Affiliation: International School for Advanced Studies
- Where is a nose with respect to a foot? The left posterior parietal cortex processes spatial relationships among body partsCorrado Corradi-Dell'Acqua
Cognitive Neuroscience Sector, Scuola Internazionale Superiore di Studi Avanzati SISSA ISAS, 34014 Trieste, Italy
Cereb Cortex 18:2879-90. 2008..The results show that the left IPS processes specifically the information about spatial relationships among body parts and thereby suggest that damage to this area may underlie autotopagnosia...
- What is the position of an arm relative to the body? Neural correlates of body schema and body structural descriptionCorrado Corradi-Dell'Acqua
Institute of Neuroscience and Medicine INM 3, Cognitive Neurology Section, Research Center Julich, D 52425 Julich, Germany
J Neurosci 29:4162-71. 2009..The results associate BS and BSD with differential neural substrates, thereby suggesting that these are independent body representations, and furthermore extend current concepts of SII function...
- Is the body in the eye of the beholder? Visual processing of bodies in individuals with anomalous anatomical sensory and motor featuresCorrado Corradi-Dell'Acqua
Scuola Internazionale Superiore di Studi Avanzati SISSA, Trieste, Italy
Neuropsychologia 48:689-702. 2010..In light of these results, pure visual and pure embodied accounts behind visual processing of biological stimuli should be reconsidered...
- Disentangling self- and fairness-related neural mechanisms involved in the ultimatum game: an fMRI studyCorrado Corradi-Dell'Acqua
Cognitive Neurology Section, Institute of Neuroscience and Medicine, INM 3, Research Center Juelich, Leo Brandt Strasse, D 52428 Juelich, Germany
Soc Cogn Affect Neurosci 8:424-31. 2013..Our data extend the current understanding of the neural substrate of social decision making, by disentangling the structures sensitive to direct emotional involvement of the self from those implicated in pure fairness considerations...
- Selective imitation impairments differentially interact with language processingPaola Mengotti
Neuroscience Area, SISSA, Trieste, Italy
Brain 136:2602-18. 2013....
- Imitation components in the human brain: an fMRI studyPaola Mengotti
Cognitive Neuroscience Sector, SISSA Trieste, Italy
Neuroimage 59:1622-30. 2012..Our findings extend current understanding of the role played by spatial and anatomical components in imitation and provide new insights about the parietal opercula...
- Neuropsychological perspectives on the mechanisms of imitationRaffaella I Rumiati
Scuola Internazionale Superiore di Studi Avanzati, Trieste, Italy
Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 364:2337-47. 2009..In particular, reference will be made to the dual route model and to accounts that associate the imitative deficit to putative degraded body representations...
- "She" is not like "I": the tie between language and action is in our imaginationLiuba Papeo
Cognitive Neuroscience Sector, Scuola Internazionale di Studi Superiori Avanzati International School for Advanced Studies, via Bonomea, 265, Trieste, Italy
J Cogn Neurosci 23:3939-48. 2011..This questions the core principle of "mirror matching" and opens to alternative interpretations of the relationship between conceptual and sensorimotor processes...
- Are irrational reactions to unfairness truly emotionally-driven? Dissociated behavioural and emotional responses in the Ultimatum Game taskClaudia Civai
Cognitive Neuroscience Sector, SISSA, Via Beirut 2 4, 34100 Trieste TS, Italy
Cognition 114:89-95. 2010..Psychological mechanisms other than emotions might be better candidates for explaining this behaviour...