Affiliation: Federico II University
- Massive infarction of papillary carcinoma of the kidney after fine needle aspiration biopsy: report of a case with cytohistologic correlationFranco Fulciniti
Section of Cytodiagnostics, Istituto Nazionale Tumori Fondazione Pascale, Naples, Italy
Acta Cytol 50:563-6. 2006..Papillary carcinomas are rare malignant tumors of the kidney that sometimes are diagnosed preoperatively from their characteristic computed tomography appearance...
- Metaplastic breast carcinoma on fine-needle cytology samples: a report of three casesFranco Fulciniti
Dipartimento di Scienze Biomorfologiche e Funzionali, Sezione di Citopatologia, Naples, Italy
Diagn Cytopathol 33:205-9. 2005..It is the Authors' feeling that, with optimal samples, the cytomorphological findings of this rare variant of breast carcinoma permit its accurate pre-operative diagnosis...
- Fine needle cytology of endometriosis: experience with 10 casesFranco Fulciniti
Cytopathology Service, Department of Pathology, University Federico II, Naples, Italy
Acta Cytol 49:495-9. 2005....
- Spindle cell neuroendocrine carcinoma of the lung: report of a case with fine needle aspiration cytology and differential diagnostic considerationsFranco Fulciniti
Cytopathology Service, Department of Pathology Fondazione G Pascale National Tumor Institute, Naples, Italy
Acta Cytol 51:227-30. 2007..Spindle cell neuroendocrine carcinomas of the lung may be frequently observed on fine needle cytology (FNC) samples and often pose stimulating differential diagnostic problems...
- Fine-needle cytology and flow cytometry immunophenotyping and subclassification of non-Hodgkin lymphoma: a critical review of 307 cases with technical suggestionsPio Zeppa
Dipartimento di Anatomia Patologica e Citopatologia, Facolta di Medicina e Chirurgia, Universita di Napoli Federico II, Naples, Italy
Cancer 102:55-65. 2004..The authors present a critical review of 307 lymph nodal and extra lymph nodal lymphoproliferative disorders that were diagnosed with FNC and FC...
- Fine-needle cytology of Kaposi's sarcoma in an intramammary lymphnode: report of one caseFranco Fulciniti
S S D di Citopatologia, A F di Anatomia Patologica e Citopatologia, Istituto Nazionale Tumori Fondazione G Pascale, Naples, Italy
Diagn Cytopathol 40:E149-52. 2012..The appearance of a well-defined 23 × 20 mm(2) breast nodule during chemotherapy elicited fine-needle cytology to exclude breast carcinoma. Surgical excision confirmed the cytopathological diagnosis of Kaposis's sarcoma...
- Fine needle aspiration of metastatic epithelioid angiosarcoma: a report of 2 casesFranco Fulciniti
Cytopathology Service, Section of Pathology, Department of Surgery, National Cancer Center, Fondazione G Pascale, Naples
Acta Cytol 52:612-8. 2008....
- Spontaneous infarction of pleomorphic adenoma: report of a case simulating malignancy on fine-needle cytology sampleFranco Fulciniti
SSD di Citopatologia, AF di Anatomia Patologica, Istituto Nazionale Tumori Fondazione G Pascale, Naples, Italy
Diagn Cytopathol 38:430-4. 2010..The differential diagnostic problems encountered in this case are discussed together to the possible medical-legal implications originating from such striking atypias as to closely simulate malignancy...
- SPARC/osteonectin is involved in metastatic process to the lung during melanoma progressionGerardo Botti
Pathology Unit, Istituto Nazionale Tumori Fondazione, G Pascale, Via Mariano Semmola, 80131, Naples, Italy
Virchows Arch 465:331-8. 2014..Our data strongly support the hypothesis that SPARC is involved in directing melanoma metastases specifically to the lung, which underpins its potential as prognostic marker and novel target for specific therapy. ..
- Fine-needle cytology of metastatic endometrioid neoplasms: experience with eight casesFranco Fulciniti
Cytopathology Service, Department of Pathology, National Cancer Institute, Naples, Italy
Diagn Cytopathol 37:347-52. 2009....
- Axial chordoma and parachordoma (soft tissue chordoma): two of a kind: report of two cases with primary diagnosis on fine-needle cytology samplesFranco Fulciniti
S S D di Citopatologia, A F di Anatomia Patologica, Istituto Nazionale Tumori Fondazione G Pascale, Naples, Italy
Diagn Cytopathol 39:475-81. 2011..The deep similarity between these neoplasms indicates that the only pathological differences in the described cases probably reside in their different anatomical location and, perhaps, in different cytogenetic changes...
- Air-dried smears for optimal diagnostic immunocytochemistryFranco Fulciniti
Cytopathology Service, Department of Pathology, National Cancer Institute, Naples, Italy
Acta Cytol 52:178-86. 2008..To exploit formalin-postfixed, air-dried smears for diagnostic immunocytochemistry (ICC)...
