Carlo B Giorda
- Association of physicians' accuracy in recording with quality of care in cardiovascular medicineCarlo Bruno Giorda
Metabolism and Diabetes Unit, ASL Turin 5 and Chaira Medica Association, Chieri To, Italy
Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil 16:722-8. 2009..This study was devised to describe which data are present in medical records from a large sample of physicians and to investigate the association and the link between completeness in recording and clinical appropriateness...
- Incretin therapies and risk of hospital admission for acute pancreatitis in an unselected population of European patients with type 2 diabetes: a case-control studyCarlo B Giorda
Metabolism and Diabetes Unit, ASL TO5, Regione Piemonte, Chieri, Italy Electronic address
Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol 2:111-5. 2014..We aimed to compare the occurrence of acute pancreatitis in a population of patients with type 2 diabetes who received incretins compared with those who received other antidiabetic treatment...
- Factors associated with a rapid normalization of HbA1c in newly diagnosed type 2 diabetes patients seen in a specialist settingC B Giorda
Metabolism and Diabetes Unit, ASL, Turin, Italy
Acta Diabetol 50:81-7. 2013..Early detection of diabetes, along with human resources and organization, was found to play a crucial role in rapidly attaining good metabolic control...
- The role of the care model in modifying prognosis in diabetesC B Giorda
Metabolism and Diabetes Unit, ASL Torino 5, Chieri To, Italy
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 23:11-6. 2013..The sharing of care pathways between primary care providers and diabetes teams is likely to be the best and most affordable solution in the complex management of this chronic condition...
- The impact of adherence to screening guidelines and of diabetes clinics referral on morbidity and mortality in diabetesCarlo Giorda
Metabolism and Diabetes Unit, ASL TO5, Regione Piemonte, Chieri, Italy
PLoS ONE 7:e33839. 2012..We conclude that management of diabetic patients with a pathway based on both primary and specialist care is associated with a favorable impact on all-cause mortality and CV incidence, provided that guidelines are implemented...
- Ezetimibe + simvastatin versus doubling the dose of simvastatin in high cardiovascular risk diabetics: a multicenter, randomized trial (the LEAD study)Gianluca Bardini
Department of Clinical Pathophysiology, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Cardiovasc Diabetol 9:20. 2010..This was a multicenter, randomized, double-blind, double-dummy study in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM)...
- Secondary prevention of coronary artery disease in high-risk diabetic patientsC Giorda
Metabolism and Diabetes Unit, ASL 8, Regione Piemonte, Via De Maria 1, 10023 Chieri, TO, Italy
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 13:238-43. 2003..To compare guideline implementation and the actual delivery of secondary prevention for coronary artery disease in the cohort of Italian diabetic patients enrolled in the DAI study...
- Recurrence of cardiovascular events in patients with type 2 diabetes: epidemiology and risk factorsCarlo B Giorda
Metabolism and Diabetes Unit, Regione Piemonte, Chieri, Italy
Diabetes Care 31:2154-9. 2008..The purpose of this study was to assess incidence of and risk factors for recurrent cardiovascular disease (CVD) in type 2 diabetes...
- Incidence and risk factors for stroke in type 2 diabetic patients: the DAI studyCarlo Bruno Giorda
Metabolism and Diabetes Unit, ASL 8, Regione Piemonte, Chieri, Italy
Stroke 38:1154-60. 2007..Type 2 diabetes mellitus is a strong predictor of cerebrovascular disease, yet few studies have assessed the incidence of stroke and the role of other risk factors in unselected type 2 diabetes mellitus populations...
- The impact of second-level specialized care on hospitalization in persons with diabetes: a multilevel population-based studyC Giorda
Metabolism and Diabetes Unit ASL 8, Regione Piemonte, Chieri To, Italy
Diabet Med 23:377-83. 2006..We evaluated whether differences in the use of specialized care have an impact on rates of hospitalization for diabetes...
- The impact of diabetes mellitus on healthcare costs in ItalyCarlo B Giorda
Metabolism and Diabetes Unit ASL Turin 5, Chieri, Italy
Expert Rev Pharmacoecon Outcomes Res 11:709-19. 2011..An effective therapy with a good metabolic control can reduce the risk of complications and represents a valid strategy from an economic point of view...
- Predictors of early-stage left ventricular dysfunction in type 2 diabetes: results of DYDA studyCarlo B Giorda
Diabetes and Metabolism Unit, ASL Torino 5, Chieri, Italy
Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil 18:415-23. 2011..The objective of the LVD in Diabetes (DYDA) study was to assess these points in patients without established cardiac disease...