Affiliation: Federico II University
- Metabolic profile of the bioactive compounds of burdock (Arctium lappa) seeds, roots and leavesRosalia Ferracane
Department of Food Science, Via Universita 100, University of Naples Federico II, Parco Gussone Ed 84, 80055 Portici, Naples, Italy
J Pharm Biomed Anal 51:399-404. 2010....
- Human bioavailability of flavanols and phenolic acids from cocoa-nut creams enriched with free or microencapsulated cocoa polyphenolsPaola Vitaglione
Department of Food Science, University of Naples, Via Universita 100, Parco Gussone Ed 84, Portici 80055, NA, Italy
Br J Nutr 109:1832-43. 2013..Further studies should evaluate whether encapsulated cocoa polyphenols may be a functional prebiotic ingredient...
- Microwave assisted extraction of phenolic compounds from four different spicesMonica Gallo
Department of Food Science, University of Naples Federico II, Naples, Italy
Molecules 15:6365-74. 2010..It can be concluded that microwave-assisted extractions provide significant advantages in terms of extraction efficiency and time savings...
- Effects of different cooking methods on antioxidant profile, antioxidant capacity, and physical characteristics of artichokeRosalia Ferracane
Department of Food Science, University of Napoli Federico II, Parco Gussone, 80055 Portici, Napoli, Italy
J Agric Food Chem 56:8601-8. 2008..These results suggest that some common cooking treatments can be used to enhance the nutritional value of vegetables, increasing bioaccessibility of health-promoting constituents...
- Curcumin bioavailability from enriched bread: the effect of microencapsulated ingredientsPaola Vitaglione
Department of Food Science, University of Naples, Portici NA, Italy
J Agric Food Chem 60:3357-66. 2012..Phenolic acids are the major metabolites of curcuminoids and may contribute to their biological properties...
- In vitro bioaccessibility and gut biotransformation of polyphenols present in the water-insoluble cocoa fractionVincenzo Fogliano
Department of Food Science, University of Naples, Via Universita 100, Portici, Naples, Italy
Mol Nutr Food Res 55:S44-55. 2011....
- Influence of variety and storage on the polyphenol composition of apple fleshAurora Napolitano
Dipartimento di Scienza degli Alimenti, Universita di Napoli Federico II, Parco Gussone, 80055 Portici, Napoli, Italy
J Agric Food Chem 52:6526-31. 2004..The genetic characteristics of the Annurca variety together with the anticipated harvest time and the peculiar postharvest conditions are likely responsible for this increase of the antioxidant activity...
- Simultaneous determination of mycotoxins in biological fluids by LC-MS/MSAlberto Ritieni
Department of Food Science, University of Naples Federico II, Portici, Naples, Italy
Front Biosci (Elite Ed) 2:151-8. 2010..Data confirm that mycotoxins can occur in fetal-maternal biological fluids. However, the incidence and the level of exposure to the investigated mycotoxins do not appear to pose risk for the mother and the fetus...
- Overview of analytical methods for beauvericin and fusaproliferin in food matricesAntonello Santini
Department of Food Science, University of Naples Federico II, Via Universita 100, 80055 Portici Naples, Italy
Anal Bioanal Chem 395:1253-60. 2009..The objective of this review is to summarize reported data and the methods used to extract and quantify beauvericin and fusaproliferin in food matrices...
- Determination of five bisphenols in commercial milk samples by liquid chromatography coupled to fluorescence detectionLucia Grumetto
Dipartimento di Farmacia, Universita di Napoli Federico II, via D Montesano, 49, I 80131 Naples, Italy, Consorzio Interuniversitario INBB, Viale Medaglie d Oro, 305, I 00136 Rome, Italy
J Food Prot 76:1590-6. 2013..9%) followed by bisphenol A (20 samples, 29.4%) and bisphenol B (6 samples, 8.8%). Taking into consideration the limits of detection, no sample contained either bisphenol F diglycidyl ether or bisphenol A diglycidyl ether. ..
- Durum wheat in conventional and organic farming: yield amount and pasta quality in Southern ItalyMassimo Fagnano
Department of Agricultural Engineering and Agronomy, Naples University Federico II, Via Universita 100, 80055 Portici, Naples, Italy
ScientificWorldJournal 2012:973058. 2012..Finally, it has been possible to produce high-quality pasta in Southern Italy from durum wheat grown both in conventional and organic farming...