Affiliation: Federico II University
- Spindle cell neuroendocrine carcinoma of the lung: report of a case with fine needle aspiration cytology and differential diagnostic considerationsFranco Fulciniti
Cytopathology Service, Department of Pathology Fondazione G Pascale National Tumor Institute, Naples, Italy
Acta Cytol 51:227-30. 2007..Spindle cell neuroendocrine carcinomas of the lung may be frequently observed on fine needle cytology (FNC) samples and often pose stimulating differential diagnostic problems...
- Metaplastic breast carcinoma on fine-needle cytology samples: a report of three casesFranco Fulciniti
Dipartimento di Scienze Biomorfologiche e Funzionali, Sezione di Citopatologia, Naples, Italy
Diagn Cytopathol 33:205-9. 2005..It is the Authors' feeling that, with optimal samples, the cytomorphological findings of this rare variant of breast carcinoma permit its accurate pre-operative diagnosis...
- Fine needle cytology of endometriosis: experience with 10 casesFranco Fulciniti
Cytopathology Service, Department of Pathology, University Federico II, Naples, Italy
Acta Cytol 49:495-9. 2005....
- Massive infarction of papillary carcinoma of the kidney after fine needle aspiration biopsy: report of a case with cytohistologic correlationFranco Fulciniti
Section of Cytodiagnostics, Istituto Nazionale Tumori Fondazione Pascale, Naples, Italy
Acta Cytol 50:563-6. 2006..Papillary carcinomas are rare malignant tumors of the kidney that sometimes are diagnosed preoperatively from their characteristic computed tomography appearance...
- Fine-needle cytology and flow cytometry immunophenotyping and subclassification of non-Hodgkin lymphoma: a critical review of 307 cases with technical suggestionsPio Zeppa
Dipartimento di Anatomia Patologica e Citopatologia, Facolta di Medicina e Chirurgia, Universita di Napoli Federico II, Naples, Italy
Cancer 102:55-65. 2004..The authors present a critical review of 307 lymph nodal and extra lymph nodal lymphoproliferative disorders that were diagnosed with FNC and FC...
- Fine-needle cytology of Kaposi's sarcoma in an intramammary lymphnode: report of one caseFranco Fulciniti
S S D di Citopatologia, A F di Anatomia Patologica e Citopatologia, Istituto Nazionale Tumori Fondazione G Pascale, Naples, Italy
Diagn Cytopathol 40:E149-52. 2012..The appearance of a well-defined 23 × 20 mm(2) breast nodule during chemotherapy elicited fine-needle cytology to exclude breast carcinoma. Surgical excision confirmed the cytopathological diagnosis of Kaposis's sarcoma...
- Spontaneous infarction of pleomorphic adenoma: report of a case simulating malignancy on fine-needle cytology sampleFranco Fulciniti
SSD di Citopatologia, AF di Anatomia Patologica, Istituto Nazionale Tumori Fondazione G Pascale, Naples, Italy
Diagn Cytopathol 38:430-4. 2010..The differential diagnostic problems encountered in this case are discussed together to the possible medical-legal implications originating from such striking atypias as to closely simulate malignancy...
- Fine needle aspiration of metastatic epithelioid angiosarcoma: a report of 2 casesFranco Fulciniti
Cytopathology Service, Section of Pathology, Department of Surgery, National Cancer Center, Fondazione G Pascale, Naples
Acta Cytol 52:612-8. 2008....
- Fine-needle cytology of metastatic endometrioid neoplasms: experience with eight casesFranco Fulciniti
Cytopathology Service, Department of Pathology, National Cancer Institute, Naples, Italy
Diagn Cytopathol 37:347-52. 2009....
- Axial chordoma and parachordoma (soft tissue chordoma): two of a kind: report of two cases with primary diagnosis on fine-needle cytology samplesFranco Fulciniti
S S D di Citopatologia, A F di Anatomia Patologica, Istituto Nazionale Tumori Fondazione G Pascale, Naples, Italy
Diagn Cytopathol 39:475-81. 2011..The deep similarity between these neoplasms indicates that the only pathological differences in the described cases probably reside in their different anatomical location and, perhaps, in different cytogenetic changes...
- Air-dried smears for optimal diagnostic immunocytochemistryFranco Fulciniti
Cytopathology Service, Department of Pathology, National Cancer Institute, Naples, Italy
Acta Cytol 52:178-86. 2008..To exploit formalin-postfixed, air-dried smears for diagnostic immunocytochemistry (ICC)...
- Canine mastocytoma: report of 8 cases diagnosed by fine needle cytology and clinicopathologic correlationsFranco Fulciniti
Section of Cytodiagnosis, National Tumor Institute Fondazione G Pascale, Naples, Italy
Acta Cytol 51:616-20. 2007....
