Affiliation: Federico II University
- Oral anticoagulation therapy in heart failure patients in sinus rhythm: a systematic review and meta-analysisGiuseppe Rengo
Division of Cardiology, Salvatore Maugeri Foundation, IRCCS Scientific Institute of Telese Terme, Benevento, Italy
PLoS ONE 8:e52952. 2013..Anticoagulation reduces embolic event and death rates in HF patients with atrial fibrillation, but if antithrombotic therapy is beneficial in patients with HF in sinus rhythm is still debated...
- Blockade of β-adrenoceptors restores the GRK2-mediated adrenal α(2) -adrenoceptor-catecholamine production axis in heart failureG Rengo
Cardiology Division, Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri, IRCCS, Telese Terme BN, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 166:2430-40. 2012..Here, we sought to investigate if β-blocker treatment in HF could lower SNS activation by directly altering adrenal GRK2 levels...
- [From bench to bedside: new insights into the treatment of heart failure]Giuseppe Rengo
Dipartimento di Cardiologia, Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri, IRCCS, Telese Terme
G Ital Cardiol (Rome) 13:254-62. 2012..These observations stress the need for the generation of new therapeutic molecules able to target specific signaling pathways which might result in innovative therapies for cardiovascular disease...
- Adrenal GRK2 lowering is an underlying mechanism for the beneficial sympathetic effects of exercise training in heart failureGiuseppe Rengo
Cardiology Division, Salvatore Maugeri Foundation, IRCCS, Via Bagni Vecchi, 1 82037 Telese Terme, Italy
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 298:H2032-8. 2010....
- Instruments for geriatric assessment: new multidimensional assessment approachesFranco Rengo
Salvatore Maugeri Foundation IRCCS Institute of Telese Terme, Benevento, Italy
J Nephrol 25:S73-8. 2012..Interestingly, some of these, such as the Multidimensional Prognostic Index (MPI), proved to play a relevant role in mortality risk stratification even in particular clinical settings such as chronic kidney disease...
- Hypermagnesemia predicts mortality in elderly with congestive heart disease: relationship with laxative and antacid useGraziamaria Corbi
Rehabilitative Cardiology Unit of S Maugeri Foundation, Scientific Institute of Telese Campoli, IRCCS, Telese Terme, Italy
Rejuvenation Res 11:129-38. 2008..The shown relationship between hypermagnesemia and laxative/antacid use should induce physicians to pay more attention to abuse of these drugs...