Maria Rosaria Faraone-Mennella
Affiliation: Federico II University
- Interaction of the ADP-ribosylating enzyme from the hyperthermophilic archaeon S. solfataricus with DNA and ss-oligo deoxy ribonucleotidesMaria Rosaria Faraone-Mennella
Dipartimento di Chimica Biologica, Facolta di Scienze, Universita Federico II, Via Mezzocannone, Napoli, Italy
J Cell Biochem 85:146-57. 2002..The analysed oligodeoxyribonucleotides slightly enhanced enzyme activity with the maximal increase of 50% as compared to the control. No activation was observed with the circular oligomer...
- Poly(ADP-ribosyl)ation of proteins and germ cell development in hyperthyroid rat testesMaria Rosaria Faraone-Mennella
Dipartimento di Biologia Strutturale e Funzionale, Facolta di Scienze MM FF NN, Universita degli Studi di Napoli Federico II, Via Cinthia, 80126, Naples, Italy
Mol Cell Biochem 323:119-29. 2009....
- The (ADP-ribosyl)ation reaction in thermophilic bacteriaMaria Rosaria Faraone-Mennella
Dipartimento di Biologia Strutturale e Funzionale, Facolta di Scienze M F N, Universita Federico II, Via Cynthia, 80126 Napoli, Italy
Res Microbiol 157:531-7. 2006..Several proteins of various molecular masses were found as ADP-ribose acceptors. Reaction product analyses showed mono(ADP-ribose) to be the only synthesized compound...
- Chromatin architecture and functions: the role(s) of poly(ADP-RIBOSE) polymerase and poly(ADPribosyl)ation of nuclear proteinsMaria Rosaria Faraone-Mennella
Department of Structural and Functional Biology, University of Naples Federico II, Italy
Biochem Cell Biol 83:396-404. 2005..The interplay of PARPs with protein factors, and the combinatorial effect of poly(ADPribosyl)ation with other post-translational modifications has shed new light on the potential and versatility of this dynamic reaction...
- Yeast (ADPribosyl)ation: revisiting a controversial questionMaria Rosaria Faraone-Mennella
Dipartimento di Chimica Biologica, Facolta di Scienze M F N, Università FEDERICO II 80134 Napoli, Italy
J Cell Biochem 94:1258-66. 2005..It synthesizes products, that, after digestion with phosphodiesterase, co-migrates mainly with phosphoribosyl adenosine monophosphate after thin layer chromatography on silica gel plate...
- Active poly(ADPribose) metabolism in DNAase- and salt-resistant rat testis chromatin with high transcriptional activity/competenceMaria Rosaria Faraone Mennella
Dipartimento di Chimica Biologica, Facolta di Scienze, Universita Federico II, Via Mezzocannone, 16 80134 Napoli, Italy
J Cell Biochem 89:688-97. 2003..Longest and branched polymers were retained on the top of protein gel, likely bound to automodified poly(ADPribose) polymerase...
- Histone H1-like protein and a testis-specific variant in the reproductive tracts of Octopus vulgarisMaria Rosaria Faraone Mennella
Department of Biological Chemistry, University of Naples, Via Mezzocannone, Naples, Italy
Mol Reprod Dev 63:355-65. 2002..The presence of H1 in the testis and prostate of the reproductive system of Octopus is discussed in light of the fact that there is a similarity between its behavior and that of vertebrates...
- High stability binding of poly(ADPribose) polymerase-like thermozyme from S. solfataricus with circular DNAMaria Rosaria Faraone-Mennella
Dipartimento di Chimica Biologica, Facolta di Scienze, Universita Federico II, Via Mezzocannone, 16, 80134 Napoli, Italy
J Cell Biochem 85:158-66. 2002..The presence of circular DNA was also able to increase by 80% the poly(ADPribose)polymerase-like activity, as compared to 25% activation induced by the linear pCMV-Neo-Bam...
- The ADP-ribosylation of Sulfolobus solfataricus Sso7 modulates protein/DNA interactions in vitroSabrina Castellano
Department of Structural and Functional Biology, Faculty of Sciences MM FF NN, University of Naples Federico II, Complesso Universitario di Monte S Angelo, Napoli, Italy
FEBS Lett 583:1154-8. 2009....
- Vault-poly-ADP-ribose polymerase in the Octopus vulgaris brain: a regulatory factor of actin polymerization dynamicAnna De Maio
Biochemistry, Department of Biology, University of Naples Federico II, 80126, Naples, Italy
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 166:40-7. 2013....
- Detecting clinical activity in systemic lupus erythematosus with an archaeal poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase-like thermozyme: a pivotal studyMaria Rosaria Faraone-Mennella
Department of Structural and Functional Biology, University Federico II, Naples, Italy
Biomarkers 14:381-7. 2009..001). PARPSso seems to be suitable for detecting anti-PARP antibodies and could play a role as a serological marker of disease activity in patients with SLE...