- Therapeutic moisturizers as adjuvant therapy for psoriasis patientsCarlo Gelmetti
Istituto di Scienze Dermatologiche, Fondazione IRCCS Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Mangiagalli e Regina Elena, Milan, Italy
Am J Clin Dermatol 10:7-12. 2009..Moisturizers and emollients should be used in the following cases: minimal psoriasis, napkin psoriasis, psoriasis of the folds, psoriatic skin damaged by previous local treatments, and in pregnancy or women of childbearing age...
- Quality of life of parents living with a child suffering from atopic dermatitis before and after a 3-month treatment with an emollientCarlo Gelmetti
Scienze Dermatologiche, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Fondazione IRCSS Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Milan, Italy
Pediatr Dermatol 29:714-8. 2012..The emollient evaluated improves the course of AD and can improve the QoL of patients and their families...
- Difficult treatment of consumptive hypothyroidism in a child with massive parotid hemangiomaMaria Cristina Vigone
Department of Pediatrics, Vita Salute San Raffaele University, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, Italy
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 25:153-5. 2012..Corticosteroid treatment showed only partial benefit. Introduction of propranolol instead led to normalization of thyroid hormones along with a dramatic involution of the hemangioma...
- Skin manifestations induced by TNF-alpha inhibitors in juvenile idiopathic arthritisIrene Pontikaki
Unit of Pediatric Rheumatology, G Pini Institute, Chair of Rheumatology, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Clin Rev Allergy Immunol 42:131-4. 2012..Cutaneous manifestations could be considered as a paradoxical adverse event of the anti-TNF-alpha treatment not only in rheumatoid arthritis but also in juvenile idiopathic arthritis...
- Infantile digital fibromatosis: a rare tumour of infancy. Report of five casesValentina Girgenti
Department of Anaesthesia, Intensive Care and Dermatological Sciences, University of Milan, Foundation of IRCCS Ca Granda, Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Via Pace 9, Milan, Italy
Australas J Dermatol 53:285-7. 2012..We describe the clinical history of five patients with IDF that were followed in our departments for 5 years...
- Innovative therapeutics in pediatric dermatologyCarlo Gelmetti
Department of Anesthesia, Intensive Care and Dermatologic Sciences, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Milan, Italy
Dermatol Clin 28:619-29. 2010..Engineered tissues with special antimicrobial properties (silver-coated fabrics or engineered silk) are now used to treat eczema and fungal diseases in children. In athlete's foot, the use of 5-finger socks can also be helpful...