Affiliation: IASMA Research Center
- Saturated linkage map construction in Rubus idaeus using genotyping by sequencing and genome-independent imputationJudson A Ward
Department of Horticulture, Cornell University, New York State Agricultural Experiment Station, Geneva, New York 14456, USA
BMC Genomics 14:2. 2013..Imputation can reduce the number of missing values and can correct genotyping errors, but current methods of imputation require a reference genome and thus are not an option for most species...
- The genes and enzymes of the carotenoid metabolic pathway in Vitis vinifera LPhilip R Young
Institute for Wine Biotechnology, Department of Viticulture and Oenology, Stellenbosch University, Matieland, 7602, South Africa
BMC Genomics 13:243. 2012....
- Development of a dense SNP-based linkage map of an apple rootstock progeny using the Malus Infinium whole genome genotyping arrayLaima Antanaviciute
East Malling Research EMR, New Road, East Malling, Kent ME19 6BJ, UK
BMC Genomics 13:203. 2012..To test the applicability of the array for mapping in diverse Malus genotypes, we applied the array to the construction of a SNP-based linkage map of an apple rootstock progeny...
- Whole genome comparisons of Fragaria, Prunus and Malus reveal different modes of evolution between Rosaceous subfamiliesSook Jung
Department of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture, Washington State University, Pullman, WA 99164, USA
BMC Genomics 13:129. 2012..Recently the whole genome of three crop species, peach, apple and strawberry, which belong to different genera of the Rosaceae family, have been sequenced, allowing in-depth comparison of these genomes...
- Argot2: a large scale function prediction tool relying on semantic similarity of weighted Gene Ontology termsMarco Falda
Department of Molecular Medicine, University of Padova, Via U Bassi 58 B, 35121, Padova, Italy
BMC Bioinformatics 13:S14. 2012..In this scenario, the Gene Ontology has provided the means to standardize the annotation classification with a structured vocabulary which can be easily exploited by computational methods...
- The genome of the domesticated apple (Malus × domestica Borkh.)Riccardo Velasco
Istituto Agrario San Michele all Adige Research and Innovation Centre, Foundation Edmund Mach, Trento, Italy
Nat Genet 42:833-9. 2010....
- A high quality draft consensus sequence of the genome of a heterozygous grapevine varietyRiccardo Velasco
IASMA Research Center, San Michele all Adige, Trento, Italy
PLoS ONE 2:e1326. 2007..In this paper a high quality draft genome sequence of a cultivated clone of V. vinifera Pinot Noir is presented...
- Resistance to Plasmopara viticola in a grapevine segregating population is associated with stilbenoid accumulation and with specific host transcriptional responsesGiulia Malacarne
Fondazione Edmund Mach, Research and Innovation Center, Via E, Mach 1, 38010 San Michele all Adige, Italy
BMC Plant Biol 11:114. 2011..viticola of the Merzling × Teroldego cross by profiling the stilbenoid content of the leaves of an entire population and the transcriptome of resistant and susceptible individuals following infection...
- Dominance induction of fruitlet shedding in Malus x domestica (L. Borkh): molecular changes associated with polar auxin transportValeriano Dal Cin
Department of Environmental Agronomy and Crop Science, University of Padova, Viale dell Universita 16, 35020 Legnaro Padova, Italy
BMC Plant Biol 9:139. 2009..The response to these hormones is controlled by transcription regulators such as Aux/IAA and ARR, whereas auxin transport is controlled by influx and efflux carriers...
- A SNP transferability survey within the genus VitisSilvia Vezzulli
IASMA Research Centre, Via E, Mach 1, 38010 San Michele all Adige TN, Italy
BMC Plant Biol 8:128. 2008..cultivar Pinot Noir (clone ENTAV 115) genome gave rise to several thousand polymorphisms and offers a good model to study the transferability of its degree of polymorphism to other individuals of the same species and within the genus...
- Ontology-oriented retrieval of putative microRNAs in Vitis vinifera via GrapeMiRNA: a web database of de novo predicted grape microRNAsBarbara Lazzari
Technology Park Lodi, Localita Cascina Codazza, Via Einstein, 26900 Lodi, Italy
BMC Plant Biol 9:82. 2009..The application is available at http://www.itb.cnr.it/ptp/grapemirna/...
- Genome-wide transcriptional analysis of grapevine berry ripening reveals a set of genes similarly modulated during three seasons and the occurrence of an oxidative burst at vèraisonStefania Pilati
Department of Genetics and Molecular Biology IASMA Research Center, Via E, Mach 1, 38010 S, Michele a Adige TN, Italy
BMC Genomics 8:428. 2007..Despite this relevance, little is known about the transcriptional changes and the regulatory circuits underlying the biochemical and physical changes occurring during berry development...
- Physical mapping in highly heterozygous genomes: a physical contig map of the Pinot Noir grapevine cultivarSimone Scalabrin
Istituto di Genomica Applicata, Parco Scientifico e Tecnologico di Udine Luigi Danieli, Via J Linussio 51, 33100 Udine, Italy
BMC Genomics 11:204. 2010..A physical map is essential to positionally clone such genes and instrumental in a genome sequencing project...
- Grapevine cell early activation of specific responses to DIMEB, a resveratrol elicitorAnita Zamboni
IASMA Research and Innovation Center, Fondazione Edmund Mach, S Michele a Adige I 38010, Italy
BMC Genomics 10:363. 2009..Among these, modified beta-cyclodextrins seem to act as true elicitors inducing strong production of the stilbene resveratrol...
