Affiliation: Fondazione Santa Lucia
- A role for retinal brain-derived neurotrophic factor in ocular dominance plasticityGeorgia Mandolesi
Scuola Normale Superiore and Via G Moruzzi 1, 56100 Pisa, Italy
Curr Biol 15:2119-24. 2005..Retinal BDNF could also influence OD distribution in normal animals. These results show for the first time that OD plasticity is modulated by BDNF produced in the retina...
- GluRdelta2 expression in the mature cerebellum of hotfoot mice promotes parallel fiber synaptogenesis and axonal competitionGeorgia Mandolesi
EBRI Santa Lucia Foundation IRCCS, Rome, Italy
PLoS ONE 4:e5243. 2009..Collectively, our observations show that GluRdelta2 is an adhesion molecule that induces the formation of PF contacts independently of its cellular localization and promotes heterosynaptic competition in the PC proximal dendritic domain...
- Distribution of the SNAP25 and SNAP23 synaptosomal-associated protein isoforms in rat cerebellar cortexG Mandolesi
EBRI Santa Lucia Foundation IRCCS, Via del Fosso di Fiorano 64, 00143 Rome, Italy
Neuroscience 164:1084-96. 2009..In conclusion, the preferential localization of SNAP25 in specific synaptic boutons suggests a correlation between SNAP25 and the Pr. This evidence supports the hypothesis that SNAP25 has a modulatory role in shaping synaptic responses...
- An orphan ionotropic glutamate receptor: the delta2 subunitG Mandolesi
IRCCS Santa Lucia Foundation, Via del Fosso di Fiorano 64, 00143 Rome, Italy
Neuroscience 158:67-77. 2009....
- Cognitive deficits in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis: neuroinflammation and synaptic degenerationG Mandolesi
Centro Europeo per la Ricerca sul Cervello CERC Fondazione Santa Lucia, Rome, Italy
Neurol Sci 31:S255-9. 2010..Increased glutamate-mediated transmission and loss of GABAergic inputs were observed in EAE. They may thus underlie cognitive dysfunction in this model and in MS...
- Abnormal NMDA receptor function exacerbates experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitisG Grasselli
Fondazione Santa Lucia Centro Europeo per la Ricerca sul Cervello CERC, Universita Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 168:502-17. 2013..A characteristic of EAE is increased glutamate transmission associated with up-regulation of AMPA receptors. However, little is known about the role of NMDA receptors in the synaptic modifications induced by EAE...
- NGF-dependent and tissue-specific transcription of vgf is regulated by a CREB-p300 and bHLH factor interactionGeorgia Mandolesi
Centro Acidi Nucleici CNR, Dipartimento Genetica e Biologia Molecolare, Universita La Sapienza, P le A Moro 5, 00185 Rome, Italy
FEBS Lett 510:50-6. 2002..The interaction, mediated by p300, of different transcription factors may add specificity to the neurotrophin response...