- Canine mastocytoma: report of 8 cases diagnosed by fine needle cytology and clinicopathologic correlationsFranco Fulciniti
Section of Cytodiagnosis, National Tumor Institute Fondazione G Pascale, Naples, Italy
Acta Cytol 51:616-20. 2007....
- Hyalinizing clear cell carcinoma of the parotid gland: report of a recurrent case with aggressive cytomorphology and behavior diagnosed on fine-needle cytology sampleFranco Fulciniti
S S D di Citopatologia, S C di Anatomia Patologica e Citopatologia, Naples, Italy
Diagn Cytopathol 42:63-8. 2014..The cytomorphologic features and the differential diagnosis of this aggressive variant of HCCC are briefly discussed...
- Surgical impact of preoperative breast MRI in women below 40 years of ageAntonella Petrillo
Struttura Complessa di Radiodiagnostica 1, Dipartimento di Diagnostica per Immagini, Terapia Radiante e Metabolica, Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori, IRCCS Fondazione Giovanni Pascale, Naples, Italy
Breast Cancer Res Treat 140:527-33. 2013..A low probability of inappropriate imaging-based decision-making for mastectomy exists for both CI alone and for CI + MRI, making presurgical needle biopsy mandatory for findings that suggest a need for mastectomy. ..
- Induction chemotherapy with docetaxel, cisplatin and capecitabine, followed by combined cetuximab and radiotherapy in patients with locally advanced inoperable squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck: a phase I-II studyFrancesco Perri
Head and Neck Medical Oncology Unit, National Tumor Institute of Naples, Naples, Italy
Oncology 84:251-4. 2013..Also, to replace cisplatin with cetuximab after induction chemotherapy...
- Axillary node metastasis from differentiated thyroid carcinoma with Hürthle and signet ring cell differentiation. A case of disseminated thyroid cancer with peculiar histologic findingsMaria Grazia Chiofalo
Thyroid and Parathyroid Surgery Unit, Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori, Fondazione G Pascale, Naples, Italy
BMC Cancer 12:55. 2012..Axillary lymph node metastasis generally arises in the context of disseminated disease and carries an ominous prognosis...
- Fine needle aspiration cytolog of perineal alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma: cytohistopathologic and immunocytochemical correlationsFranco Fulciniti
Department of Pathology, National Cancer Institute of Naples G Pascale Foundation, Naples, Italy
Acta Cytol 51:385-9. 2007....
- Increased HOX C13 expression in metastatic melanoma progressionMonica Cantile
Pathology Unit, Istituto Nazionale Tumori Fondazione G, Pascale, Via Mariano Semmola, 80131, Naples, Italy
J Transl Med 10:91. 2012..Among these, Hox C13 is also involved in the expression control of the human keratin genes hHa5 and hHa2, and recently it was identified as a member of human DNA replication complexes...
- Galectin-3-expression analysis in the surgical selection of follicular thyroid nodules with indeterminate fine-needle aspiration cytology: a prospective multicentre studyArmando Bartolazzi
Department of Pathology, St Andrea University Hospital, Rome, Italy
Lancet Oncol 9:543-9. 2008..We aimed to assess the diagnostic effect of galectin-3 expression analysis in distinguishing preoperatively benign from malignant follicular thyroid nodules when FNA findings were indeterminate...
- Lymphnode localization of extramedullary myeloid cell tumor in myelodysplastic syndrome: report of one case diagnosed by fine-needle cytologyFranco Fulciniti
Dipartimento di Scienze Biomorfologiche e Funzionali, Sezione di Anatomia Patologica e Citopatologia, Universita degli Studi di Napoli Federico II, Naples, Italy
Diagn Cytopathol 28:136-9. 2003..Furthermore, the extramedullary myeloid tumor in this case did not significantly affect the response to the chemotherapy of RAEB-t...
- Postradiation mesothelioma: diagnosis on fine needle cytology sampleFranco Fulciniti
Pathology Unit, Istituto Nazionale Tumori, IRRCS, Via Mariano Semmola, Napoli, Italy
Br J Haematol 135:279. 2006
- Combined fine needle cytology and flow cytometry immunophenotyping for diagnosis of lymphoid disordersGiovanni D'Arena
Leuk Lymphoma 49:1212-3. 2008
- Fine-needle aspiration biopsy and flow cytometry immunophenotyping of lymphoid and myeloproliferative disorders of the spleenPio Zeppa
Dipartimento di Anatomia Patologica e Citopatologia, Facolta di Medicina e Chirurgia, Universita di Napoli Federico II, Napoli, Italy
Cancer 99:118-27. 2003..Flow cytometry (FC) is a useful adjunct to fine-needle aspiration biopsy (FNAB) in the evaluation of lymphoproliferative disorders. The application of FC to FNAB of the spleen (sFNAB) is reported...