- Continuous renal replacement therapies: anticoagulation in the critically ill at high risk of bleedingSanto Morabito
Department of Clinical Sciences, Division of Nephrology, Umberto I Hospital, La Sapienza University, Rome, Italy
J Nephrol 16:566-71. 2003....
- Renal transplant donation from a deceased cardiac graft recipient: a case for marginal donorsIsabella Guzzo
Department of Nephrology and Urology, Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital, Institute for Scientific Research, Rome, Italy
Pediatr Transplant 13:936-9. 2009..Short-term outcome is satisfactory. We suggest that marginal donors could also be considered for donation in pediatric age for selected groups of patients...
- Radiotherapy-induced hyperthyroidism in a cystinotic kidney transplant patient with Hodgkin lymphomaIsabella Guzzo
Department of Nephrology and Urology, Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital, Research Institute IRCCS, Rome, Italy
Pediatr Transplant 15:e56-9. 2011..The thyroid should always be excluded from the irradiation fields. Multidisciplinary interaction in difficult cases should be encouraged...
- Parathyroid hormone levels in long-term renal transplant children and adolescentsIsabella Guzzo
Nephrology and Urology Department, Bambino Gesù Children s Hospital and Research Institute IRCCS, Piazza S Onofrio 4, 00165 Rome, Italy
Pediatr Nephrol 26:2051-7. 2011..In kidney transplanted children, serum iPTH normalized in the long term in the majority of cases. Thus, parathyroidectomy should be reserved for selected patients...
- Post-transplant recurrence of atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome in a patient with thrombomodulin mutationSerena Sinibaldi
Department of Nephrology and Urology, Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital and Research Institute, Rome, Italy
Pediatr Transplant 17:E177-81. 2013..The present report suggests that THBD mutations may favor-relapse of aHUS after renal transplantation. ..
- Residual renal function and nutrition in young patients on chronic hemodialysisIsabella Guzzo
Department of Nephrology and Urology, Dialysis Unit, Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital, Institute for Scientific Research IRCCS, Rome, Italy
Pediatr Nephrol 24:1391-7. 2009..128; p < 0.0001). In conclusion, in children, adolescents and young adults on chronic HD treatment, RRF positively affects nutrition independently of HD efficiency and rhGH treatment...
- Use of rituximab in focal glomerulosclerosis relapses after renal transplantationLuca Dello Strologo
Nephrology and Urology Department, Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital, Institute for Scientific Research, Piazza S Onofrio 4, Rome, Italy
Transplantation 88:417-20. 2009..Plasmapheresis is considered the first option to treat relapses by several authors but is often ineffective. The anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody rituximab has been proposed as a possible treatment...
- Circuit lifespan during continuous renal replacement therapy: children and adults are not equalZaccaria Ricci
Department of Pediatric Cardiology, Bambino Gesu Hospital, Piazza S Onofrio 4 00100, Rome, Italy
Crit Care 12:178. 2008..In paediatric CRRT, epidemiological investigations and prospective trials to investigate practical aspects of extracorporeal therapies are welcome and urgently needed...