Affiliation: Federico II University
- Metabolic profile of the bioactive compounds of burdock (Arctium lappa) seeds, roots and leavesRosalia Ferracane
Department of Food Science, Via Universita 100, University of Naples Federico II, Parco Gussone Ed 84, 80055 Portici, Naples, Italy
J Pharm Biomed Anal 51:399-404. 2010....
- Human bioavailability of flavanols and phenolic acids from cocoa-nut creams enriched with free or microencapsulated cocoa polyphenolsPaola Vitaglione
Department of Food Science, University of Naples, Via Universita 100, Parco Gussone Ed 84, Portici 80055, NA, Italy
Br J Nutr 109:1832-43. 2013..Further studies should evaluate whether encapsulated cocoa polyphenols may be a functional prebiotic ingredient...
- Microwave assisted extraction of phenolic compounds from four different spicesMonica Gallo
Department of Food Science, University of Naples Federico II, Naples, Italy
Molecules 15:6365-74. 2010..It can be concluded that microwave-assisted extractions provide significant advantages in terms of extraction efficiency and time savings...
- Effects of different cooking methods on antioxidant profile, antioxidant capacity, and physical characteristics of artichokeRosalia Ferracane
Department of Food Science, University of Napoli Federico II, Parco Gussone, 80055 Portici, Napoli, Italy
J Agric Food Chem 56:8601-8. 2008..These results suggest that some common cooking treatments can be used to enhance the nutritional value of vegetables, increasing bioaccessibility of health-promoting constituents...
- Influence of variety and storage on the polyphenol composition of apple fleshAurora Napolitano
Dipartimento di Scienza degli Alimenti, Universita di Napoli Federico II, Parco Gussone, 80055 Portici, Napoli, Italy
J Agric Food Chem 52:6526-31. 2004..The genetic characteristics of the Annurca variety together with the anticipated harvest time and the peculiar postharvest conditions are likely responsible for this increase of the antioxidant activity...
- Curcumin bioavailability from enriched bread: the effect of microencapsulated ingredientsPaola Vitaglione
Department of Food Science, University of Naples, Portici NA, Italy
J Agric Food Chem 60:3357-66. 2012..Phenolic acids are the major metabolites of curcuminoids and may contribute to their biological properties...
- In vitro bioaccessibility and gut biotransformation of polyphenols present in the water-insoluble cocoa fractionVincenzo Fogliano
Department of Food Science, University of Naples, Via Universita 100, Portici, Naples, Italy
Mol Nutr Food Res 55:S44-55. 2011....
- Oleic acid content of a meal promotes oleoylethanolamide response and reduces subsequent energy intake in humansIlario Mennella
Department of Agricultural and Food Science, University of Naples Federico II, Portici NA, Italy
Food Funct 6:204-10. 2015..For the first time the oleic acid content of a meal was demonstrated to increase the post-prandial response of circulating OEA and to reduce energy intake at subsequent meals in humans. ..
- Whole-grain wheat consumption reduces inflammation in a randomized controlled trial on overweight and obese subjects with unhealthy dietary and lifestyle behaviors: role of polyphenols bound to cereal dietary fiberPaola Vitaglione
From the Department of Agricultural and Food Science, University of Naples Federico II, Portici NA, Italy PV, IM, RF, DE, ALS, and VF the Departments of Clinical Medicine and Surgery AAR and Public Health LS, University of Naples Federico II, Napoli, Italy Institute of Food Science, National Research Council, Avellino, Italy RG Graduate Program in Biophysical Sciences SMG and Department of Ecology and Evolution JAG, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL Institute for Genomics and Systems Biology, Argonne National Laboratory, Lemont, IL SMG and JAG General Mills Bell Institute of Health and Nutrition, Minneapolis, MN SJ Cereal Partners Worldwide S A, Lausanne, Switzerland FT and Centro Diagnostico San Ciro, Portici, Italy MAG
Am J Clin Nutr 101:251-61. 2015..Epidemiology associates whole-grain (WG) consumption with several health benefits. Mounting evidence suggests that WG wheat polyphenols play a role in mechanisms underlying health benefits...
- Simultaneous determination of mycotoxins in biological fluids by LC-MS/MSAlberto Ritieni
Department of Food Science, University of Naples Federico II, Portici, Naples, Italy
Front Biosci (Elite Ed) 2:151-8. 2010..Data confirm that mycotoxins can occur in fetal-maternal biological fluids. However, the incidence and the level of exposure to the investigated mycotoxins do not appear to pose risk for the mother and the fetus...
- Overview of analytical methods for beauvericin and fusaproliferin in food matricesAntonello Santini
Department of Food Science, University of Naples Federico II, Via Universita 100, 80055 Portici Naples, Italy
Anal Bioanal Chem 395:1253-60. 2009..The objective of this review is to summarize reported data and the methods used to extract and quantify beauvericin and fusaproliferin in food matrices...
- An insect peptide engineered into the tomato prosystemin gene is released in transgenic tobacco plants and exerts biological activityClaudia Tortiglione
Department of Soil, Plant and Environment, University of Naples, Via Universita 100, Portici 80055, Italy
Plant Mol Biol 53:891-902. 2003....
- Determination of five bisphenols in commercial milk samples by liquid chromatography coupled to fluorescence detectionLucia Grumetto
Dipartimento di Farmacia, Universita di Napoli Federico II, via D Montesano 49, I 80131 Naples, Italy
J Food Prot 76:1590-6. 2013..9%) followed by bisphenol A (20 samples, 29.4%) and bisphenol B (6 samples, 8.8%). Taking into consideration the limits of detection, no sample contained either bisphenol F diglycidyl ether or bisphenol A diglycidyl ether. ..
- Durum wheat in conventional and organic farming: yield amount and pasta quality in Southern ItalyMassimo Fagnano
Department of Agricultural Engineering and Agronomy, Naples University Federico II, Via Universita 100, 80055 Portici, Naples, Italy
ScientificWorldJournal 2012:973058. 2012..Finally, it has been possible to produce high-quality pasta in Southern Italy from durum wheat grown both in conventional and organic farming...