D W Pennington
Affiliation: European Commission
- Extrapolating ecotoxicological measures from small data setsDavid W Pennington
Life Cycle Systems Group, GECOS, ENAC, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, CH 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 56:238-50. 2003..The 95th percentile confidence interval on the HC5 estimate given only three chronic test results varies from 5 to 8 x 10(8), depending on the estimation method adopted...
- Life cycle assessment part 2: current impact assessment practiceD W Pennington
Soil and Waste Unit, Institute of Environment and Sustainability, T P 460, Directorate General Joint Research Centre DG JRC, European Commission, Ispra Va, 21020, Italy
Environ Int 30:721-39. 2004....
- Aquatic ecotoxicological indicators in life-cycle assessmentDavid W Pennington
ENAC, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, CH 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
Environ Toxicol Chem 23:1796-807. 2004..This also is relevant in LCA for chemicals that are at low concentrations in the environment, concentrations below the biological thresholds at which more specific modes of action would be of relevance...
- Multimedia fate and human intake modeling: spatial versus nonspatial insights for chemical emissions in Western EuropeDavid W Pennington
Industrial Ecology Life Cycle Systems, Institute of Environmental Science and Technology, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, EPFL GECOS, Section 2, CH 1015 Lausanne EPFL, Switzerland
Environ Sci Technol 39:1119-28. 2005..For assessing an emission source in a specific location, using models that are not spatially resolved can result in underestimation, or overestimation, of the population's intake by at least 3 orders of magnitude for some chemicals...
- Evaluating multimedia/multipathway model intake fraction estimates using POP emission and monitoring dataM Margni
Industrial Ecology and Life Cycle Systems Group, GECOS, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne EPFL, CH 1015 Lausanne EPFL, Switzerland
Environ Pollut 128:263-77. 2004..10(-3) for the USA. Approximately 95% of the intake from Western European emissions occurs within the same region, 5% being transferred out of the region in terms of food contaminants and atmospheric advective transport...
- Life cycle assessment part 1: framework, goal and scope definition, inventory analysis, and applicationsG Rebitzer
Life Cycle Systems Group, GECOS, ENAC, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne EPFL, CH 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland Gerald
Environ Int 30:701-20. 2004....
- Cyclic exchanges and level of coupling between environmental media: intermedia feedback in multimedia fate modelsM Margni
Laboratory of Ecosystem Management, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, CH 1015 Lausanne EPFL, Switzerland
Environ Sci Technol 38:5450-7. 2004..It is one of the important criteria to determine to what extent media can be independently modeled...