Affiliation: European Institute of Oncology
- Brain metastases in patients with advanced breast cancerG Sanna
Department of Oncology, European Institute of Oncology, Milan, Italy
Anticancer Res 27:2865-9. 2007..The incidence of brain metastases (BM) is apparently rising in patients with advanced breast cancer (ABC). We performed a case control study to define current features of breast cancer related to central nervous system (CNS) metastases...
- Breast cancer in Hodgkin's disease and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma survivorsG Sanna
European Institute of Oncology, Medical Oncology, University of Milan Bicocca, Milan, Italy
Ann Oncol 18:288-92. 2007..The primary end points were disease-free survival (DFS) and overall survival (OS)...
- Bisphosphonates and jaw osteonecrosis in patients with advanced breast cancerG Sanna
Department of Medicine, Unit for Medical Care, European Institute of Oncology, Milan, Italy
Ann Oncol 17:1512-6. 2006..In recent years, several cases of mandibular necrosis associated with long-term use of bisphosphonates have been reported. The estimated incidence varies from 1% to 4.6%...
- Optimizing clinical care of patients with metastatic breast cancer: a new oral vinorelbine plus trastuzumab combinationC Catania
Division of Medical Oncology, Unit for Medical Care, Department of Medicine, European Institute of Oncology, Milan, Italy
Ann Oncol 18:1969-75. 2007..In order to further improve quality of life of patients undergoing treatment for ABC, a new regimen using oral vinorelbine (oVNR) (d1 + d3) plus q3wks T was tested (ToVNR)...
- Metronomic low-dose oral cyclophosphamide and methotrexate plus or minus thalidomide in metastatic breast cancer: antitumor activity and biological effectsM Colleoni
Division of Medical Oncology, University of Milan School of Medicine, European Institute of Oncology, Milan, Italy
Ann Oncol 17:232-8. 2006..We previously demonstrated efficacy and impact on serum vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) for metronomic cyclophosphamide (C) and methotrexate (M) in patients with breast cancer. New metronomic schedules were investigated...
- Dose-finding and pharmacokinetic study of an all-oral combination regimen of oral vinorelbine and capecitabine for patients with metastatic breast cancerF Nole
European Institute of Oncology, Milan, Italy
Ann Oncol 17:322-9. 2006....
- Response of bilateral choroidal metastases of breast cancer to therapy with trastuzumabE Munzone
Department of Medicine, Division of Medical Oncology, Day Hospital Unit, European Institute of Oncology, Via Ripamonti 435, 20141 Milan, Italy
Breast 14:380-3. 2005..The susceptibility of ocular metastases to this approach seems different to that of other sanctuary disease sites...
- Are all high-grade breast cancers with no steroid receptor hormone expression alike? The special case of the medullary phenotypeL Orlando
Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Medicine, Division of Pathology and Division of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, European Institute of Oncology, Milan, Italy
Ann Oncol 16:1094-9. 2005..We retrospectively evaluated the clinical relevance of selected immunohistochemical features of tumors in three cohorts of patients with typical medullary (MC), 'atypical' medullary (AMC) or ductal (DC) breast carcinoma...
- Patients with advanced stage breast carcinoma immunoreactive to biotinylated Herceptin are most likely to benefit from trastuzumab-based therapy: an hypothesis-generating studyA Sapino
Dipartimento di Scienze Biomediche e Oncologia Umana, Universita di Torino, Torino, Italy
Ann Oncol 18:1963-8. 2007..We previously showed that BiotHER immunoreactivity is highly correlated with HER2 amplification and indicated that it could be associated with better clinical outcome in advanced breast cancer patients receiving trastuzumab...
- The role of surgery in jaw bone necrosis associated with long-term use of bisphosphonatesG Sanna
Acta Oncol 47:476-8. 2008
- Systemic lupus erythematosus in Europe at the change of the millennium: lessons from the "Euro-Lupus Project"Ricard Cervera
Department of Autoimmune Diseases, Servei de Malalties Autoimmunes, Hospital Clinic, Villarroel 170, 08036 Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Autoimmun Rev 5:180-6. 2006..The "Euro-Lupus Cohort" provides an updated information on the SLE morbidity and mortality characteristics in the present decade as well as defines several clinical and immunological prognostic factors...
- Jaw avascular bone necrosis associated with long-term use of biphosphonatesG Sanna
Ann Oncol 16:1207-8. 2005
- Headache and systemic lupus erythematosusM J Cuadrado
Lupus Research Unit, The Rayne Institute, St Thomas Hospital, London, UK
Lupus 12:943-6. 2003..Other concomitant causes such as infection or hypertension should be excluded before assuming that headache is a feature of SLE activity. Therapeutic approach of headache SLE-related remains empirical and based on clinical experience...
- Central nervous system lupus: a clinical approach to therapyG Sanna
Department of Rheumatology, Homerton University Hospital, London E9 6SR, UK
Lupus 12:935-42. 2003..Anticoagulation is warranted in patients with thrombotic disease, particularly in those with the antiphospholipid syndrome (APS). This article reviews the clinical approach to therapy in patients with CNS lupus...
- Lessons from the "Euro-Lupus Cohort"Ricard Cervera
Department of Autoimmune Diseases, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Ann Med Interne (Paris) 153:530-6. 2002..The "Euro-Lupus Cohort" provides an updated information on the SLE morbidity and mortality characteristics in the present decade as well as defines several clinical and immunological prognostic factors...