Affiliation: Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment
- HER2 testing in gastric cancer: molecular morphology and storage time-related changes in archival samplesMauro Risio
Unit of Pathology, Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment, Candiolo Torino, Italy
Int J Oncol 23:1381-7. 2003..1% for the years 2000, 1999, 1998, respectively; 0% for cases embedded during 1997. According to these results, the reliability of the FISH and immunohistochemical assays decreases after prolonged storage of paraffin-embedded specimens...
- Reprint of: The natural history of adenomasMauro Risio
Unit of Pathology, Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment, Strada Provinciale 142, Km 3 95, 10060 Candiolo, Torino, Italy
Best Pract Res Clin Anaesthesiol 24:397-406. 2010..Knowledge of the biological machineries sustaining the progression rates and times could be crucial to refine the natural history assumptions in screening modelling...
- The natural history of adenomasMauro Risio
Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment, Candiolo, Torino, Italy
Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol 24:271-80. 2010..Knowledge of the biological machineries sustaining the progression rates and times could be crucial to refine the natural history assumptions in screening modelling...
- Programmed cell death, proliferating cell nuclear antigen and p53 expression in mouse colon mucosa during diet-induced tumorigenesisM Risio
Department of Pathology, Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment, Candiolo Torino, Italy
Anal Cell Pathol 21:87-94. 2000..p53 protein was not immunohistochemically detected, suggesting that neither overexpression of wild-type nor mutated forms of the protein are involved in the above mentioned changes...
- [Histopathologic diagnosis in colorectal cancer screening: guidelines]M Risio
Servizio di Anatomia Patologica, IRCC, Candiolo, Torino
Pathologica 98:171-4. 2006
- Deletions of 17p are associated with transition from early to advanced colorectal cancerMauro Risio
Unit of Pathology, Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment, Strada Provinciale 142, Km 3 95, 10060, Candiolo, Torino, Italy
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 147:44-9. 2003..01). These findings indicate that loss of genes from the 17p13.3 chromosome region may play an important role in sustaining the transition from early to advanced cancer in colorectal tumor progression...
- HER2 gene-amplified breast cancers with monosomy of chromosome 17 are poorly responsive to trastuzumab-based treatmentMauro Risio
Unit of Pathology, Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment, Strada Provinciale 142, Km 3 95, I 10060 Candiolo, Torino, Italy
Oncol Rep 13:305-9. 2005..Further studies on the imbalance between the amplified HER2 gene and functionally antagonist gene(s) on chromosome 17 are warranted...
- The natural history of colorectal adenomas and early cancerM Risio
Department of Pathology, Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment, Strada Provinciale 142, 10060 Candiolo Torino, Italy
Pathologe 33:206-10. 2012..Thus, biomarkers to distinguish between progressive and non-progressive pT1 neoplasia are needed...
- Serum bile acids, programmed cell death and cell proliferation in the mucosa of patients with colorectal adenomasM Fracchia
Gastroenterology Unit, Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment IRCC, Strada Provinciale N degree 142, Candiolo, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 37:509-14. 2005..Deoxycholic acid induced programmed cell death and an imbalance with cell proliferation may favour colorectal tumourigenesis according to 'in vitro' studies, but information is lacking on the relationships occurring 'in vivo' in humans...
- Malignant adenoma: diagnosis, staging, risk factors, lymph node involvement and problems of samplingM Risio
Unit of Pathology, Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment, Candiolo, Turin, Italy
Tech Coloproctol 8:s253-6. 2004....
- Intermediate biomarkers in the colorectal tumor progressionM Risio
Centro Ricerche Neoplasie Apparato Digerente L. Novello Miglino, Ospedale San Giovanni Antica Sede, Torino, Italy
Tumori 81:16-8. 1995..New "regression-related" biomarkers should be investigated for the planning of measures designed to bring about the regression of premalignant lesions...
- Specific K-ras2 mutations in human sporadic colorectal adenomas are associated with DNA near-diploid aneuploidy and inhibition of proliferationW Giaretti
Laboratory of Biophysics Cytometry, National Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment, Candiolo, Genoa, Italy
Am J Pathol 153:1201-9. 1998..These data suggest that specific K-ras2 mutations in a subgroup of human sporadic colorectal adenomas play a role in chromosome instability and, contrary to expectations, are associated with inhibition of proliferation...
