Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Federico II University
- The role of Otx genes in progenitor domains of ventral midbrainAntonio Simeone
CEINGE Biotecnologie Avanzate and SEMM European School of Molecular Medicine, Via Comunale Margherita 482, 80145 Naples, Italy
Adv Exp Med Biol 651:36-46. 2009..In this context, the regulatory network involving Otx functional interactions with signalling molecules and transcription factors required to promote or prevent the development of mesDA neurons will be analyzed in detail...
- Otx genes in neurogenesis of mesencephalic dopaminergic neuronsAntonio Simeone
CEINGE Biotecnologie Avanzate, SEMM European School of Molecular Medicine, Via Gaetano Salvatore 486, 80145 Naples, Italy
Dev Neurobiol 71:665-79. 2011..In this context, the regulatory network involving Otx functional interactions with signaling molecules and transcription factors required to promote or prevent the development of mesDA neurons will be analyzed in detail...
- The role of otx2 in adult mesencephalic-diencephalic dopaminergic neuronsAntonio Simeone
CEINGE Biotecnologie Avanzate, and SEMM European School of Molecular Medicine, Via Comunale Margherita 482, 80145, Naples, Italy
Mol Neurobiol 43:107-13. 2011..Furthermore, when ectopically expressed in the SNpc, Otx2 suppresses Dat expression and confers efficient neuroprotection to MPTP toxicity by suppressing efficient DA uptake...
- Otx2 controls neuron subtype identity in ventral tegmental area and antagonizes vulnerability to MPTPMichela Di Salvio
CEINGE Biotecnologie Avanzate, Naples, Italy
Nat Neurosci 13:1481-8. 2010..These findings indicate that Otx2 is required to specify neuron subtype identity in VTA and may antagonize vulnerability to the Parkinsonian toxin MPTP...
- Selective inactivation of Otx2 mRNA isoforms reveals isoform-specific requirement for visceral endoderm anteriorization and head morphogenesis and highlights cell diversity in the visceral endodermDario Acampora
CEINGE Biotecnologie Avanzate, 80145 Naples, Italy
Mech Dev 126:882-97. 2009....
- Otx2 expression is restricted to dopaminergic neurons of the ventral tegmental area in the adult brainMichela Di Salvio
CEINGE Biotecnologie Avanzate, A Buzzati Traverso, CNR, Naples, Italy
Int J Dev Biol 54:939-45. 2010..This supports the possibility that Otx2 may act as a post-mitotic selector controlling functional features (e.g. identity and/or survival) of a relevant fraction of VTA neurons in the adult...
- Anterior-posterior graded response to Otx2 controls proliferation and differentiation of dopaminergic progenitors in the ventral mesencephalonDaniela Omodei
CEINGE Biotecnologie Avanzate, Via Comunale Margherita 482, 80145 Naples, Italy
Development 135:3459-70. 2008..Thus, our data provide new insights into the mechanism of mesDA neuron specification and suggest Otx2 as a potential target for cell replacement-based therapeutic approaches in PD...
- Otx2 selectively controls the neurogenesis of specific neuronal subtypes of the ventral tegmental area and compensates En1-dependent neuronal loss and MPTP vulnerabilityLuca Giovanni Di Giovannantonio
CEINGE Biotecnologie Avanzate and SEMM European School of Molecular Medicine Naples site, Via Gaetano Salvatore 486, 80145 Naples, Italy
Dev Biol 373:176-83. 2013..In addition, these data suggest that Otx2 and En1 may share similar properties and control survival and vulnerability to MPTP neurotoxin respectively in VTA and SNpc...
- Otx2 is an intrinsic determinant of the embryonic stem cell state and is required for transition to a stable epiblast stem cell conditionDario Acampora
CEINGE Biotecnologie Avanzate, Via G Salvatore 486, 80145 Naples, Italy
Development 140:43-55. 2013..We propose that Otx2 is a novel intrinsic determinant controlling the functional integrity of ESCs and EpiSCs...
- Expression of the brain transcription factor OTX1 occurs in a subset of normal germinal-center B cells and in aggressive Non-Hodgkin LymphomaDaniela Omodei
Centro di Ingegneria Genetica CEINGE Biotecnologie Avanzate, Naples, Italy
Am J Pathol 175:2609-17. 2009..Furthermore, OTX1 expression in a subset of normal GC B cells carrying plasma cell markers suggests its possible contribution to terminal B-cell differentiation...