Affiliation: Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment
- Expression of the c-ErbB-2/HER2 proto-oncogene in normal hematopoietic cellsFrancesco Leone
Department of Oncological Sciences, University of Torino Medical School, Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment, IRCC Candiolo, Italy
J Leukoc Biol 74:593-601. 2003..Studies in progress aim to clarify the role of c-ErbB-2 in regulation of this process in hematopoietic tissues...
- Induction gemcitabine and oxaliplatin therapy followed by a twice-weekly infusion of gemcitabine and concurrent external-beam radiation for neoadjuvant treatment of locally advanced pancreatic cancer: a single institutional experienceFrancesco Leone
University of Turin, Medical Oncology Department, Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment, Candiolo, Italy
Cancer 119:277-84. 2013..In this study, they evaluated the use of induction chemotherapy followed by a CRT neoadjuvant protocol...
- Tumor cell purging by ex vivo expansion of hemopoietic stem cells from breast cancer patients combined with targeting ErbB receptorsFrancesco Leone
Division of Medical Oncology, University of Turin Medical School, Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment, Turin, Italy
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 12:68-74. 2006..Target-based agents against ErbB-2, epidermal growth factor receptor, or both--such as trastuzumab or gefitinib--might increase the efficiency of purging...
- Somatic mutations of epidermal growth factor receptor in bile duct and gallbladder carcinomaFrancesco Leone
Department of Clinical Oncology, Unit of Pathology, University of Torino Medical School, Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment, Candiolo, Turin, Italy
Clin Cancer Res 12:1680-5. 2006..Therefore, we analyzed EGFR mutations and related pathways in gallbladder and bile duct carcinomas to consider the possible application of these alternative therapeutic strategies...
- Antitumor activity of Src inhibitor saracatinib (AZD-0530) in preclinical models of biliary tract carcinomasGiuliana Cavalloni
Department of Medical Oncology, University of Turin Medical School, Turin, Italy
Mol Cancer Ther 11:1528-38. 2012..We propose our results as a basis for the design of saracatinib-based clinical applications...
- Targeting EGFR/HER2 pathways enhances the antiproliferative effect of gemcitabine in biliary tract and gallbladder carcinomasYmera Pignochino
Department of Medical Oncology, University of Torino Medical School, Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment, Candiolo, Italy
BMC Cancer 10:631. 2010..Furthermore, we tested the efficacy of drugs targeting these molecules, as single agents or in combination with gemcitabine, the standard therapeutic agent against BTC...
- Granulocyte-colony stimulating factor upregulates ErbB2 expression on breast cancer cell lines and converts primary resistance to trastuzumabGiuliana Cavalloni
Department of Medical Oncology, University of Torino Medical School, Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment, Candiolo, Torino, Italy
Anticancer Drugs 19:689-96. 2008..G-CSF treatment increases ErbB2 expression in vitro and in vivo enhancing the activity of trastuzumab on BC cell lines inducing apoptosis of BC cells with low or no ErbB2 genomic amplification...
- Outcome of metastatic colorectal cancer: analysis of a consecutive series of 229 patients. The impact of a multidisciplinary approachElisa Sperti
Division of Medical Oncology, Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment, Candiolo Turin, Italy
Dis Colon Rectum 49:1596-601. 2006..New chemotherapy agents and integrated treatments have improved the prognosis of patients with metastatic colorectal cancer...
- Biliary tract carcinomas: from chemotherapy to targeted therapyDonatella Marino
Department of Medical Oncology, University of Turin Medical School, Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment IRCC, Candiolo, Italy
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 85:136-48. 2013..In this review we will discuss the clinical experience with systemic treatment for BTC, focusing on future directions with targeted therapies...
- Involvement of chemokine receptor 4/stromal cell-derived factor 1 system during osteosarcoma tumor progressionEliana Perissinotto
Department of Oncological Sciences and Laboratories of Clinical Oncology, University of Turin Medical School, IRCC Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment, Strada Provinciale 142, 10060 Candiolo, Turin, Italy
Clin Cancer Res 11:490-7. 2005....
- Reduced-intensity allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in metastatic colorectal cancer as a novel adoptive cell therapy approach. The European group for blood and marrow transplantation experienceMassimo Aglietta
Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Oncological Sciences, Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment, Candiolo and University of Torino Medical School, Turin, Italy
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 15:326-35. 2009..The study of an allogeneic cell based therapy in less advanced patients is warranted...
- The 41st Annual Meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology. Orlando, FL, USA, 13-17 May, 2005Filippo Montemurro
Unit of Medical Oncology, Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment, IRCC Candiolo, Strada Provinciale 142, 10060 Candiolo, Turin, Italy
Expert Opin Pharmacother 6:2907-21. 2005..However, at present, for most of the diseases, improvements brought about by the newer therapies are small, although clinically meaningful. This review will briefly address some of the most interesting data presented at ASCO 2005...
- Activator protein-2 overexpression accounts for increased insulin receptor expression in human breast cancerFrancesco Paonessa
Dipartimento di Medicina Sperimentale e Clinica G Salvatore, Università di Catanzaro Magna Graecia, Catanzaro, Italy
Cancer Res 66:5085-93. 2006..Our findings support this hypothesis and suggest that in affected individuals, hyperactivation of the AP-2 gene through the overexpression of IR may play a key role in breast carcinogenesis...
- Targeting of epidermal growth factor receptor in patients affected by biliary tract carcinomaFrancesco Leone
J Clin Oncol 25:1145; author reply 1145-6. 2007