Affiliation: Institute of Crystallography
- Directed evolution and in silico analysis of reaction centre proteins reveal molecular signatures of photosynthesis adaptation to radiation pressureGiuseppina Rea
Institute of Crystallography, National Research Council, Monterotondo, Italy
PLoS ONE 6:e16216. 2011..These results led us to hypothesize an archaean atmosphere less challenging in terms of ionizing radiation than the present one...
- Structure-based design of novel Chlamydomonas reinhardtii D1-D2 photosynthetic proteins for herbicide monitoringGiuseppina Rea
Institute of Crystallography, Monterotondo Stazione, Rome, Italy
Protein Sci 18:2139-51. 2009....
- A powerful molecular engineering tool provided efficient Chlamydomonas mutants as bio-sensing elements for herbicides detectionMaya D Lambreva
Institute of Crystallography, National Research Council, Monterotondo Scalo, Rome, Italy
PLoS ONE 8:e61851. 2013....
- Mutations of photosystem II D1 protein that empower efficient phenotypes of Chlamydomonas reinhardtii under extreme environment in spaceMaria Teresa Giardi
Institute of Crystallography, National Research Council of Italy, CNR, Rome, Italy
PLoS ONE 8:e64352. 2013..These results highlight the contribution of D1 conformation in relation to photosynthesis and oxygen production in space...
- Optical biosensors for environmental monitoring based on computational and biotechnological tools for engineering the photosynthetic D1 protein of Chlamydomonas reinhardtiiMaria Teresa Giardi
Institute of Crystallography, Area of Research of Rome, Department of Agrofood, CNR, Via Salaria km 29 300, 00015, Monterotondo Scalo, Rome, Italy
Biosens Bioelectron 25:294-300. 2009..8 x 10(-11) and 3.0 x 10(-9), depending on the target analyte. In addition, biomediator regeneration without obvious deterioration in performance was demonstrated...
- Ionizing radiation impacts photochemical quantum yield and oxygen evolution activity of Photosystem II in photosynthetic microorganismsGiuseppina Rea
IC CNR, Area of Research of Rome, Department of Agrofood, National Research Council, Rome, Italy
Int J Radiat Biol 84:867-77. 2008..The aim of the present study was to assess the effects of space ionizing radiation exposure on the photosynthetic activity of various microorganisms...
- The NUTRA-SNACKS project: basic research and biotechnological programs on nutraceuticsGiuseppina Rea
Institute of Crystallography, Department of Agrofood, National Council of Research, Monterotondo Scalo, Rome, Italy
Adv Exp Med Biol 698:1-16. 2010....
- Design and biophysical characterization of atrazine-sensing peptides mimicking the Chlamydomonas reinhardtii plastoquinone binding nicheViviana Scognamiglio
Institute of Crystallography, CNR, Rome, Italy
Phys Chem Chem Phys 15:13108-15. 2013..These studies paved the way to the set-up of an array of synthetic mutant peptides with a wide range of affinity towards different classes of target analytes, for the development of optical nanosensing platforms for herbicide detection...
- Refolding of the Cupressus arizonica major pollen allergen Cup a1.02 overexpressed in Escherichia coliGiuseppina Rea
Institute of Crystallography, CNR, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, P O Box 10, I 00016 Monterotondo Stazione, Rome, Italy
Protein Expr Purif 37:419-25. 2004..02 allergen suitable for structural biology studies and for the molecular and functional characterization of the IgE binding sites...
- Question: What is the biological function of the polyamines?Giuseppina Rea
IUBMB Life 56:167-9. 2004
- Healthy and adverse effects of plant-derived functional metabolites: the need of revealing their content and bioactivity in a complex food matrixTeresa Lavecchia
Biosensor, s r l, Rome, Italy
Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr 53:198-213. 2013..This review describes the most widespread nutraceutics and an analytical control of the same using recently developed biosensors which are promising candidates for routine control of functional foods...
- Involvement of polyamine oxidase in wound healingRiccardo Angelini
Dipartimento di Biologia, Universita Roma Tre, Viale G Marconi 446, 00146, Rome, Italy
Plant Physiol 146:162-77. 2008....