Affiliation: Hospital of Piacenza
- Interventional approaches in VTE treatment (vena cava filters, catheter-guided thrombolysis, thrombosuction)Davide Imberti
Department of Internal Medicine, Piacenza Hospital, Via Taverna 49, Piacenza, Italy
Semin Respir Crit Care Med 33:176-85. 2012....
- Therapeutic potential of apixaban in the prevention of venous thromboembolism in patients undergoing total knee replacement surgeryDavide Imberti
Department of Internal Medicine, Piacenza Hospital, Via Taverna 49, 29121, Piacenza, Italy
J Thromb Thrombolysis 34:208-13. 2012..This review focuses the clinical efficacy and tolerability of oral apixaban for the prevention of VTE in adult patients following TKR surgery...
- Interventional treatment of venous thromboembolism: a reviewDavide Imberti
Department of Internal Medicine, Piacenza Hospital, Italy
Thromb Res 129:418-25. 2012..Moreover, the appropriate indications for their use in daily clinical practice are reviewed...
- Retrievable vena cava filters: a clinical reviewDavide Imberti
Department of Internal Medicine, Piacenza Hospital, Via Taverna 49, 29121 Piacenza, Italy
J Thromb Thrombolysis 33:258-66. 2012..Moreover, the appropriate indications for their use in daily clinical practice are reviewed...
- D-dimer testing: advantages and limitations in emergency medicine for managing acute venous thromboembolismD Imberti
Intern Emerg Med 2:70-1. 2007
- Retrievable vena cava filters: key considerationsD Imberti
Thrombosis Center, Emergency Department, Hospital of Piacenza, Italy
Thromb Res 122:442-9. 2008..Large prospective cohort studies or randomized trials are strongly warranted to definitely clarify the beneficial role of these devices...
- Clinical characteristics and management of cancer-associated acute venous thromboembolism: findings from the MASTER RegistryDavide Imberti
Thrombosis Center Emergency Department, Piacenza Hospital, Via Taverna 49, 29100 Piacenza, Italy
Haematologica 93:273-8. 2008..The aim of this paper was to provide information on clinical characteristics and management of acute venous thromboembolism in patients with cancer by means of a large prospective registry...
- Successful protein C concentrate administration during initiation of oral anticoagulation in adult patients with severe congenital protein C deficiency: report of two casesDavide Imberti
Thrombosis and Haemostasis Center, Emergency Department, Piacenza Hospital, Piacenza, Italy
Pathophysiol Haemost Thromb 36:53-7. 2008..We conclude that PC concentrate seems to be effective for the prevention of thromboembolic complications and safe in patients with congenital PC deficiency while initiating oral anticoagulants...
- Venous thromboembolism prevention in patients with heart failure: an often neglected issueDavide Imberti
Dipartimento di Emergenza, Centro Emostasi e Trombosi, Medicina Interna Area Critica, Guglielmo da Saliceto Hospital, Piacenza, Italy
Pathophysiol Haemost Thromb 36:69-74. 2008....
- Pharmacodynamics of low molecular weight heparin in patients undergoing bariatric surgery: a prospective, randomised study comparing two doses of parnaparin (BAFLUX study)Davide Imberti
Ospedale Civile, Piacenza, Italy
Thromb Res 124:667-71. 2009..The optimal dose of low-molecular-weight-heparin (LMWH) to prevent venous thromboembolism (VTE) after bariatric surgery remains controversial...
- Treatment of venous thromboembolism in patients with cancer: Guidelines of the Italian Society for Haemostasis and Thrombosis (SISET)Davide Imberti
Emergency Department, Piacenza Hospital, Italy
Thromb Res 124:e32-40. 2009..The treatment of venous thromboembolism (VTE) in cancer patients remains controversial...
- Prothrombin complex concentrates for urgent anticoagulation reversal in patients with intracranial haemorrhageD Imberti
Ospedale Civile, Piacenza, Italy
Pathophysiol Haemost Thromb 36:259-65. 2008..Prothrombin complex concentrates (PCCs) produce a rapid and effective reversal of OAT effects, but little evidence exists on their efficacy and safety in the management of ICH in patients on OAT...
