Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: European Molecular Biology Laboratory
- A naturally occurring calcineurin variant inhibits FoxO activity and enhances skeletal muscle regenerationEnrique Lara-Pezzi
European Molecular Biology Laboratory EMBL, Mouse Biology Unit, Campus Buzzatti Traverso, Monterotondo Scalo, 00016 Rome, Italy
J Cell Biol 179:1205-18. 2007..This unique mode of action distinguishes the CnAbeta1 isoform as a candidate for interventional strategies in muscle wasting treatment...
- Targeted ablation of IKK2 improves skeletal muscle strength, maintains mass, and promotes regenerationFoteini Mourkioti
European Molecular Biology Laboratory EMBL Mouse Biology Unit, Campus A Buzzati Traverso, Monterotondo Scalo, Italy
J Clin Invest 116:2945-54. 2006..Our results establish IKK2/NF-kappaB signaling as an important modulator of muscle homeostasis and suggest a combined role for IKK inhibitors and growth factors in the therapy of muscle diseases...
- NF-kappaB signaling in skeletal muscle: prospects for intervention in muscle diseasesFoteini Mourkioti
EMBL Mouse Biology Unit, Campus A Buzzati Traverso, 00015, Monterotondo Scalo, Italy
J Mol Med (Berl) 86:747-59. 2008..Understanding the exact role of NF-kappaB in muscle cells will allow better therapeutic manipulations in the setting of human muscle diseases...
- Distinct roles for cell-autonomous Notch signaling in cardiomyocytes of the embryonic and adult heartPaschalis Kratsios
Mouse Biology Unit, European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Campus A Buzzati Traverso, Rome, Italy
Circ Res 106:559-72. 2010....
- IGF-1, inflammation and stem cells: interactions during muscle regenerationFoteini Mourkioti
EMBL Mouse Biology Unit Campus A Buzzati Traverso, Via Ramarini 32, 00016 Monterotondo Scalo RM, Italy
Trends Immunol 26:535-42. 2005..Recent studies on the role of IGF-1 in the promotion of cell recruitment to the injured muscle and the subsequent resolution of the inflammatory response have unveiled new perspectives into local repair mechanisms...
- Analysis of CRE-mediated recombination driven by myosin light chain 1/3 regulatory elements in embryonic and adult skeletal muscle: a tool to study fiber specificationFoteini Mourkioti
Genesis 46:424-30. 2008..The MLC-Cre transgenic mouse can be used in conjunction with conditional alleles to study both developmental patterning and maintenance of fast fiber-type phenotypes...