M D Paola
Affiliation: Fondazione Santa Lucia
- Tractography of the corpus callosum in Huntington's diseaseOwen Phillips
Clinical and Behavioural Neurology Department, Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico Santa Lucia Foundation, Rome, Italy
PLoS ONE 8:e73280. 2013..Furthermore, disruption of these callosal pathways potentially contributes to the disturbances of motor and cognitive processing that characterize HD...
- The structure of the corpus callosum in obsessive compulsive disorderM Di Paola
IRCCS Santa Lucia Foundation, Laboratory of Clinical and Behavioural Neurology, Via Ardeatina 306, 00179 Rome, Italy Department of Internal Medicine and Public Health, University of L Aquila, Piazzale Salvatore Tommasi 1, 67010 L Aquila Coppito, Italy Electronic address
Eur Psychiatry 28:499-506. 2013..Callosal attributes were related to GM density in cortical areas innervated by the CC, and were also related to performance in cognitive domains impaired in the disorder. The CC may therefore be integrally involved in OCD. ..
- Multimodal MRI analysis of the corpus callosum reveals white matter differences in presymptomatic and early Huntington's diseaseM Di Paola
Laboratory of Clinical and Behavioural Neurology, IRCCS Santa Lucia Foundation, 00179 Rome, Italy
Cereb Cortex 22:2858-66. 2012..While callosal changes seem to proceed in a posterior-to-anterior direction as the diseases progresses, this observation requires validation in future longitudinal investigations...
- What does the corpus callosum tell us about brain changes in the elderly?Margherita Di Paola
Clinical and Behavioral Neurology, IRCCS Santa Lucia Foundation, Via Ardeatina 306, 00179, Rome, Italy
Expert Rev Neurother 11:1557-60. 2011....
- White matter changes in patients with hypoxic amnesiaM Di Paola
Radiology Department, IRCCS Santa Lucia Foundation, Rome, Italy
Neurocase 17:46-56. 2011..We conclude that cerebral hypoxia may alter, together with the hippocampi, the integrity of white matter fibers throughout the memory-limbic system...
- When, where, and how the corpus callosum changes in MCI and AD: a multimodal MRI studyM Di Paola
Laboratory of Clinical and Behavioral Neurology, IRCCS Santa Lucia Foundation, Rome, Italy
Neurology 74:1136-42. 2010..The corpus callosum (CC) has been shown to be susceptible to atrophy in Alzheimer disease (AD) as a correlate of wallerian degeneration or retrogenesis. However, when and where these 2 mechanisms intervene is still unclear...
- In vivo structural neuroanatomy of corpus callosum in Alzheimer's disease and mild cognitive impairment using different MRI techniques: a reviewMargherita Di Paola
Clinical and Behavioural Neurology, IRCCS Santa Lucia Foundation, Rome, Italy
J Alzheimers Dis 20:67-95. 2010..Instead, the myelin breakdown process affects the later-myelinating CC subregion and explains the earlier involvement of the genu in CC atrophy...
- Callosal atrophy in mild cognitive impairment and Alzheimer's disease: different effects in different stagesMargherita Di Paola
IRCCS Santa Lucia Foundation, Via Ardeatina 306, Rome, Italy
Neuroimage 49:141-9. 2010....
- Reduced oxygen due to high-altitude exposure relates to atrophy in motor-function brain areasM Di Paola
Neuroimaging Laboratory, IRCCS Santa Lucia Foundation, Rome, Italy
Eur J Neurol 15:1050-7. 2008..The present study was designed to explore the effects of high-altitude exposure using a quantitative MRI technique, voxel-based morphometry...
- Hippocampal atrophy is the critical brain change in patients with hypoxic amnesiaM Di Paola
Neuroimaging Laboratory, IRCCS Santa Lucia Foundation, Via Ardeatina 306, Rome, Italy
Hippocampus 18:719-28. 2008..Our findings confirm that the hippocampus is very sensitive to damage stemming from anoxia. Patients with hypoxic amnesia may present damage in other brain regions, but only hippocampal atrophy is common in all of them...
- Episodic memory impairment in patients with Alzheimer's disease is correlated with entorhinal cortex atrophy. A voxel-based morphometry studyM Di Paola
IRCCS Fondazione Santa Lucia, Via Ardeatina 306, 00179 Rome, Italy
J Neurol 254:774-81. 2007..Damage to the entorhinal cortex, deafferenting the hippocampus from neocortical inputs, interferes with episodic memory consolidation in AD patients...