- The forkhead-associated domain protein Cep170 interacts with Polo-like kinase 1 and serves as a marker for mature centriolesGiulia Guarguaglini
Department of Cell Biology, Max Planck Institute for Biochemistry, D 82152, Martinsried, Germany
Mol Biol Cell 16:1095-107. 2005..We show that Cep170 labeling can be used to discriminate bona fide centriole overduplication from centriole amplification that results from aborted cell division...
- Importin beta is transported to spindle poles during mitosis and regulates Ran-dependent spindle assembly factors in mammalian cellsMarilena Ciciarello
Institute of Molecular Biology and Pathology, Section of Genetics, CNR Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Via degli Apuli 4, Rome 00185, Italy
J Cell Sci 117:6511-22. 2004..Targeting of TPX2/importin-beta complexes to poles is a key aspect in Ran-dependent control of the mitotic apparatus in mammalian cells...
- Depletion of licensing inhibitor geminin causes centrosome overduplication and mitotic defectsKiku e K Tachibana
Medical Research Council Cancer Cell Unit, Hutchison MRC Research Centre, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 2XZ, UK
EMBO Rep 6:1052-7. 2005..These results show that the consequences of geminin loss exceed its immediate role in DNA replication and extend to promoting chromosome mis-segregation in mitosis...
- A functional interplay between Aurora-A, Plk1 and TPX2 at spindle poles: Plk1 controls centrosomal localization of Aurora-A and TPX2 spindle associationMaria De Luca
Institute of Molecular Biology and Pathology, CNR, University of Rome La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Cell Cycle 5:296-303. 2006..Based on these results therefore a hierarchical functional relation between Plk1 and the Aurora-A/TPX2 pathway emerges...
- Localized RanGTP accumulation promotes microtubule nucleation at kinetochores in somatic mammalian cellsLiliana Torosantucci
IBPM Institute of Molecular Biology and Pathology, National Research Council, c o University of Rome La Sapienza, 00185 Rome, Italy
Mol Biol Cell 19:1873-82. 2008..The complex of RanGTP, the export receptor Crm1, and nuclear export signal-bearing proteins regulates microtubule nucleation at kinetochores...