Affiliation: G. Gaslini Institute
- Selection of modalities, prescription, and technical issues in children on peritoneal dialysisEnrico Verrina
Dialysis Unit, Nephrology and Dialysis Division, Giannina Gaslini Institute, Largo G Gaslini, 5, 16148, Genoa, Italy
Pediatr Nephrol 24:1453-64. 2009..Owing to advances in the technology of new APD machines, greater programming flexibility, memorized delivery control, and tele-dialysis are currently possible...
- Are current peritoneal dialysis solutions adequate for pediatric use?Enrico Eugenio Verrina
Dialysis Unit, Paediatric Nephrology and Dialysis Department, G Gaslini Children Hospital, Genoa, Italy
Contrib Nephrol 178:16-22. 2012..This review discusses the scientific evidence and potential advantages of PD solutions with an improved biocompatibility profile, with a particular focus on pediatric studies...
- Effect of carnitine supplementation on lipid profile and anemia in children on chronic dialysisEnrico Verrina
Nephrology and Dialysis Unit, G Gaslini Institute, Largo G Gaslini, 5, 16148, Genova, Italy
Pediatr Nephrol 22:727-33. 2007..Prolonged treatment duration may be required to obtain significant results...
- Proteome profile of peritoneal effluents in children on glucose- or icodextrin-based peritoneal dialysisMaurizio Bruschi
Renal Child s Foundation, Genoa, Italy
Nephrol Dial Transplant 26:308-16. 2011..We compared the proteome profile of peritoneal effluents obtained with icodextrin (Ico) or glucose (Glu) in paediatric patients and defined the oxido-redox status of proteins...
- A multicenter experience on patient and technique survival in children on chronic dialysisEnrico Verrina
Nephrology, Dialysis and Transplantation Unit, G Gaslini Institute, Largo G Gaslini 5, 16148 Genoa, Italy
Pediatr Nephrol 19:82-90. 2004..Logistic regression analysis confirmed age at initiation of dialysis to be a predictor of patient death ( P=0.0001) in the whole patient population, and of technique failure in HD ( P=0.006) but not in CPD patients ( P=0.16)...
- Case report of the reliability 1,3-β-D-glucan monitoring during treatment of peritoneal candidiasis in a child receiving continuous peritoneal dialysisFrancesca Ginocchio
Infectious Diseases Unit, G Gaslini Children s Hospital, Genoa, Italy
Clin Vaccine Immunol 19:626-7. 2012..This case report shows the utility of 1,3-β-D-glucan monitoring in management of Candida peritonitis in a child undergoing continuous peritoneal dialysis...
- Laparoscopic-assisted peritoneal dialysis catheter implantation in pediatric patientsGirolamo Mattioli
Department of Paediatric Surgery, Gaslini Children s Hospital and Research Institute, University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
Urology 69:1185-9. 2007..To assess the feasibility and complications of laparoscopic-assisted placement of peritoneal dialysis catheters (PDCs) in pediatric patients...
- Peritoneal T cell responses can be polarized toward Th1 or Th2 in children on chronic peritoneal dialysisSabrina Chiesa
Nephrology Department, G Gaslini Children s Hospital, Genoa, Italy
Artif Organs 28:750-2. 2004..Further studies are needed in order to define whether different T helper activation patterns are associated with a higher risk of peritoneal infection or of peritoneal damage...
- Free amino acids in plasma, red blood cells, polymorphonuclear leukocytes, and muscle in normal and uraemic childrenAlberto Canepa
Department of Nephrology, Istituto G Gaslini, Genova, Italy
Nephrol Dial Transplant 17:413-21. 2002..The aims of this study were to investigate free amino acid (AA) concentrations in plasma, red blood cells (RBC), polymorphonuclear granulocytes (PMN), and muscle, sampled at the same time, in normal and uraemic children...
- Determination of the oxido-redox status of plasma albumin in hemodialysis patientsMaurizio Bruschi
Laboratory on Pathophysiology of Uremia, G Gaslini Children Hospital, Genoa, Italy Renal Child Foundation, Genoa, Italy
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 864:29-37. 2008..LC-ESI-MS/MS was crucial to characterize albumin in conditions of oxidation stress; surrogate techniques can mirror conformational changes induced by oxidation...
- A prospective multicentre study of the nutritional status in children on chronic peritoneal dialysisAlberto Edefonti
Pediatric Renal Unit of Clinica Pediatrica G e D de Marchi, Fondazione Policlinico, Mangiagalli, Regina Elena, Milano, Italy
Nephrol Dial Transplant 21:1946-51. 2006..A younger age at the start of dialysis and a longer duration of treatment are clear risk factors, and counterbalance the long-term viability of CPD in paediatric age...
- Chronic peritoneal dialysis catheters in children: a fifteen-year experience of the Italian Registry of Pediatric Chronic Peritoneal DialysisStefano Rinaldi
Department of Nephrology and Urology, Bambino Gesu Children s Research Hospital, Piazza S Onofrio 4, 00165 Rome, Italy
Perit Dial Int 24:481-6. 2004....
- Peritonitis in children who receive long-term peritoneal dialysis: a prospective evaluation of therapeutic guidelinesBradley A Warady
Pediatric Nephrology, Children s Mercy Hospital, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 18:2172-9. 2007..These data serve as the basis for new evidence-based guidelines. Modification of empiric therapy to include aminoglycosides should be considered...
- Gram-negative peritonitis in children undergoing long-term peritoneal dialysisAleksandra Zurowska
Department of Paediatric and Adolescent Nephrology and Hypertension, Medical University of Gdansk, Poland
Am J Kidney Dis 51:455-62. 2008..The objective of this study is to evaluate the clinical presentation, early and late response to treatment, and identification of factors influencing the outcome of gram-negative peritonitis (GNP) in children...
- Can peritoneal dialysis be used as a long term therapy for end stage renal disease?Michele Giannattasio
Struttura Complessa di Nefrologia e Dialisi, Azienda USL Bari 5 Putignano, Italy
Int Urol Nephrol 35:569-77. 2003....
- Middle molecule and small protein removal in children on peritoneal dialysisGiovanni Montini
Nephrology, Dialysis and Transplant Unit, Pediatric Department, University Hospital, Via Giustiniani 3, 35128 Padua, Italy
Kidney Int 61:1153-9. 2002..The aim of our study was to assess the transport and the removal of substances with molecular weights up to 15 kD and to evaluate the contribution of residual renal function in peritoneal dialysis (PD) children...