James F Reid
Affiliation: European Institute of Oncology
- Predicting prognosis using molecular profiling in estrogen receptor-positive breast cancer treated with tamoxifenSherene Loi
Functional Genomics Unit, Jules Bordet Institute, Brussels, Belgium
BMC Genomics 9:239. 2008..Independent validation was performed using 362 tamoxifen-treated ER+ BC samples obtained from multiple institutions and treated with tamoxifen only in the adjuvant and metastatic settings...
- Limits of predictive models using microarray data for breast cancer clinical treatment outcomeJames F Reid
Department of Experimental Oncology, Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori, Milan, Italy
J Natl Cancer Inst 97:927-30. 2005....
- Challenges in projecting clustering results across gene expression-profiling datasetsLara Lusa
Department of Experimental Oncology, Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori, Milano, Italy
J Natl Cancer Inst 99:1715-23. 2007....
- Patterns and changes in gene expression following neo-adjuvant anti-estrogen treatment in estrogen receptor-positive breast cancerVera Cappelletti
Department of Experimental Oncology, Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori, Via Venezian 1, 20133 Milano, Italy
Endocr Relat Cancer 15:439-49. 2008..Integration between neo-adjuvant therapy and transcriptional profiling has therefore the potential to identify therapeutic targets to be challenged for overcoming treatment resistance...
- Chromosome band 17q21 in breast cancer: significant association between beclin 1 loss and HER2/NEU amplificationTiziana Negri
Experimental Molecular Pathology Unit, Department of Pathology, Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori, Milan, Italy
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 49:901-9. 2010..Our results suggest that, beclin 1 loss may contribute to genome instability and to a defective autophagy that may lead to tumoral cell death in presence of competent apoptosis or senescence pathways...
- Integrative approach for prioritizing cancer genes in sporadic colon cancerJames F Reid
Department of Experimental Oncology, Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori Milano, Italy
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 48:953-62. 2009....
- Identification of tumor-specific molecular signatures in intracranial ependymoma and association with clinical characteristicsPiergiorgio Modena
Unit of Molecular Cytogenetics, Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori, Milano, Italy
J Clin Oncol 24:5223-33. 2006..To delineate clinically relevant molecular signatures of intracranial ependymoma...
- New potential ligand-receptor signaling loops in ovarian cancer identified in multiple gene expression studiesGiancarlo Castellano
Unit of Molecular Therapies, Department of Experimental Oncology, Istituto Nazionale Tumori FIRC di Oncologia Molecolare, Milan, Italy
Cancer Res 66:10709-19. 2006....
- Molecular predictors of response and outcome in ovarian cancerSilvana Canevari
Unit of Molecular Therapies, Department of Experimental Oncology, Istituto Nazionale Tumori, 20133 Milan, Italy
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 60:19-37. 2006..Furthermore, recent technological developments that enable simultaneous measurement of many parameters ("omic" approaches) hold the promise of identifying new molecular prognostic and predictive markers...
- Regulation of lipocalin-2 gene by the cancer chemopreventive retinoid 4-HPRStefano Caramuta
Department of Experimental Oncology, Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Milan, Italy
Int J Cancer 119:1599-606. 2006..Our results indicate that 4-HPR markedly induces LCN2 expression, but this event may not represent an apoptotic response...
- Automated DNA chip annotation tables at IFOM: the importance of synchronisation and cross-referencing of sequence databasesAlessandro Guffanti
FIRC Institute of Molecular Oncology, Milan, Italy
Appl Bioinformatics 2:245-9. 2003..We also report some comparative evidence about the importance of biological database synchronisation and cross-references in the process of generating annotation tables for DNA chips...
- Transcriptional network dynamics in macrophage activationRoland Nilsson
Center for Genomics and Bioinformatics, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Genomics 88:133-42. 2006..We believe that our system approach presented here is applicable to understanding cellular differentiation in higher eukaryotes...
- Complex Loci in human and mouse genomesPär G Engström
Computational Biology Unit, Bergen Center for Computational Science, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
PLoS Genet 2:e47. 2006..Complex loci are ubiquitous, host numerous nonconserved gene structures and lineage-specific exonification events, and may have a cis-regulatory impact on the member genes...
- Gene expression profiling of advanced ovarian cancer: characterization of a molecular signature involving fibroblast growth factor 2Loris De Cecco
Laboratorio Nazionale CIB, Area Science Park, Padriciano 99, 34012 Trieste, Italy
Oncogene 23:8171-83. 2004..These findings raise mechanistic hypotheses on EOC pathogenesis and progression that might provide a rational underpinning for new therapeutic modalities...
- The meaning of it all: web-based resources for large-scale functional annotation and visualization of DNA microarray dataAlessandro Guffanti
IFOM FIRC Institute of Molecular Oncology, Via Adamello 16, 20139 Milano, Italy
Trends Genet 18:589-92. 2002..Here we discuss a selection of these tools with regards to their scope, limitations and ease of use...