Affiliation: Fatebenefratelli e Oftalmico Hospital
- Efficacy and safety of boceprevir plus peginterferon-ribavirin in patients with HCV G1 infection and advanced fibrosis/cirrhosisSavino Bruno
Department of Internal Medicine, A O Fatebenefratelli e Oftalmico, Milan, Italy Electronic address
J Hepatol 58:479-87. 2013..We assessed the safety and efficacy of boceprevir (BOC) plus peginterferon-ribavirin (PR) in patients with HCV-G1 infection and advanced fibrosis/cirrhosis (Metavir F3/F4)...
- Predicting mortality risk in patients with compensated HCV-induced cirrhosis: a long-term prospective studySavino Bruno
Department of Internal Medicine, AO Fatebenefratelli e Oftalmico, Milan, Italy
Am J Gastroenterol 104:1147-58. 2009..The identification of prognostic factors associated with mortality is crucial in any clinical setting...
- Sustained virologic response prevents the development of esophageal varices in compensated, Child-Pugh class A hepatitis C virus-induced cirrhosis. A 12-year prospective follow-up studySavino Bruno
Department of Internal Medicine, A O Fatebenefratelli e Oftalmico, Milan, Italy
Hepatology 51:2069-76. 2010..Therefore, in these patients, endoscopic surveillance can be safely delayed or avoided. Genotype 1b infection and MELD score identify the subset of patients at higher risk of EV development who need tailored endoscopic surveillance...
- The natural course of HCV infection and the need for treatmentSavino Bruno
Department of Internal Medicine, Liver Unit, Azienda Ospedaliera Fatebenefratelli e Oftalmico, Milano, Italy
Ann Hepatol 7:114-9. 2008....
- Hepatitis C virus genotype 1b as a major risk factor associated with hepatocellular carcinoma in patients with cirrhosis: a seventeen-year prospective cohort studySavino Bruno
Liver Unit, Department of Medicine, Azienda Ospedaliera Fatebenefratelli e Oftalmico, Milan, Italy
Hepatology 46:1350-6. 2007..Patients with cirrhosis that are infected with this genotype require more intensive surveillance for the early detection and aggressive management of neoplasia...
- Efficacy and safety of peginterferon alfa-2a (40KD) plus ribavirin in hepatitis C patients with advanced fibrosis and cirrhosisSavino Bruno
AO Fatebenefratelli e Oftalmico, Milan, Italy
Hepatology 51:388-97. 2010..However, irrespective of genotype and degree of fibrosis, the time to become hepatitis C virus (HCV) RNA undetectable was the strongest predictor of SVR...
- Incidence and risk factors for non-alcoholic steatohepatitis: prospective study of 5408 women enrolled in Italian tamoxifen chemoprevention trialSavino Bruno
Liver Unit, Azienda Ospedaliera Fatebenefratelli e Oftalmico, Corso di Porta Nuova 23, 20121 Milan, Italy
BMJ 330:932. 2005..To assess the incidence, cofactors, and excess risk of development of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, including non-alcoholic steatohepatitis, attributable to tamoxifen in women...
- Unusual B cell morphology in inflammatory bowel diseaseCaterina Defendenti
Laboratory Unit, Fatebenefratelli Hospital, Milan, Italy
Pathol Res Pract 208:387-91. 2012....
- Recurrent hepatocellular carcinoma successfully treated with laparoscopic thermal ablationRoberto Santambrogio
UOC di Chirurgia 2, A O San Paolo, Dipartimento di Medicina, Chirurgia ed Odontoiatria, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Via A Di Rudini 8, 20142, Milan, Italy
Surg Endosc 26:1108-15. 2012..Aggressive treatment of intrahepatic recurrence of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) increases patients' survival. This study aimed to evaluate laparoscopic thermal ablation (TA) in the treatment of intrahepatic HCC recurrences...
- Sustained virological response to interferon-alpha is associated with improved outcome in HCV-related cirrhosis: a retrospective studySavino Bruno
Liver Unit, Department of Medicine, AO Fatebenefratelli e Oftalmico, Milan, Italy
Hepatology 45:579-87. 2007..Irrespective of SVR achievement, all patients should continue surveillance because the risk of occurrence of HCC was not entirely avoided...
- Pegylated interferon-alpha2b plus ribavirin: an efficacious and well-tolerated treatment regimen for patients with hepatitis C virus related histologically proven cirrhosisLuigi Roffi
Department of Internal Medicine, Azienda Ospedaliera della Valtellina e della Valchiavenna, Sondrio, Italy
Antivir Ther 13:663-73. 2008..We aimed here to evaluate the safety of this regimen in such patients and to identify baseline and on-treatment predictors of a sustained virological response (SVR)...
- Is response to antiviral treatment influenced by hepatitis B virus genotype?Sara Raimondi
Division of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, European Institute of Oncology, Milan, Italy
J Hepatol 52:441-9. 2010....
- B lymphocyte intestinal homing in inflammatory bowel diseaseCaterina Defendenti
Laboratory Unit, Fatebenefratelli Hospital, Milan, Italy
BMC Immunol 12:71. 2011..The objective is to investigate the localisation of immunoglobulin-producing cells (IPCs) in samples of inflamed intestinal tissue taken from patients with IBD, and their possible relationship with clinical features...
