Affiliation: European Institute of Oncology
- High intensity focused ultrasound ablation of pancreatic neuroendocrine tumours: report of two casesGianluigi Orgera
Unit of Interventional Radiology, European Institute of Oncology, 20141, Milan, Italy
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 34:419-23. 2011..HIFU is likely to be a valid alternative for symptoms control in patients with pancreatic NETs. However, currently the procedure should be reserved for inoperable patients for whom symptoms cannot be controlled by medical therapy...
- High-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) in patients with solid malignancies: evaluation of feasibility, local tumour response and clinical resultsG Orgera
Interventional Radiology Unit of European Institute of Oncology, Via Ripamonti 435, 20141, Milan, Italy
Radiol Med 116:734-48. 2011..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the safety and efficacy of ultrasound-guided high-intensity focused ultrasound (USgHIFU) for ablation of solid tumours without damaging the surrounding structures...
- Combined therapies for the treatment of technically unresectable liver malignancies: bland embolization and radiofrequency thermal ablation within the same sessionGuido Bonomo
Unit of Interventional Radiology, European Institute of Oncology, Via Ripamonti 435, 2041, Milan, Italy
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 35:1372-9. 2012....
- High-intensity focused ultrasound ablation: effective and safe therapy for solid tumors in difficult locationsFranco Orsi
Interventional Radiology Unit, European Institute of Oncology, 435 Via Ripamonti, 20141 Milan, Italy
AJR Am J Roentgenol 195:W245-52. 2010..The aim of this study was to evaluate the safety and efficacy of ultrasound-guided high-intensity focused ultrasound therapeutic ablation of solid tumors in difficult locations...
- Bland embolization in patients with unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma using precise, tightly size-calibrated, anti-inflammatory microparticles: first clinical experience and one-year follow-upGuido Bonomo
Unit of Interventional Radiology, European Institute of Oncology, Via Ripamonti 435, 2041 Milan, Italy
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 33:552-9. 2010..Local results as well as 1-year clinical outcome after TAE with Embozene microspheres are veryly encouraging, however, further studies, a larger patient population, and a longer follow-up are mandatory to assess the real clinical impact...