlled studyAnna Ambrosini
Headache Clinic, INM Neuromed, IRCCS, Via Atinense, 18, I 86077 Pozzilli, Isernia, Italy
Pain 118:92-6. 2005..Remission lasted between 4 and 26 months in five patients. A single suboccipital steroid injection completely suppresses attacks in more than 80% of CH patients. This effect is maintained for at least 4 weeks in the majority of them...
- Reduced gating of middle-latency auditory evoked potentials (P50) in migraine patients: another indication of abnormal sensory processing?A Ambrosini
Headache Clinics IRCCS Neuromed via Atinense, 18, I 86077, Pozzilli Isernia, Italy
Neurosci Lett 306:132-4. 2001..This lack of auditory sensory gating may be due to a hypofunction of monoaminergic subcortico-cortical pathways, which is also supposed to cause the interictal deficit of cortical habituation to repetitive stimuli...
- Lack of habituation causes high intensity dependence of auditory evoked cortical potentials in migraineA Ambrosini
Headache Clinic, INM Neuromed, Pozzilli, Isernia, Italy
Brain 126:2009-15. 2003..We propose that it is due to a decreased pre-activation level of sensory cortices, a hypothesis also supported in this study by the lower amplitude of first AEP blocks in patients...
- Neuromuscular transmission in migraine patients with prolonged auraA Ambrosini
Headache Clinic IRCCS INM Neuromed, Pozzilli, Isernia, Italy
Acta Neurol Belg 101:166-70. 2001..001). These results suggest subtle impairment of neuromuscular transmission in a subgroup of migraineurs characterized by prolonged aura, which might be due to dysfunctioning P/Q Ca(2+)-channels...
- Neuromuscular transmission in migraine: a single-fiber EMG study in clinical subgroupsA Ambrosini
Mediterranean Neurological Institute, IRCCS Neuromed, Pozzilli, Italy
Neurology 56:1038-43. 2001..These abnormalities might thus be due to genetically modified P/Q Ca(2+) channels...
- Electrophysiological studies in migraine: a comprehensive review of their interest and limitationsA Ambrosini
Headache Clinic, INM Neuromed, IRCCS, Pozzilli Isernia, Italy
Cephalalgia 23:13-31. 2003....
- Acetazolamide acts on neuromuscular transmission abnormalities found in some migraineursA Ambrosini
Headache Clinic, INM Neuromed, IRCCS, Pozzilli, Isernia, Italy
Cephalalgia 23:75-8. 2003..These results support the assumption that the subclinical impairment of neuromuscular transmission found in certain migraineurs might be due to dysfunctioning Ca2+-channels...
- The electrophysiology of migraineAnna Ambrosini
Headache Clinic, INM Neuromed, IRCCS, Pozzilli, Isernia, Italy
Curr Opin Neurol 16:327-31. 2003..The purpose of this review is to highlight the results of electrophysiological studies published during the last year and to examine their added value to our previous knowledge...
- In vivo quantitative 1H MRS of cerebellum and evaluation of quantitation reproducibility by simulation of different levels of noise and spectral resolutionMaria Antonietta Macrì
Enrico Fermi Center, 00185 Rome, Italy
Magn Reson Imaging 22:1385-93. 2004..Different noise and line broadening conditions were considered and simulated in the spectral processing in order to evaluate the effect of spectral quality on the concentration estimates...
- A randomized double-blind placebo-controlled trial of thioctic acid in migraine prophylaxisDelphine Magis
Headache Research Unit, Neurology Department, University of Liege, Liege, Belgium
Headache 47:52-7. 2007..Thioctic acid (-lipoic acid) is another substance known to enhance energy metabolism in mitochondria and to be beneficial in diabetic neuropathy...
- Evoked potentials and transcranial magnetic stimulation in migraine: published data and viewpoint on their pathophysiologic significanceJean Schoenen
University Department of Neurology, CHR Citadelle, Blvd du XIIèmede Ligne, 1 B 4000, Liege, Belgium
Clin Neurophysiol 114:955-72. 2003..To summarize, electrophysiologic studies demonstrate in migraine between attacks a cortical, and possibly subcortical, dysfunction of which the hallmark is deficient habituation...
- Genetics of migraine: possible links to neurophysiological abnormalitiesPeter S Sandor
Headache and Pain Unit, Neurology Department, University of Zurich, Switzerland
Headache 42:365-77. 2002
- Single-fiber EMG in familial hemiplegic migraineJean E Schoenen
Neurology 64:1666-7; author reply 1666-7. 2005