Affiliation: International School for Advanced Studies
- Where is a nose with respect to a foot? The left posterior parietal cortex processes spatial relationships among body partsCorrado Corradi-Dell'Acqua
Cognitive Neuroscience Sector, Scuola Internazionale Superiore di Studi Avanzati SISSA ISAS, 34014 Trieste, Italy
Cereb Cortex 18:2879-90. 2008..The results show that the left IPS processes specifically the information about spatial relationships among body parts and thereby suggest that damage to this area may underlie autotopagnosia...
- What is the position of an arm relative to the body? Neural correlates of body schema and body structural descriptionCorrado Corradi-Dell'Acqua
Institute of Neuroscience and Medicine INM 3, Cognitive Neurology Section, Research Center Julich, D 52425 Julich, Germany
J Neurosci 29:4162-71. 2009..The results associate BS and BSD with differential neural substrates, thereby suggesting that these are independent body representations, and furthermore extend current concepts of SII function...
- Is the body in the eye of the beholder? Visual processing of bodies in individuals with anomalous anatomical sensory and motor featuresCorrado Corradi-Dell'Acqua
Scuola Internazionale Superiore di Studi Avanzati SISSA, Trieste, Italy
Neuropsychologia 48:689-702. 2010..In light of these results, pure visual and pure embodied accounts behind visual processing of biological stimuli should be reconsidered...
- Imitation components in the human brain: an fMRI studyPaola Mengotti
Cognitive Neuroscience Sector, SISSA Trieste, Italy
Neuroimage 59:1622-30. 2012..Our findings extend current understanding of the role played by spatial and anatomical components in imitation and provide new insights about the parietal opercula...
- Neuropsychological perspectives on the mechanisms of imitationRaffaella I Rumiati
Scuola Internazionale Superiore di Studi Avanzati, Trieste, Italy
Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 364:2337-47. 2009..In particular, reference will be made to the dual route model and to accounts that associate the imitative deficit to putative degraded body representations...
- "She" is not like "I": the tie between language and action is in our imaginationLiuba Papeo
Cognitive Neuroscience Sector, Scuola Internazionale di Studi Superiori Avanzati International School for Advanced Studies, via Bonomea, 265, Trieste, Italy
J Cogn Neurosci 23:3939-48. 2011..This questions the core principle of "mirror matching" and opens to alternative interpretations of the relationship between conceptual and sensorimotor processes...
- Are irrational reactions to unfairness truly emotionally-driven? Dissociated behavioural and emotional responses in the Ultimatum Game taskClaudia Civai
Cognitive Neuroscience Sector, SISSA, Via Beirut 2 4, 34100 Trieste TS, Italy
Cognition 114:89-95. 2010..Psychological mechanisms other than emotions might be better candidates for explaining this behaviour...