Mario Francesco Fraioli
- Spinal giant cell tumor in tuberous sclerosis: case report and review of the literatureMario Francesco Fraioli
University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
J Spinal Cord Med 36:157-60. 2013..Patients affected by tuberous sclerosis (TS) have a greater incidence of tumors than the healthy population. Spinal tumours in TS are reported very rarely and consist mainly of sacrococcygeal and cervical chordomas...
- Transsphenoidal removal of huge pituitary adenomas with marked suprasellar extension: results with modified surgical techniqueMario Francesco Fraioli
Department of Neurosciences, Neurosurgery, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Italy
Clin Neurol Neurosurg 115:450-3. 2013..A modified transsphenoidal technique to remove huge pituitary adenomas with marked suprasellar extension (4.5-8 cm of maximum diameter) is presented...
- Preliminary results of 45 patients with trigeminal neuralgia treated with radiosurgery compared to hypofractionated stereotactic radiotherapy, using a dedicated linear acceleratorMario Francesco Fraioli
Department of Neurosciences, Neurosurgery, Via Oxford 81, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome 00133, Italy
J Clin Neurosci 19:1401-3. 2012..Patients who underwent RS experienced better pain relief and a lower recurrence rate, whereas those who underwent HRST had no side effects, and in particular, no facial numbness...
- Multidisciplinary treatment of giant invasive prolactinomas in paediatric age: long-term follow-up in two childrenMario Francesco Fraioli
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Viale Oxford 81, Rome, Italy
Childs Nerv Syst 26:1233-7. 2010..Giant prolactinomas in childhood are extremely rare. Only single case reports have been described in the literature...
- "Conservative" surgical approach and early postoperative radiotherapy in a patient with a huge cystic craniopharyngiomaMario Francesco Fraioli
Department of Neurosciences, Neurosurgery, Tor Vergata University of Rome, Via Oxford 81, 00133, Rome, Italy
Childs Nerv Syst 22:151-5; discussion 158-63. 2006..Some authors prefer to run the high risks of total removal at primary surgery, while others do not despise subtotal removal in accordance with a multidisciplinary treatment...
- Fibrous dysplasia of the clivus with a second T8 bone lesion: case reportFiliberto Contratti
Neuroscience Department Neurosurgery, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome
Surg Neurol 65:202-5; discussion 205-6. 2006..We also compare our case with data reported in tables that include all cases of clival fibrous dysplasia present in literature...
- Ethmoidal encephalocele associated with cerebrospinal fluid fistula: indications and results of mini-invasive transnasal approachMario Francesco Fraioli
From the Department of Neurosciences, Neurosurgery, University of Rome Tor Vergata and Department of Diagnostic for Imaging, CIRAD Villa Benedetta of Rome, Rome, Italy
J Craniofac Surg 25:551-3. 2014....
- Percutaneous computer tomography-guided technique to close postsurgical cerebrospinal fluid fistulas of the frontal sinusMario Francesco Fraioli
Department of Neurosciences and Neurosurgery, Policlinic of Tor Vergata, University of Rome Tor Vergata, 00133 Rome, Italy
Surg Neurol 64:351-3; discussion 353-4. 2005..The extracerebral techniques to repair cerebrospinal fluid fistulas are often used, especially because they avoid open-air surgical operations...
- Validity of percutaneous controlled radiofrequency thermocoagulation in the treatment of isolated third division trigeminal neuralgiaMario Francesco Fraioli
Department of Neurosciences Neurosurgery, University of Rome Tor Vergata, 00133 Rome, Italy
Surg Neurol 71:180-3. 2009....