- MRI in phyllodes tumor of the breast. Case reportsMelania Costantini
Istituto di Radiologia, Universita Cattolica del S Cuore, Policlinico A Gemelli, Largo A Gemelli 8, 00168 Roma, Italy
Rays 27:313-8. 2002..MRI enabled complete visualization of the tumor even in the region close to the chest wall, as well as clear delineation against the healthy glandular tissue...
- Management of locally advanced breast cancer. Mini-reviewG Franceschini
Breast Surgery Unit, Sacro Cuore Catholic University, Agostino Gemelli Polyclinic, Rome, Italy
Minerva Chir 62:249-55. 2007..In this paper, we discuss the possible options in the management of operable (stage IIIA) and inoperable (stage IIIB-IIIC) LABC...
- Update on oncoplastic breast surgeryG Franceschini
Department of Surgery, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 16:1530-40. 2012....
- Early onset lactating adenoma and the role of breast MRI: a case reportStefano Magno
Department of Surgery, Breast Unit, Catholic University, Policlinico A, Gemelli, Largo Agostino Gemelli, Rome, Italy
J Med Case Reports 3:43. 2009..Also the early onset of the lesion during the first trimester of pregnancy is quite unusual and possibly unique...
- Accessory nipple reconstruction following a central quadrantectomy: a case reportStefano Magno
Department of Surgery, Breast Unit, Catholic University Policlinico A, Gemelli, Largo Agostino Gemelli, 00168 Rome, Italy
Cases J 2:32. 2009..abstract:..
- Phyllodes tumor of the breast: magnetic resonance imaging findings and surgical treatmentGianluca Franceschini
Department of Surgery, Catholic University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Breast J 11:144-5. 2005
- Conservative treatment of a rare case of multifocal adenoid cystic carcinoma of the breast: case report and literature reviewGianluca Franceschini
Department of Surgery, Breast Unit, Catholic University, Rome, Italy
Med Sci Monit 16:CS33-39. 2010..Compared with the more common histological forms of breast cancer, it has a more favorable prognosis and lymph node involvement or distant metastases seldom occur...
- Surgical treatment and MRI in phyllodes tumors of the breast: our experience and review of the literatureGianluca Franceschini
Department of Surgery, A Gemelli Medical School, Rome, Italy
Ann Ital Chir 76:127-40. 2005..To reassess the relationship between magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) findings and surgical resection margins in an attempt to address the issue of appropriate surgical management of phyllodes tumors (PT)...
- [Progresses in the treatment of early breast cancer. A mini-review]Gianluca Franceschini
Unità Operativa di Chirurgia Senologica, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Policlinico Agostino Gemelli, Roma
Ann Ital Chir 79:17-22. 2008..The present work will highlight potential benefits as well as unresolved issues of the above mentioned therapeutic options, with special emphasis on technical aspects of conservative surgery in the treatment of early breast cancers...
- Current controversies in the treatment of ductal carcinoma in situ of the breastGianluca Franceschini
Department of Surgery, Breast Unit, Catholic University of Rome, Policlinico A Gemelli, Italy
Ann Ital Chir 79:151-5. 2008..A mini-review of the management of ductal carcinoma in situ is presented, and the roles and dilemmas of surgery, radiotherapy and endocrine therapy are discussed...
- Update in the treatment of locally advanced breast cancer: a multidisciplinary approachG Franceschini
Breast Unit, Catholic University of Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 11:283-9. 2007..In this paper we discuss the options of management of locally advanced breast cancer, focusing on a multidisciplinary approach through a combined-modality care involving surgery, radiotherapy and systemic therapy...
- Conservative treatment of the central breast cancer with nipple-areolar resection: an alternative oncoplastic techniqueG Franceschini
Catholic University of Rome, Department of Surgery, Breast Unit, Italy
G Chir 29:23-7. 2008....
- Conservative and radical oncoplastic approches in the surgical treatment of breast cancerG Franceschini
Breast Unit, Department of Surgery, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 12:387-96. 2008..In this review we summarise the indications, advantages and limitations of several oncoplastic procedures...