- Cytogenetic findings in a case of dedifferentiated chondrosarcomaLaura Casorzo
Pathology Unit, Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment IRCC, Candiolo, Torino, Italy
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 144:61-4. 2003..A putative MFH tumor suppressor gene could be present in a critical region on chromosome bands 9p21~p22...
- Fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) evaluation of chromosomes 6, 7, 9 and 10 throughout human melanocytic tumorigenesisLaura Casorzo
Unit of Pathology, Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment, Strada Provinciale 142, 10060 Candiolo Torino, Italy
Melanoma Res 15:155-60. 2005....
- Bone marrow evaluation in small cell carcinoma of the lungG Giaccone
Divisione di Oncologia Medica and Anatomia Patologica, Ospedale San Giovanni, Torino, Italy
Acta Oncol 26:185-8. 1987..In our experience bone marrow biopsy was of little value in staging SCLC. Bilateral biopsy plus aspirate, with the addition of more sophisticated staining techniques might, however, provide a higher yield of positive marrow involvement...
- High frequency of MYH gene mutations in a subset of patients with familial adenomatous polyposisTiziana Venesio
Unit of Pathology, Imnstitute for Cancer Research and Treatment, Candiolo Torino, Italy
Gastroenterology 126:1681-5. 2004..The aim of this study was to evaluate germline mutation frequencies of both MYH and APC susceptibility genes in Italian patients with attenuated familial adenomatous polyposis...
- Comparing attendance and detection rate of colonoscopy with sigmoidoscopy and FIT for colorectal cancer screeningNereo Segnan
CPO Piemonte, Torino, Italy
Gastroenterology 132:2304-12. 2007..We conducted a study to estimate population coverage and detection rate (DR) achievable through different strategies of colorectal cancer (CRC) screening...
- Granulocyte-colony stimulating factor upregulates ErbB2 expression on breast cancer cell lines and converts primary resistance to trastuzumabGiuliana Cavalloni
Department of Medical Oncology, University of Torino Medical School, Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment, Candiolo, Torino, Italy
Anticancer Drugs 19:689-96. 2008..G-CSF treatment increases ErbB2 expression in vitro and in vivo enhancing the activity of trastuzumab on BC cell lines inducing apoptosis of BC cells with low or no ErbB2 genomic amplification...
- [Morphogenetic and molecular events in the early stages of colorectal carcinogenesis]M Risio
Servizio di Anatomia ed Istologia Patologica, Istituto per la Ricerca e la Cura del Cancro, Candiolo, Torino, Italia
Pathologica 97:178-9. 2005
- [Morphogenesis and molecular pathology of premalignant neoplastic lesions of the colon]M Risio
Servizio di Anatomia ed Istrologia Patologica, Istituto per la Ricerca e Cura del Cancro, Candiolo, Torino
Pathologica 95:282-3. 2003
- CD31 and CD34 expression as immunohistochemical markers of endothelial transdifferentiation in human cutaneous melanomaA M Pisacane
Unit of Pathology, Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment, 10060 Candiolo, Torino, Italy
Cell Oncol 29:59-66. 2007....
- Germline APC mutation on the beta-catenin binding site is associated with a decreased apoptotic level in colorectal adenomasTiziana Venesio
Unit of Pathology, Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment IRCC, Candiolo Torino, Italy
Mod Pathol 16:57-65. 2003....
- Sema3E-Plexin D1 signaling drives human cancer cell invasiveness and metastatic spreading in miceAndrea Casazza
Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment, University of Torino Medical School, Candiolo, Italy
J Clin Invest 120:2684-98. 2010..In sum, Sema3E-Plexin D1 signaling in cancer cells is crucially implicated in their metastatic behavior and may therefore be a promising target for strategies aimed at blocking tumor metastasis...
- An uncleavable form of pro-scatter factor suppresses tumor growth and dissemination in miceMassimiliano Mazzone
Division of Molecular Oncology, Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment, University of Torino Medical School, Candiolo, Italy
J Clin Invest 114:1418-32. 2004..These data show that proteolytic activation of pro-SF is a limiting step in tumor progression, thus suggesting a new strategy for the treatment or prevention of the malignant conversion of neoplastic lesions...
- APC haploinsufficiency, but not CTNNB1 or CDH1 gene mutations, accounts for a fraction of familial adenomatous polyposis patients without APC truncating mutationsTiziana Venesio
Unit of Pathology, Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment, Candiolo Torino, Genova, Italy
Lab Invest 83:1859-66. 2003..Our results support the notion that FAP/AAPC can result from APC constitutive haploinsufficiency, with gene deletion being a possible cause of reduced gene expression...
