Affiliation: European Institute of Oncology
- High intensity focused ultrasound ablation of pancreatic neuroendocrine tumours: report of two casesGianluigi Orgera
Unit of Interventional Radiology, European Institute of Oncology, 20141, Milan, Italy
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 34:419-23. 2011..HIFU is likely to be a valid alternative for symptoms control in patients with pancreatic NETs. However, currently the procedure should be reserved for inoperable patients for whom symptoms cannot be controlled by medical therapy...
- High-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) in patients with solid malignancies: evaluation of feasibility, local tumour response and clinical resultsG Orgera
Interventional Radiology Unit of European Institute of Oncology, Via Ripamonti 435, 20141, Milan, Italy
Radiol Med 116:734-48. 2011..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the safety and efficacy of ultrasound-guided high-intensity focused ultrasound (USgHIFU) for ablation of solid tumours without damaging the surrounding structures...
- Combined therapies for the treatment of technically unresectable liver malignancies: bland embolization and radiofrequency thermal ablation within the same sessionGuido Bonomo
Unit of Interventional Radiology, European Institute of Oncology, Via Ripamonti 435, 2041, Milan, Italy
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 35:1372-9. 2012....
- High-intensity focused ultrasound ablation: effective and safe therapy for solid tumors in difficult locationsFranco Orsi
Interventional Radiology Unit, European Institute of Oncology, 435 Via Ripamonti, 20141 Milan, Italy
AJR Am J Roentgenol 195:W245-52. 2010..The aim of this study was to evaluate the safety and efficacy of ultrasound-guided high-intensity focused ultrasound therapeutic ablation of solid tumors in difficult locations...
- Bland embolization in patients with unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma using precise, tightly size-calibrated, anti-inflammatory microparticles: first clinical experience and one-year follow-upGuido Bonomo
Unit of Interventional Radiology, European Institute of Oncology, Via Ripamonti 435, 2041 Milan, Italy
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 33:552-9. 2010..Local results as well as 1-year clinical outcome after TAE with Embozene microspheres are veryly encouraging, however, further studies, a larger patient population, and a longer follow-up are mandatory to assess the real clinical impact...
- Minimally invasive ablation treatment for locally advanced pancreatic adenocarcinomaMichele Rossi
Unit of Interventional Radiology, S Andrea University Hospital Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 37:586-91. 2014..The purpose of this review is to present the current status of local ablative therapies in the treatment of pancreatic adenocarcinoma and to investigate on the efficiency and the future trends. ..