- The role of oxidized regenerate cellulose to prevent cosmetic defects in oncoplastic breast surgeryG Franceschini
Multidisciplinary Breast Center, School of Medicine, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 16:966-71. 2012..However, even with the use of OPP, cosmetic outcomes may result unsatisfying when a large volume of parenchyma has to be removed, particularly in small-medium size breasts...
- Diffusion-weighted imaging in breast cancer: relationship between apparent diffusion coefficient and tumour aggressivenessM Costantini
Department of Bio Sciences and Radiological Imaging, Catholic University, Rome, Italy
Clin Radiol 65:1005-12. 2010..To assess the utility of diffusion-weighted imaging in diagnosing and characterizing breast malignancy...
- Parametric analysis of the strength in the ''Toronto'' osseous-prosthesis systemM Cicciu
Department of Oral Surgery, I C P Dental School University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Minerva Stomatol 58:9-23. 2009..Moreover investigation about implant positions and perspectives in comparison with a virtual medial plane was made to evaluate the incidence of screw and prosthesis breakage...
- Solid breast mass characterisation: use of the sonographic BI-RADS classificationM Costantini
Dipartimento di Bio immagini e Scienze Radiologiche, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Largo A Gemelli 8, Rome, Italy
Radiol Med 112:877-94. 2007..The aim of this study was to assess the reliability of the sonographic Breast Imaging Reporting and Data System (BI-RADS) classification in differentiating benign from malignant breast masses...
- Gastro-intestinal symptoms as clinical manifestation of peritoneal and retroperitoneal spread of an invasive lobular breast cancer: report of a case and review of the literatureG Franceschini
Dept of Surgery, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Rome, Italy
BMC Cancer 6:193. 2006..Distant spread from breast cancer is commonly found in bones, lungs, liver and central nervous system. Metastatic involvement of peritoneum and retroperitoneum is unusual and unexpected...
- Suspected cup syndrome. Diagnostic imaging of a misunderstood breast tumor for its uncommon locationAdolfo Canadè
Istituto di Radiologia, Universita Cattolica del S Cuore, Policlinico A Gemelli, Roma, Italy
Rays 28:379-85. 2003..Breast MRI was performed and an ipsilateral malignant focal lesion was visualized. Chemotherapy was administered but after a disease-free interval leptomeningeal and cerebral metastases appeared...
- Neoadjuvant concurrent chemotherapy and radiotherapy in non-small cell lung cancerSara Ramella
Istituto di Radiologia, Cattedra Radioterapia, Universita Cattolica del S Cuore, Policlinico A Gemelli, Roma, Italy
Rays 29:439-43. 2004....
- Synchronous bilateral Paget's disease of the nipple associated with bilateral breast carcinomaGianluca Franceschini
Department of Surgery, Catholic University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Breast J 11:355-6. 2005
- A giant papillary carcinoma of the breast treated with mastectomy and bipedicled TRAM flapGianluca Franceschini
Department of Surgery, Catholic University of Rome, Policlinico Gemelli, Italy
Ann Ital Chir 77:341-4. 2006..We report an unusual case of giant invasive papillary carcinoma of the breast underwent mastectomy and reconstruction with a bipedicled transverse rectus abdominis myocutaneous (TRAM) flap...
- Characterization of solid breast masses: use of the sonographic breast imaging reporting and data system lexiconMelania Costantini
Department of Bio Imaging, Catholic University, Rome, Italy
J Ultrasound Med 25:649-59; quiz 661. 2006..The purpose of this study was to determine the reliability of sonographic American College of Radiology Breast Imaging Reporting And Data System (BI-RADS) classification in differentiating benign from malignant breast masses...
- Oncoplastic techniques in the conservative surgical treatment of breast cancer: an overviewRiccardo Masetti
Breast Surgery Unit, Catholic University, Rome, Italy
Breast J 12:S174-80. 2006..This article discusses the indications, advantages, and limitations of these techniques and their results in terms of local recurrence and overall survival...
- Conservative treatment with nipple-areolar resection for subareolar breast cancerGianluca Franceschini
Breast J 12:91-2. 2006