- Incidence of Mediterranean Spotted Fever in Sicilian children: a clinical-epidemiological observational retrospective study from 1987 to 2010Giovanna Vitaliti
Acute and Emergency Paediatric and General Paediatric Operative Unit, Policlinico Vittorio Emanuele Hospital, University of Catania, Italy Electronic address
Int J Infect Dis 31:35-40. 2015..Mediterranean Spotted Fever (MSF) represents one such example, affecting the Mediterranean region, in which household animals can be immune-carriers of infected ticks...
- Evaluation of Helicobacter Pylori eradication in pediatric patients by triple therapy plus lactoferrin and probiotics compared to triple therapy aloneSalvatore Tolone
Department of Pediatrics, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Ital J Pediatr 38:63. 2012..To evaluate whether the addition of a probiotic could improve Helicobacter pylori (H.P.) eradication rates and reduce the side effects of treatment in children...
- Sublingual immunotherapy in preschool children: an updateGiovanna Vitaliti
Pediatric Complex Operative Unit and Pediatric Emergency Care, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria Policlinico Vittorio Emanuele, University of Catania, Catania, Italy
Expert Rev Clin Immunol 9:385-90. 2013..The aim of this review is to focus on studies in preschool children evaluating SLIT safety and efficacy, in order to improve this practice at an earlier age in childhood...
- Mucosal immunity and sublingual immunotherapy in respiratory disordersG Vitaliti
Department of Pediatrics, University of Catania, Italy
J Biol Regul Homeost Agents 26:S85-93. 2012..All these molecules orchestrate the immune response within the regional immune system, recreating a favourite environment for the induction of tolerance operated by SLIT...
- Urticaria and anaphylaxis in a child after inhalation of lentil vapours: a case report and literature reviewGiovanna Vitaliti
O U Bronchopneumology and Cystic Fibrosis, Department of Pediatrics, University of Catania, Catania, Italy
Ital J Pediatr 38:71. 2012..Among legumes, lentils seem to be the most common legume implicated in pediatric allergic reactions in the Mediterranean area and India, and usually they start early in life, below 4 years of age...
- The immunopathogenesis of cow's milk protein allergy (CMPA)Giovanna Vitaliti
Bronchopneumoallergology and Cystic Fibrosis O, U, Departement of Pediatrics, University of Catania, AOU Policlinico OVE, Via Santa Sofia 78, 95123 Catania, Italy
Ital J Pediatr 38:35. 2012..The aim of this review is to describe the immunopathogenetic aspects of CMPA in view of these new discoveries in the immunologic field, considering the immunologic pathway at the basis of both IgE- and not-IgE mediated CMPA...