- Recommendations for the management of mixed cryoglobulinemia syndrome in hepatitis C virus-infected patientsMaurizio Pietrogrande
Medicina Interna, Department of Medicine, Surgery and Dentistry, Policlinico San Marco of Zingonia, University of Milan, Italy
Autoimmun Rev 10:444-54. 2011..The objective of this review was to define a core set of recommendations for the treatment of HCV-associated mixed cryoglobulinemia syndrome (MCS) by combining current evidence from clinical trials and expert opinion...
- Peginterferon alfa-2b plus ribavirin for naÃ¯ve patients with genotype 1 chronic hepatitis C: a randomized controlled trialSavino Bruno
Clinica Medica, Ospedale San Paolo and Liver Unit, Ospedale Fatebenefratelli e Oftalmico, Milano, Italy
J Hepatol 41:474-81. 2004..In patients aged less than 50 years with mild fibrosis this schedule achieves a very high rate of SVR...
- [Anti-PR3 positive inflammatory bowel disease. Description of a case]Caterina Defendenti
Laboratorio Analisi, Ospedale Fatebenefratelli, Milano
Recenti Prog Med 100:253-6. 2009..The patient was exposed to two different bacteria: salmonellosis was reported in patient history, while Staphylococcus aureus infection was diagnosed during the present hospital stay. Antibiotics and steroids are effective...
- The use of methotrexate for treatment of inflammatory bowel disease in clinical practiceSimone Saibeni
Azienda Ospedaliera Fatebenefratelli e Oftalmico, Milan, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 44:123-7. 2012..Methotrexate is considered a treatment for Crohn's disease, whilst few data in ulcerative colitis are available...
- Hepatic resection for "BCLC stage A" hepatocellular carcinoma. The prognostic role of alpha-fetoproteinRoberto Santambrogio
UOC di Chirurgia 2 Chirurgia Epato bilio pancreatica e Digestiva, A O San Paolo, Dipartimento di Medicina, Chirurgia ed Odontoiatria, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Milan, Italy
Ann Surg Oncol 19:426-34. 2012..Our aim was to assess the capability of Barcelona Clinic Liver Cancer (BCLC) staging system in allocating stage A patients to hepatic resection (HR) and the effect on survival...
- Liver stiffness, a non-invasive marker of liver disease: a core study group reportFerruccio Bonino
Digestive and Liver Disease Unit, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Antivir Ther 15:69-78. 2010..The group concluded that FibroScan(®) is a valuable, non-invasive technique and have developed a consensus report form for registering transient elastography results. In this article, we report the findings of the study group...
- Increased thrombin generation in inflammatory bowel diseasesSimone Saibeni
Department of Internal Medicine and Hepatology, Azienda Ospedaliera Fatebenefratelli e Oftalmico, Milan, Italy
Thromb Res 125:278-82. 2010..Endogenous thrombin potential (ETP), a parameter of the thrombin generation curve, represents a new tool in the evaluation of thrombotic and bleeding disorders...
- Lack of correlation between serum anti-HBcore detectability and hepatocellular carcinoma in patients with HCV-related cirrhosisTommaso Stroffolini
Department of Gastroenterology, Ospedale San Giacomo, Roma, Italy
Am J Gastroenterol 103:1966-72. 2008....
- Insulin resistance is associated with steatosis in nondiabetic patients with genotype 1 chronic hepatitis CCalogero Cammà
Unità Operativa di Gastroenterologia, University of Palermo, Italy
Hepatology 43:64-71. 2006..IR is a risk factor for moderate/severe steatosis, especially in men. Moderate/severe steatosis has clinical relevance, being associated with advanced fibrosis and hyporesponsiveness to antiviral therapy...
- Sustained response to combination therapy in patients with chronic hepatitis C who failed to respond to interferonSilvia Fargion
Dipartimento di Medicina Interna, Ospedale Maggiore IRCCS, Universita di Milano, Pad Granelli, Via F Sforza 35, 20122 Milan, Italy
J Hepatol 38:499-505. 2003..The best treatment for chronic hepatitis C patients who do not respond to interferon is still unknown. Reported rates of response to treatment vary as the result of heterogeneous definitions of non-responders and small study size...
- A 15-Yr Prospective Histological Follow-Up Study in Patients With Persistently Normal Aminotransferase Levels (PNAL) Carrying HCV InfectionSonia Rossi
Am J Gastroenterol 102:2604-6. 2007
- Natural history of a randomized trial comparing distal spleno-renal shunt with endoscopic sclerotherapy in the prevention of variceal rebleeding: a lesson from the pastRoberto Santambrogio
Unità di Chirurgia Bilio pancreatica, Azienda Ospedaliera San Paolo Università degli Studi di Milano, Italy
World J Gastroenterol 12:6331-8. 2006..To compare endoscopic sclerotherapy (ES) with distal splenorenal shunt (DSRS) in the prevention of recurrent variceal bleeding in cirrhotic patients during a long-term follow-up period...
- Interleukin-10 - 1082 GG polymorphism influences the occurrence and the clinical characteristics of hepatitis C virus infectionMarcello Persico
Cattedra di Medicina Interna, Seconda Universita di Napoli, Italy
J Hepatol 45:779-85. 2006....