Affiliation: Federico II University
- Safety of ethanolic kava extract: Results of a study of chronic toxicity in ratsL Sorrentino
Department of Experimental Pharmacology, University Frederico II, via D Montesano 49, I 80131 Napoli, Italy
Phytomedicine 13:542-9. 2006..The aim of this study was to test chronic toxicity in rats by oral application of an ethanolic kava full extract...
- Indomethacin and thromboxane A2/prostaglandin H2 antagonist SQ29,548 impair in vitro contractions of aortic rings of ex vivo-treated lipopolysaccharide ratsG Cirino
Department of Experimental Pharmacology, University of Naples Federico II, Italy
J Lipid Mediat Cell Signal 13:177-87. 1996....
- Effect of spironolactone and its metabolites on contractile property of isolated rat aorta ringsR Sorrentino
Department of Experimental Pharmacology, Naples, Italy
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 36:230-5. 2000..Because both phenylephrine- and KCl-induced contractions imply an intracellular Ca2+ influx, we suggest that these drugs could act through an inhibition of voltage-dependent Ca2+ channels...
- Dexamethasone improves vascular hyporeactivity induced by LPS in vivo by modulating ATP-sensitive potassium channels activityR d'Emmanuele di Villa Bianca
Dipartimento di Farmacologia Sperimentale, Universita degli Studi di Napoli Federico II, via D Montesano, 49 80131 Napoli, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 140:91-6. 2003..This interaction may explain the improvement of vascular reactivity to PE, mediated by DEX, in LPS-treated rats, highlighting a new pharmacological activity to the well-known anti-inflammatory properties of glucocorticoids...
- Pharmacological studies on the sedative and hypnotic effect of Kava kava and Passiflora extracts combinationA Capasso
1st Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Salerno, Italy
Phytomedicine 12:39-45. 2005..Due to a synergism of both extracts, simultaneously administered the pharmacologically registered effect in both in vivo experiments was found to be superior over the sum of the single separately administered extracts...