- Screening for colorectal cancer with FOBT, virtual colonoscopy and optical colonoscopy: study protocol for a randomized controlled trial in the Florence district (SAVE study)Lapo Sali
Radiodiagnostic Section, Department of Clinical Physiopathology, University of Florence, Viale G, Pieraccini 6, 50139 Florence, Italy
Trials 14:74. 2013..We designed a randomized controlled trial to compare participation rate and diagnostic yield of FOBT, CTC with computer-aided diagnosis, and OC as primary tests for population-based screening...
- Cost evaluation in a colorectal cancer screening programme by faecal occult blood test in the District of FlorenceGrazia Grazzini
ISPO Cancer Prevention and Research Institute Florence, Istituto Tumori Toscano, Viale A Volta 171, 50131 Firenze, Italy
J Med Screen 15:175-81. 2008..To evaluate the direct costs of first and repeat colorectal cancer screening by immunochemical faecal occult blood testing (I-FOBT)...
- Immunochemical faecal occult blood test: number of samples and positivity cutoff. What is the best strategy for colorectal cancer screening?G Grazzini
Department of Screening, ISPO Cancer Prevention and Research Institute Florence, Viale Volta 171, Florence, Italy
Br J Cancer 100:259-65. 2009..Different strategies seem to have a greater impact on adenomas rather than on cancer detection rate. The study provides information when deciding screening protocols and to adapt them to local resources...
- Influence of seasonal variations in ambient temperatures on performance of immunochemical faecal occult blood test for colorectal cancer screening: observational study from the Florence districtGrazia Grazzini
Department of Screening, ISPO Cancer Prevention and Research Institute, 50131 Firenze, Italy
Gut 59:1511-5. 2010..The aim of this study was to examine the performance of FOBTs in the Florence screening programme over several seasons to evaluate the impact of variations in ambient temperature on the performance of the screening test...
- What is the best screening strategy to detect advanced colorectal adenomas? Simulation from ongoing Italian screening experiencesLeonardo Ventura
ISPO Cancer Research and Prevention Institute, Florence, Italy
Tumori 97:547-50. 2011....
- Familial risk of colorectal cancer in subjects attending an organised screening programmeGuido Castiglione
Screening Unit, Cancer Prevention and Research Institute ISPO, Florence, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 44:80-3. 2012..First degree relatives of colorectal cancer patients are at increased risk for the same disease...
- Colorectal cancer mortality in two areas of Tuscany with different screening exposuresAdele Seniori Costantini
Environmental and Occupational Epidemiology Unit, ISPO Cancer Prevention and Research Institute, Via di S Salvi 12, 50135 Florence, Italy
J Natl Cancer Inst 100:1818-21. 2008....
- The impact of immunochemical faecal occult blood testing on colorectal cancer incidenceLeonardo Ventura
Cancer Prevention and Research Institute, Florence, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 46:82-6. 2014..The aim of this study was to compare the risk of developing colorectal cancer for subjects undergoing faecal immunochemical test with those who did not undergo the test in the same period...
- Direct mailing of faecal occult blood tests for colorectal cancer screening: a randomized population study from Central ItalyPaolo Giorgi Rossi
Laziosanità Agency for Public Health, Lazio Region, Rome
J Med Screen 18:121-7. 2011..Sending faecal occult blood tests (FOBT) by mail has been proposed both as a method to increase participation and a way to reduce staff costs in colorectal cancer screening...
- Italian general practitioners and smoking cessation strategiesAnna Maria Pizzo
Center for Study and Cancer Prevention CSPO, Florence, Italy
Tumori 89:250-4. 2003....