Christina De Castro
Affiliation: Federico II University
- Kenyon J, Speciale I, Hall R, De Castro C. Structure of repeating unit of the capsular polysaccharide from Acinetobacter baumannii D78 and assignment of the K4 gene cluster. Carbohydr Res. 2016;434:12-17 pubmed publisher..The pyruvate acetal addition to galactosamine is formed by Ptr1, a novel pyruvate transferase, encoded at this locus. ..
- Van Etten J, Agarkova I, Dunigan D, Tonetti M, De Castro C, Duncan G. Chloroviruses Have a Sweet Tooth. Viruses. 2017;9: pubmed publisher..This latter process differs from that of all other glycoprotein containing viruses that traditionally use the host endoplasmic reticulum and Golgi machinery to synthesize and transfer the glycans. ..
- De Castro C, Carannante A, Lanzetta R, Nunziata R, Piscopo V, Parrilli M. Elucidation of two O-chain structures from the lipopolysaccharide fraction of Agrobacterium tumefaciens F/1. Carbohydr Res. 2004;339:2451-5 pubmed..Additional supporting data were obtained by periodate degradation, the major component was cleaved selectively, leading to a glucosamine glycoside, whereas the minor one was recovered unaffected...
- Kenyon J, Notaro A, Hsu L, De Castro C, Hall R. 5,7-Di-N-acetyl-8-epiacinetaminic acid: A new non-2-ulosonic acid found in the K73 capsule produced by an Acinetobacter baumannii isolate from Singapore. Sci Rep. 2017;7:11357 pubmed publisher..This monosaccharide had not previously been detected in a biological sample but had been synthesized chemically. ..
- Kenyon J, Kasimova A, Notaro A, Arbatsky N, Speciale I, Shashkov A, et al. Acinetobacter baumannii K13 and K73 capsular polysaccharides differ only in K-unit side branches of novel non-2-ulosonic acids: di-N-acetylated forms of either acinetaminic acid or 8-epiacinetaminic acid. Carbohydr Res. 2017;452:149-155 pubmed publisher..Glycosyltransferases predicted to catalyse the linkage of d-Galp or d-GalpNAc to l-FucpNAc in the growing K13 and K73 or K12 units, respectively, differ by only two amino acids. ..