- Surgical impact of preoperative breast MRI in women below 40 years of ageAntonella Petrillo
Struttura Complessa di Radiodiagnostica 1, Dipartimento di Diagnostica per Immagini, Terapia Radiante e Metabolica, Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori, IRCCS Fondazione Giovanni Pascale, Naples, Italy
Breast Cancer Res Treat 140:527-33. 2013..A low probability of inappropriate imaging-based decision-making for mastectomy exists for both CI alone and for CI + MRI, making presurgical needle biopsy mandatory for findings that suggest a need for mastectomy. ..
- Induction chemotherapy with docetaxel, cisplatin and capecitabine, followed by combined cetuximab and radiotherapy in patients with locally advanced inoperable squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck: a phase I-II studyFrancesco Perri
Head and Neck Medical Oncology Unit, National Tumor Institute of Naples, Naples, Italy
Oncology 84:251-4. 2013..Our study did not contribute toward addressing this issue since it was discontinued early because of toxicity...
- Axillary node metastasis from differentiated thyroid carcinoma with Hürthle and signet ring cell differentiation. A case of disseminated thyroid cancer with peculiar histologic findingsMaria Grazia Chiofalo
Thyroid and Parathyroid Surgery Unit, Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori, Fondazione G Pascale, Naples, Italy
BMC Cancer 12:55. 2012..Axillary lymph node metastasis generally arises in the context of disseminated disease and carries an ominous prognosis...
- Fine needle aspiration cytolog of perineal alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma: cytohistopathologic and immunocytochemical correlationsFranco Fulciniti
Department of Pathology, National Cancer Institute of Naples G Pascale Foundation, Naples, Italy
Acta Cytol 51:385-9. 2007....
- Hyalinizing clear cell carcinoma of the parotid gland: report of a recurrent case with aggressive cytomorphology and behavior diagnosed on fine-needle cytology sampleFranco Fulciniti
S S D di Citopatologia, S C di Anatomia Patologica e Citopatologia, Naples, Italy
Diagn Cytopathol 42:63-8. 2014..The cytomorphologic features and the differential diagnosis of this aggressive variant of HCCC are briefly discussed...
- Increased HOX C13 expression in metastatic melanoma progressionMonica Cantile
Pathology Unit, Istituto Nazionale Tumori Fondazione G, Pascale, Via Mariano Semmola, 80131, Naples, Italy
J Transl Med 10:91. 2012..Among these, Hox C13 is also involved in the expression control of the human keratin genes hHa5 and hHa2, and recently it was identified as a member of human DNA replication complexes...
- Galectin-3-expression analysis in the surgical selection of follicular thyroid nodules with indeterminate fine-needle aspiration cytology: a prospective multicentre studyArmando Bartolazzi
Department of Pathology, St Andrea University Hospital, Rome, Italy
Lancet Oncol 9:543-9. 2008..We aimed to assess the diagnostic effect of galectin-3 expression analysis in distinguishing preoperatively benign from malignant follicular thyroid nodules when FNA findings were indeterminate...
- Lymphnode localization of extramedullary myeloid cell tumor in myelodysplastic syndrome: report of one case diagnosed by fine-needle cytologyFranco Fulciniti
Dipartimento di Scienze Biomorfologiche e Funzionali, Sezione di Anatomia Patologica e Citopatologia, Universita degli Studi di Napoli Federico II, Naples, Italy
Diagn Cytopathol 28:136-9. 2003..Furthermore, the extramedullary myeloid tumor in this case did not significantly affect the response to the chemotherapy of RAEB-t...
- Combined fine needle cytology and flow cytometry immunophenotyping for diagnosis of lymphoid disordersGiovanni D'Arena
Leuk Lymphoma 49:1212-3. 2008
- Postradiation mesothelioma: diagnosis on fine needle cytology sampleFranco Fulciniti
Pathology Unit, Istituto Nazionale Tumori, IRRCS, Via Mariano Semmola, Napoli, Italy
Br J Haematol 135:279. 2006
- Fine-needle aspiration biopsy and flow cytometry immunophenotyping of lymphoid and myeloproliferative disorders of the spleenPio Zeppa
Dipartimento di Anatomia Patologica e Citopatologia, Facolta di Medicina e Chirurgia, Universita di Napoli Federico II, Napoli, Italy
Cancer 99:118-27. 2003..Flow cytometry (FC) is a useful adjunct to fine-needle aspiration biopsy (FNAB) in the evaluation of lymphoproliferative disorders. The application of FC to FNAB of the spleen (sFNAB) is reported...