- Comparative analysis of rosaceous genomes and the reconstruction of a putative ancestral genome for the familyEudald Illa
IRTA, Centre de Recerca en Agrigenòmica CSIC IRTA UAB, Carretera de Cabrils Km 2, 08348 Cabrils Barcelona, Spain
BMC Evol Biol 11:9. 2011..The growing body of genomics resources and sequence data for both Prunus and Fragaria permits detailed comparisons between these genera and the recently released Malus × domestica genome sequence...
- Profiling of resveratrol oligomers, important stress metabolites, accumulating in the leaves of hybrid Vitis vinifera (Merzling × Teroldego) genotypes infected with Plasmopara viticolaFulvio Mattivi
Fondazione Edmund Mach, IASMA Research and Innovation Centre, San Michele all Adige, Italy
J Agric Food Chem 59:5364-75. 2011..The isolation of a dimer deriving from the condensation of (+)-catechin with trans-caffeic acid also indicated that other preformed phenolics are structurally modified in tissues infected with P. viticola...
- SNP high-throughput screening in grapevine using the SNPlex genotyping systemMassimo Pindo
IASMA Research Center, Via E, Mach, 1 I 38010 San Michele all Adige, Italy
BMC Plant Biol 8:12. 2008..However, following completion of the sequence of the highly heterozygous genome of Pinot Noir, it has been possible to identify millions of electronic SNPs (eSNPs) thus providing a valuable source for high-throughput genotyping methods...
- Deconstruction of the (paleo)polyploid grapevine genome based on the analysis of transposition events involving NBS resistance genesGiulia Malacarne
IASMA Research and Innovation Centre, Fondazione Edmund Mach, S Michele all Adige, Trento, Italy
PLoS ONE 7:e29762. 2012..Chromosome number variation in the Vitaceae and related families, and the gap between the time of eudicot radiation and the age of Vitaceae fossils, are accounted for by our hypothesis...
- Identification of Pyrus single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) and evaluation for genetic mapping in European pear and interspecific Pyrus hybridsSara Montanari
Istituto Agrario San Michele all Adige Research and Innovation Centre, Foundation Edmund Mach, San Michele all Adige, Trento, Italy The New Zealand Institute for Plant and Food Research Limited Plant and Food Research, Palmerston North Research Centre, Palmerston North, New Zealand Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique INRA, UMR1345 Institut de Recherche en Horticulture et Semences, SFR 4207 QUASAV, PRES L UNAM, F 49071 Beaucouze, France Université d Angers, UMR1345 Institut de Recherche en Horticulture et Semences, F 49045 Angers, France AGROCAMPUS OUEST, UMR1345 Institut de Recherche en Horticulture et Semences, F 49045 Angers, France
PLoS ONE 8:e77022. 2013....
- A candidate gene based approach validates Md-PG1 as the main responsible for a QTL impacting fruit texture in apple (Malus x domestica Borkh)Sara Longhi
Research and Innovation Centre, Foundation Edmund Mach, Via Mach 1, 38010, San Michele all Adige, TN, Italy
BMC Plant Biol 13:37. 2013..In apple, Md-PG1, a key gene belonging to the polygalacturonase gene family, was mapped on chromosome 10 and co-localized within the statistical interval of a major hot spot QTL associated to several fruit texture sub-phenotypes...
- Comprehensive QTL mapping survey dissects the complex fruit texture physiology in apple (Malus x domestica Borkh.)Sara Longhi
Research and Innovation Centre, Foundation Edmund Mach, Via Mach 1, I 38010 San Michele all Adige, Trento, Italy
J Exp Bot 63:1107-21. 2012..The mining of the apple genome allowed the discovery of the gene inventory underlying each QTL, and functional profile assessment unravelled specific gene expression patterns of these candidate genes...
- A dense single-nucleotide polymorphism-based genetic linkage map of grapevine (Vitis vinifera L.) anchoring Pinot Noir bacterial artificial chromosome contigsMichela Troggio
IASMA Research Center, Via E Mach 1, 38010 San Michele all Adige TN, Italy
Genetics 176:2637-50. 2007..The map provides the most comprehensive view of the Vitis genome reported to date and will be relevant for future studies on structural and functional genomics and genetic improvement...
- Characterization of resistance gene analogues (RGAs) in apple (Malus × domestica Borkh.) and their evolutionary history of the Rosaceae familyMichele Perazzolli
Research and Innovation Centre, Fondazione Edmund Mach, San Michele all Adige, Italy
PLoS ONE 9:e83844. 2014..However, strikingly similar RGAs were shared in Malus, Pyrus, and Prunus, indicating high conservation of specific RGAs and suggesting a monophyletic origin of these three genera. ..
- Ripening and genotype control stilbene accumulation in healthy grapesPamela Gatto
IASMA Research Center, Via E Mach 1, 38010 San Michele all Adige TN, Italy
J Agric Food Chem 56:11773-85. 2008....
- The 1-deoxy-D: -xylulose 5-phosphate synthase gene co-localizes with a major QTL affecting monoterpene content in grapevineJuri Battilana
Department of Genetics and Molecular Biology, IASMA Research Center, Fondazione Edmund Mach, 38010 San Michele all Adige, Italy
Theor Appl Genet 118:653-69. 2009..Further research on the functional significance of these associations might help to understand the genetic control of Muscat flavor...