Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology
- Depletion of TDP-43 affects Drosophila motoneurons terminal synapsis and locomotive behaviorFabian Feiguin
International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, Padriciano 99, Trieste, Italy
FEBS Lett 583:1586-92. 2009..Our results demonstrate the role of this protein in vivo and suggest an alternative explanation to ALS pathogenesis that may be more due to the lack of TDP 43 function than to the toxicity of the aggregates...
- Chronological requirements of TDP-43 function in synaptic organization and locomotive controlGiulia Romano
International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, Padriciano 99, 34149 Trieste, Italy
Neurobiol Dis 71:95-109. 2014..These observations suggest that late therapeutic approaches based on TDP-43 functionality may also be successful for the human pathology. ..
- TDP-43 regulates Drosophila neuromuscular junctions growth by modulating Futsch/MAP1B levels and synaptic microtubules organizationVinay K Godena
International Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, Trieste, Italy
PLoS ONE 6:e17808. 2011..Moreover, we observed that TDP-43 physically interacts with futsch mRNA and that its RNA binding capacity is required to prevent futsch down regulation and synaptic defects...
- Aggregate formation prevents dTDP-43 neurotoxicity in the Drosophila melanogaster eyeLucia Cragnaz
ICGEB International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, Padriciano 99, 34149 Trieste, Italy
Neurobiol Dis 71:74-80. 2014..This is an important indication for the possible pathological mechanism in action on ALS patients. ..
- Functional screening in Drosophila reveals the conserved role of REEP1 in promoting stress resistance and preventing the formation of Tau aggregatesChiara Appocher
International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, Padriciano 99, Trieste 34149, Italy
Hum Mol Genet 23:6762-72. 2014..These studies identify a new function for the REEP1 protein in vivo and a novel cellular mechanism to prevent Tau toxicity. ..