- Costs, quality of life, treatment satisfaction and compliance in patients with beta-thalassemia major undergoing iron chelation therapy: the ITHACA studyLuciana Scalone
CIRFF Centre of Pharmacoeconomics, University of Naples Federico II, Naples, Italy CHARTA Foundation member of COPERA, Milan, Italy
Curr Med Res Opin 24:1905-17. 2008..The purpose was to estimate the societal burden attributable to beta-TM in terms of direct and indirect costs, health-related quality-of-life (HRQoL), satisfaction and compliance with ICT in patients undergoing transfusions and ICT...
- Amlodipine: a pharmacoeconomic reviewSimona De Portu
CIRFF Center of Pharmacoeconomics, Federico II University of Naples, Naples, Italy
J Med Econ 12:60-8. 2009..To review the pharmacoeconomic impact of the use of amlodipine in coronary artery disease (CAD) patients...
- Detection and awareness of moderate to advanced CKD by primary care practitioners: a cross-sectional study from ItalyRoberto Minutolo
Department of Nephrology, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Am J Kidney Dis 52:444-53. 2008..Although general practitioners (GPs) represent the first line for identification of these high-risk patients, their diagnostic approach to CKD is ill defined...
- Cost of care and quality of life for patients with hemophilia complicated by inhibitors: the COCIS Study GroupAlessandro Gringeri
Angelo Bianchi Bonomi Hemphilia and Thrombosis Center, University of Milan, Italy
Blood 102:2358-63. 2003..This study shows that hemophilia complicated by inhibitors, a prototype of rare disease, requires high amounts of resources for management that provides a satisfactory quality of life...
- Patterns of persistence with antihypertensive medications in newly diagnosed hypertensive patients in Italy: a retrospective cohort study in primary careGiampiero Mazzaglia
Health Search, Italian College of General Practitioners, Florence
J Hypertens 23:2093-100. 2005..To describe patterns of persistence and related primary care costs associated with first antihypertensive treatment...