- [Antithrombin: prospects in clinical practice. Sespsi: anticoagulant or anti-inflammatory agents?]D Imberti
Ambulatorio Trombosi, III Unità Operativa di Medicina Interna, Ospedale Civile di Piacenza, Piacenza, Italy
Minerva Anestesiol 69:371-5. 2003....
- Management of primary care patients with suspected deep vein thrombosis: use of a therapeutic dose of low-molecular-weight heparin to avoid urgent ultrasonographic evaluationD Imberti
Emergency Department, Thrombosis Center, Hospital of Piacenza, Via Taverna 49, 29100 Piacenza, Italy
J Thromb Haemost 4:1037-41. 2006..The accuracy of clinical prediction rules in the primary care setting may be inadequate, D-dimer testing may not be available, and the cost-effectiveness of urgent ultrasonographic evaluation is uncertain...
- Safety and efficacy of enoxaparin treatment in venous thromboembolic disease during acute leukemiaDavide Imberti
Third Internal Medicine Unit and Medical Oncology and Haematology, Civic Hospital, Piacenza, Italy
Tumori 90:390-3. 2004..The best treatment of this complication is still a matter of debate due to the very high risk of hemorrhage in this group of patients...
- Clinical experience with retrievable vena cava filters: results of a prospective observational multicenter studyD Imberti
Department of Internal Medicine, Ospedale Civile, Piacenza, Italy
J Thromb Haemost 3:1370-5. 2005..Retrievable inferior vena cava (IVC) filters offer the attractive possibility to be definitive or to be removed when they become unnecessary...
- Venous thromboembolism prophylaxis in medical patients: future perspectivesDavide Imberti
Thrombosis Center, Deparment of Internal Medicine, Hospital of Piacenza, Piacenza, Italy
Thromb Res 116:365-75. 2005..Although new evidence represents a significant improvement both in stratification of VTE risk and in decisions about the appropriate type and duration of prophylactic strategies in medical patients, additional data are still needed...
- Retrievable vena cava filters: a reviewDavide Imberti
Thrombosis Center, Emergency Department, Hospital of Piacenza, Piacenza, Italy
Curr Opin Hematol 13:351-6. 2006..To examine the current literature regarding retrievable inferior vena cava filters and to discuss the appropriate indications for their clinical use...
- A survey of thromboprophylaxis management in patients with major traumaDavide Imberti
Department of Internal Medicine, Piacenza Hospital, Piacenza, Italy
Pathophysiol Haemost Thromb 34:249-54. 2005..We tested the hypothesis that there is significant practice variation in thromboprophylaxis management of patients with major trauma among intensive care unit (ICU) specialists...
- The short- and long-term risk of venous thromboembolism in patients with acute spinal cord injury: a prospective cohort studyM Giorgi Pierfranceschi
Emergency Department, Hospital of Piacenza, Via Taverna 49, Piacenza 29121, Italy
Thromb Haemost 109:34-8. 2013..In conclusion, the risk of VTE in patients suffering from SCI is high despite the use of thromboprophylaxis, in particular in some patients categories. However, this risk appears to be limited to the first 3 months after the index event...
- Epidemiology and risk factors of venous thromboembolismWalter Ageno
Department of Clinical Medicine, University of Insubria, Varese, Italy
Semin Thromb Hemost 32:651-8. 2006..The presence or absence of specific risk factors may play an important role in decisions about the type (and duration) of thromboprophylaxis/anticoagulation to be used...
- Extended oral anticoagulant therapy after a first episode of pulmonary embolismGiancarlo Agnelli
Sezione di Medicina Interna e Cardiovascolare, Dipartimento di Medicina Interna, Universita di Perugia, Via Enrico Dal Pozzo, 06123 Perugia, Italy
Ann Intern Med 139:19-25. 2003..The optimal duration of oral anticoagulant treatment after a first episode of pulmonary embolism remains uncertain...