- Randomized trial of different screening strategies for colorectal cancer: patient response and detection ratesNereo Segnan
Centro Prevenzione Oncologica Regione Piemonte and Azienda Sanitaria Ospedaliera S Giovanni Battista, Torino, Italy
J Natl Cancer Inst 97:347-57. 2005..We compared the participation and detection rates achievable through different strategies of colorectal cancer screening...
- VEGF and VEGFR-2 immunohistochemistry in human melanocytic naevi and cutaneous melanomasAlberto M Pisacane
Unit of Pathology, Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment, Strada Provinciale 142 km 3, 95, 10060 Candiolo, Torino, Italy
Melanoma Res 15:39-43. 2005..The role exerted by VEGF/VEGFR-2, however, seems to be independent of the development of a tumour-related capillary network...
- Histologic risk factors and clinical outcome in colorectal malignant polyp: a pooled-data analysisCesare Hassan
Department of Gastroenterology and Digestive Endoscopy, Nuovo Regina Margherita Hospital, Rome, Italy
Dis Colon Rectum 48:1588-96. 2005..The study was designed to compute the association between the main histologic risk factors and the occurrence of unfavorable outcomes in patients with malignant polyps...
- Near-diploid and near-triploid human sporadic colorectal adenocarcinomas differ for KRAS2 and TP53 mutational statusWalter Giaretti
National Institute for Cancer Research, Genoa, Italy
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 37:207-13. 2003..We suggest that DNA near-diploid and near-triploid subpopulations in human sporadic CRC reflect different genetic mechanisms of CIN and have a potentially different clinical behavior...
- HER2 testing and correlation with efficacy of trastuzumab therapyMonica Fornier
Breast Cancer Medicine Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Oncology (Williston Park) 16:1340-8, 1351-2; discussion 1352, 1355-8. 2002..FISH is not as widely available and is more costly than immunohistochemistry, but economic modeling shows that it is the most effective (and cost-effective) option...
- Constitutional high expression of an APC mRNA isoform in a subset of attenuated familial adenomatous polyposis patientsTiziana Venesio
Unit of Pathology, Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment IRCC, Strada Provinciale 142, 10060, Candiolo, Torino, Italy
J Mol Med (Berl) 85:305-12. 2007..Although functional data are required, the isoform we observed might have some pathogenic role, accounting for the heterogeneous phenotype that characterizes the polyposis syndrome...
- Combined DNA flow cytometry and sorting with k-ras2 mutation spectrum analysis and the prognosis of human sporadic colorectal cancerElio Geido
Laboratorio di Biofisica e Citometria, Istituto Nazionale per la Ricerca sul Cancro, Genova, Italy
Cytometry 50:216-24. 2002..Activation of the k-ras2 pathways and chromosomal instability leading to aneuploidy in human sporadic colorectal cancer (sCRC) is essential to the tumor cell ability to survive, grow, and metastatize...
- Immunohistochemical expression of MYH protein can be used to identify patients with MYH-associated polyposisCarmela Di Gregorio
Division of Pathology, Hospital of Carpi, Modena, Italy
Gastroenterology 131:439-44. 2006..We investigated the expression pattern of the MYH protein to evaluate whether a immunohistochemical approach could be used in clinical practice to screen patients for germline mutations in the MYH gene...
- Chemotherapy regimen predicts steatohepatitis and an increase in 90-day mortality after surgery for hepatic colorectal metastasesJean Nicolas Vauthey
Department of Surgical Oncology, Unit 444, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030 4009, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:2065-72. 2006..Chemotherapy before resection of hepatic colorectal metastases (CRM) may cause hepatic injury and affect postoperative outcome...
- KRAS transitions and villous growth in colorectal adenomasMauro Risio
Cell Oncol 27:363-6. 2005
- Baseline findings of the Italian multicenter randomized controlled trial of "once-only sigmoidoscopy"--SCORENereo Segnan
Unit of Epidemiology, Centro per la Prevenzione Oncologica Piemonte, Azienda Sanitaria Ospedaliero S Giovanni Batista, Via S Francesco da Paola 31, Piemonte, 10123 Turin, Italy
J Natl Cancer Inst 94:1763-72. 2002..We present the baseline screening outcomes...
- Chromosomal instability and APC gene mutations in human sporadic colorectal adenomasWalter Giaretti
Department of Oncogenesis, National Institute for Cancer Research, Genoa, Italy
J Pathol 204:193-9. 2004....