Affiliation: Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri
- Species-specific modulation of the nitric oxide pathway after acute experimentally induced endotoxemiaTiziana Bachetti
Cardiovascular Pathophysiology Research Centre, Foundation Salvatore Maugeri, IRCCS, Gussago, Brescia, Italy
Crit Care Med 31:1509-14. 2003..The aim of this study was to investigate potential differences in modulation of such a pathway in two experimental models of endotoxemia...
- Arginase pathway in human endothelial cells in pathophysiological conditionsTiziana Bachetti
Cardiovascular Pathophysiology Research Centre, Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri IRCCS, Via Pinidolo 23, Gussago Brescia 25064, Italy
J Mol Cell Cardiol 37:515-23. 2004..Although arginase activity is positively modulated by inflammatory molecules, it is insufficient to counteract the overall cell cycling inhibiting effects of inflammation...
- Co-expression and modulation of neuronal and endothelial nitric oxide synthase in human endothelial cellsTiziana Bachetti
Cardiovascular Pathophysiology Research Centre, Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri IRCCS, Via Pinidolo, 23, 25064 Gussago Brescia, Italy
J Mol Cell Cardiol 37:939-45. 2004..In conclusion, a functional neuronal type of NOS is co-expressed with the endothelial NOS type in HUVEC, suggesting a possible role for nNOS in regulation of blood flow...
- Effects of endotoxic shock on neuronal NOS and calcium transients in rat cardiac myocytesLaura Comini
Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri IRCCS, Center of Cardiovascular Pathophysiology, Via Pinidolo 23, 25064 Gussago, Brescia, Italy
Pharmacol Res 51:409-17. 2005..The effects of endotoxic shock on transcriptional and translational pattern of nitric oxide synthase isoforms (NOSs) and cytoplasmic calcium were investigated...
- Acute haemodynamic effects of IL-6 treatment in vivo: involvement of vagus nerve in NO-mediated negative inotropismLaura Comini
Cardiovascular Research Centre, Salvatore Maugeri Foundation, IRCCS, Via Pinidolo, 23, 25064 Gussago, Brescia, Italy
Cytokine 30:236-42. 2005..05). We conclude that acute administration of IL-6 caused transient but significant cardiac negative inotropism. IL-6 haemodynamic effects are partly due to NO synthesised by nNOS located in vagal left ventricular ganglia...
- A model of insulin resistance and nonalcoholic steatohepatitis in rats: role of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha and n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid treatment on liver injuryGianluca Svegliati-Baroni
Department of Gastroenterology, Institute of Biochemistry, Polytechnic University of Marche, Ancona, Italy
Am J Pathol 169:846-60. 2006....
- A common haplotype at the 5' end of the RET proto-oncogene, overrepresented in Hirschsprung patients, is associated with reduced gene expressionPaola Griseri
Laboratorio di Genetica Molecolare, Istituto G Gaslini, Genova, Italy
Hum Mutat 25:189-95. 2005....
- Ischaemia-reperfusion injury activates matrix metalloproteinases in the human heartManoj M Lalu
Department of Pharmacology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Eur Heart J 26:27-35. 2005..This is the first correlation of MMP myocardial activity with cardiac function in humans. The early increase in MMP activity produces a proteolytic environment that may contribute to myocardial stunning injury in humans...
- An in vitro approach to test the possible role of candidate factors in the transcriptional regulation of the RET proto-oncogeneTiziana Bachetti
Laboratorio di Genetica Molecolare, Istituto G Gaslini, 16148 Genova, Italy
Gene Expr 12:137-49. 2005..A sequence responsible of the PHOX2A-dependent activation has been identified, while PHOX2B seems to act indirectly, as no physical binding has been demonstrated on c-RET promoter...
- Brainstem anomalies in two patients affected by congenital central hypoventilation syndromeTiziana Bachetti
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, Giannina Gaslini Institute, Genoa, Italy
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 174:706-9. 2006....
- Mild functional effects of a novel GFAP mutant allele identified in a familial case of adult-onset Alexander diseaseTiziana Bachetti
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, G Gaslini Institute, Genoa, Italy
Eur J Hum Genet 16:462-70. 2008..R239C mutant only a partial rescue effect could be achieved...