- Prophylaxis and treatment of venous thromboembolism in patients with cancer: an updateMichela Falciani
Department of Critical Care Medicine and Surgery, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Intern Emerg Med 1:273-8. 2006..The presence of a tumour is often associated with thrombotic complications that are more difficult to diagnose, and sometimes make the treatment of VTE less effective and more likely to cause haemorrhages...
- Enoxaparin for the prevention of venous thromboembolism associated with central vein catheter: a double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomized study in cancer patientsMelina Verso
Sezione di Medicina Interna e Cardiovascolare, Dipartimento di Medicina Interna, , Via Enrico Dal Pozzo, 06123 Perugia, Italy
J Clin Oncol 23:4057-62. 2005..The dose of enoxaparin used in this study proved to be safe. Clinical trials evaluating higher enoxaparin doses could optimize the efficacy of this agent for this indication...
- [Prophylaxis and treatment of venous thromboembolism: the role of new antithrombotic drugs]Michela Falciani
Centro Trombosi, Dipartimento di Area Critica Medico Chirurgica, Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria Careggi, Firenze
Recenti Prog Med 96:196-204. 2005..Ximelagatran, the first orally available thrombin inhibitor, represents a promising new anticoagulant drug for the prophylaxis of VTE after major orthopedic surgery and for the treatment of deep vein thrombosis...
- Low-molecular-weight heparins: before or after surgery? New concepts and evidence: Congress report from the Sigma Tau/ROVI Satellite Symposium (Rome, Italy, 13 November 2006)Eduardo Rocha
School of Medicine, Haematology Service, University Clinic of Navarra, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Clin Drug Investig 27:357-66. 2007..This article highlights presentations given during that symposium...
- Factors associated with the timing of diagnosis of venous thromboembolism: results from the MASTER registryWalter Ageno
U O Medicina I, Ospedale di Circolo, University of Insubria, Varese, Italy
Thromb Res 121:751-6. 2008..We aimed to evaluate the timing of diagnosis of deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and pulmonary embolism (PE) in Italian hospitals and to identify individual and clinical predictors of timely or delayed diagnosis...
- Retrievable vena cava filters: clinical experienceFrancesco Dentali
Department of Clinical Medicine, University of Insubria, Varese, Italy
Curr Opin Pulm Med 12:304-9. 2006....
- The MASTER registry on venous thromboembolism: description of the study cohortGiancarlo Agnelli
Division of Internal and Cardiovascular Medicine Stroke Unit, University of Perugia, Via Gerardo Dottori, 06100, Perugia, Italy
Thromb Res 121:605-10. 2008..The aim of this multicenter registry (MASTER) was to prospectively collect data on the epidemiology and long-term clinical outcome of VTE in an unselected cohort of patients...
- A prospective study on cardiovascular events after acute pulmonary embolismCecilia Becattini
Sezione di Medicina Interna e Cardiovascolare, Dipartimento di Medicina Interna, , Via Enrico Dal Pozzo, 06126 Perugia, Italy
Eur Heart J 26:77-83. 2005..Cardiovascular events are the major cause of death in patients with idiopathic pulmonary embolism...
- A survey of thrombosis prophylaxis use in patients with lower limb fracturesWalter Ageno
Thromb Haemost 92:1166-7. 2004
- Serial 2-point ultrasonography plus D-dimer vs whole-leg color-coded Doppler ultrasonography for diagnosing suspected symptomatic deep vein thrombosis: a randomized controlled trialEnrico Bernardi
Department of Emergency and Accident Medicine, Civic Hospital, Conegliano, Italy
JAMA 300:1653-9. 2008..No randomized comparisons are yet available evaluating the relative values of these 2 strategies...
- A commentary: to screen for calf DVT or not to screen? The highly variable practice among Italian centers highlights this important and still unresolved clinical option. Results from the Italian MASTER registryGualtiero Palareti
Thromb Haemost 99:241-4. 2008