Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Federico II University
- Oral anticoagulation therapy in heart failure patients in sinus rhythm: a systematic review and meta-analysisGiuseppe Rengo
Division of Cardiology, Salvatore Maugeri Foundation, IRCCS Scientific Institute of Telese Terme, Benevento, Italy
PLoS ONE 8:e52952. 2013..Anticoagulation reduces embolic event and death rates in HF patients with atrial fibrillation, but if antithrombotic therapy is beneficial in patients with HF in sinus rhythm is still debated...
- Blockade of β-adrenoceptors restores the GRK2-mediated adrenal α(2) -adrenoceptor-catecholamine production axis in heart failureG Rengo
Cardiology Division, Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri, IRCCS, Telese Terme BN, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 166:2430-40. 2012..Here, we sought to investigate if β-blocker treatment in HF could lower SNS activation by directly altering adrenal GRK2 levels...
- [From bench to bedside: new insights into the treatment of heart failure]Giuseppe Rengo
Dipartimento di Cardiologia, Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri, IRCCS, Telese Terme
G Ital Cardiol (Rome) 13:254-62. 2012..These observations stress the need for the generation of new therapeutic molecules able to target specific signaling pathways which might result in innovative therapies for cardiovascular disease...
- Adrenal GRK2 lowering is an underlying mechanism for the beneficial sympathetic effects of exercise training in heart failureGiuseppe Rengo
Cardiology Division, Salvatore Maugeri Foundation, IRCCS, Via Bagni Vecchi, 1 82037 Telese Terme, Italy
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 298:H2032-8. 2010....
- Changes of plasma norepinephrine and serum N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide after exercise training predict survival in patients with heart failureGiuseppe Rengo
Division of Cardiology, Salvatore Maugeri Foundation, IRCCS, Scientific Institute of Telese Terme BN, Italy Division of Geriatrics, Department of Translational Medical Sciences, Federico II University of Naples, Italy
Int J Cardiol 171:384-9. 2014..In this study, we evaluate whether changes in plasma Norepinephrine (NE) and serum N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide (NT-proBNP) after exercise training predict cardiac mortality in HF patients...
- Instruments for geriatric assessment: new multidimensional assessment approachesFranco Rengo
Salvatore Maugeri Foundation IRCCS Institute of Telese Terme, Benevento, Italy
J Nephrol 25:S73-8. 2012..Interestingly, some of these, such as the Multidimensional Prognostic Index (MPI), proved to play a relevant role in mortality risk stratification even in particular clinical settings such as chronic kidney disease...
- Reduction of lymphocyte G protein-coupled receptor kinase-2 (GRK2) after exercise training predicts survival in patients with heart failureGiuseppe Rengo
Fondazione S Maugeri, Istituto di Telese, Benevento, Italy
Eur J Prev Cardiol 21:4-11. 2014..In the present study, we evaluated whether lymphocyte GRK2 levels and short-term changes of this kinase after an exercise training programme can predict long-term survival in HF patients...
- β1-adrenergic receptor and sphingosine-1-phosphate receptor 1 (S1PR1) reciprocal downregulation influences cardiac hypertrophic response and progression to heart failure: protective role of S1PR1 cardiac gene therapyAlessandro Cannavo
Division of Geriatrics, Department of Translational Medical Sciences A C, G R, D L, G P, N F, D L, Department of Pediatrics and European Laboratory for the Investigation of Food Induced Diseases M V B, and Division of Cardiology, Department of Advanced Biomedical Sciences M C D A, R P, E D P, P C, B T, A R, Federico II University, Naples, Italy Center of Translational Medicine, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA A C, J E R, W J K Division of Cardiology, Salvatore Maugeri Foundation, IRCCS, Scientific Institute of Telese Terme BN, Italy G R, C Z, N F and the Institute of Cardiovascular and Medical Sciences, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, United Kingdom T M P
Circulation 128:1612-22. 2013....
- Prothymosin alpha protects cardiomyocytes against ischemia-induced apoptosis via preservation of Akt activationAlessandro Cannavo
Division of Cardiology, Department of Advanced Biomedical Sciences, Federico II University of Naples, Via Pansini, 5, 80131, Naples, Italy
Apoptosis 18:1252-61. 2013..The present study provides for the first time the demonstration that PTα offers cardioprotection against ischemic injury by an Akt-dependent mechanism. ..
- Hypermagnesemia predicts mortality in elderly with congestive heart disease: relationship with laxative and antacid useGraziamaria Corbi
Rehabilitative Cardiology Unit of S Maugeri Foundation, Scientific Institute of Telese Campoli, IRCCS, Telese Terme, Italy
Rejuvenation Res 11:129-38. 2008..The shown relationship between hypermagnesemia and laxative/antacid use should induce physicians to pay more attention to abuse of these drugs...
- Determinants of left ventricular hypertrophy in patients with recent diagnosis of essential hypertensionFrancesco Buono
aDipartimento di Scienze Mediche Traslazionalie, Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri, IRCCS, Istituto Scientifico di Telese Terme bDipartimento Scienze Biomediche Avanzate, Universita Federico II, Napoli, Italy
J Hypertens 32:166-73. 2014..Development of left ventricular hypertrophy (LVH) is a multifactorial phenomenon. We retrospectively assessed the risk factors for LVH in patients with recent diagnosis of essential hypertension...