Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Federico II University
- Quarto N. Molecular cloning and expression study of Xenopus latent TGF-beta binding protein-1 (LTBP-1). Gene. 2002;290:53-61 pubmed..These findings suggest an important role for XLTBP-1 in embryo axis formation. ..
- Quarto N, Fong K, Longaker M. Gene profiling of cells expressing different FGF-2 forms. Gene. 2005;356:49-68 pubmed..These results demonstrated that HMWFGF-2 and LMWFGF-2 target the expression of different genes. Particularly, our data suggest that HMWFGF-2 forms may function as inducers of growth inhibition and tumor suppression activities. ..
- Menon S, Shailendra S, Renda A, Longaker M, Quarto N. An Overview of Direct Somatic Reprogramming: The Ins and Outs of iPSCs. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed publisher..Here, we review the recent advances in somatic reprogramming and the challenges that must be overcome to move this strategy closer to clinical application. ..
- Quarto N, Longaker M. Differential expression of specific FGF ligands and receptor isoforms during osteogenic differentiation of mouse Adipose-derived Stem Cells (mASCs) recapitulates the in vivo osteogenic pattern. Gene. 2008;424:130-40 pubmed publisher..Indeed, this observation further validates ASCs as a suitable resource for skeletal tissue engineering. ..
- Quarto N, Pizzo E, D Alessio G. Temporal and spatial expression of RNases from zebrafish (Danio rerio). Gene. 2008;427:32-41 pubmed publisher..Indeed, taking advantage of zebrafish as an excellent viable model to study gene function, this study opens the way to an investigation of the in vivo role(s) of ZF-RNase-1 during embryonic development, as well as, during organogenesis. ..
- Quarto N, Wan D, Kwan M, Panetta N, Li S, Longaker M. Origin matters: differences in embryonic tissue origin and Wnt signaling determine the osteogenic potential and healing capacity of frontal and parietal calvarial bones. J Bone Miner Res. 2010;25:1680-94 pubmed publisher....
- Quarto N, Longaker M. The zebrafish (Danio rerio): a model system for cranial suture patterning. Cells Tissues Organs. 2005;181:109-18 pubmed..Indeed, the zebrafish represents a versatile and valuable model system for the study of the biogenesis of cranial sutures...
- Quarto N, Behr B, Li S, Longaker M. Differential FGF ligands and FGF receptors expression pattern in frontal and parietal calvarial bones. Cells Tissues Organs. 2009;190:158-69 pubmed publisher..Frontal bone also elaborated higher levels of Fgf receptor 1, 2 and 3 transcripts versus parietal bone. Taken together, these data suggest that the frontal bone is a domain with higher FGF-signaling competence than parietal bone...