- Adipose tissue cytokines, insulin sensitivity, inflammation, and cardiovascular outcomes in end-stage renal disease patientsCarmine Zoccali
Consiglio Nazionale Ricerche Istituto BIo Medicina Epidemiologia Clinica e Fisiopatologia delle Malattie Renali e dell Ipertensione Arteriosa, Reggio Calabria, Italy
J Ren Nutr 15:125-30. 2005..Finally, low adiponectin and high norepinephrine seem to be interacting factors in the dismal cardiovascular outcomes with ESRD...
- Pro-inflammatory cytokines and bone fractures in CKD patients. An exploratory single centre studyVincenzo Panuccio
Nephrology, Dialysis, Hypertension and Renal Transplantation Unit Azienda Ospedaliera, Via Vallone Petrara, 89124, Reggio Calabria, Italy
BMC Nephrol 13:134. 2012..We studied the relationship between inflammatory cytokines and incident bone fractures in a cohort of CKD-5D patients...
- Chest ultrasound and hidden lung congestion in peritoneal dialysis patientsVincenzo Panuccio
Nephrology, Dialysis, Hypertension and Renal Transplantation Unit, Ospedali Riuniti, Reggio Calabria, Italy
Nephrol Dial Transplant 27:3601-5. 2012..We systematically applied this technique to the whole peritoneal dialysis (PD) population of five dialysis units...
- [A lie which became the truth]G Enia
Unità Operativa di Nefrologia Dialisi e Trapianto Renale and CNR IBIM, Istituto di Biomedicina, Azienda Ospedaliera, Reggio Calabria
G Ital Nefrol 24:151-3. 2007..Biopsy of a bone lesion revealed that the scintigraphic pattern was a false positive result due to hyperparathyroidism...
- [From CANUSA to ADEMEX: do we need a new paradigm for definition of peritoneal dialysis adequacy?]G Enia
Unità Operativa di Nefrologia Dialisi e Trapianto Renale e CNR IBIM, Istituto di Biomedicina, Azienda Ospedaliera, Reggio Calabria
G Ital Nefrol 23:569-74. 2006..The evidence is presented fostering the hypothesis that the control of extra-cellular fluid excess and of other cardiovascular risk factors may now be considered a new target for adequacy...
- Fibrinogen and calcium x phosphate product are predictors of cardiovascular events in the CAPD populationGiuseppe Enia
CNR IBIM, Institute of Biomedicine, Clinical Epidemiology and Physiopathology of Renal Diseases and Hypertension and Division of Nephrology, Reggio Calabria Italy
J Nephrol 18:764-9. 2005..Plasma fibrinogen (Fib) and calcium x phosphate product have emerged as cardiovascular (CV) event predictors in hemodialysis (HD) patients, but their role in peritoneal dialysis (PD) is less studied...
- Subclinical hypothyroidism is linked to micro-inflammation and predicts death in continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysisGiuseppe Enia
CNR IBIM, Istituto di Biomedicina, Epidemiologia Clinica e Fisiopatologia, delle Malattie Renali e dell Ipertensione Arteriosa, c o Ki Point Gransial Srl, Via Filippini n 85, 89125 Reggio Calabria, Italy
Nephrol Dial Transplant 22:538-44. 2007..Low T3 is a frequent alteration in patients with ESRD. This derangement has been recently linked to inflammation in haemodialysis patients. Whether this association holds true in peritoneal dialysis patients has not been studied...
- Long-term CAPD patients are volume expanded and display more severe left ventricular hypertrophy than haemodialysis patientsG Enia
Centro di Fisiologia Clinica del CNR e Divisione di Nefrologia, Reggio Calabria, Italy
Nephrol Dial Transplant 16:1459-64. 2001..This finding is associated with evidence of more pronounced volume expansion, hypertension, and hypoalbuminaemia. Volume and pressure load along with factors associated with hypoalbuminaemia may aggravate LVH in uraemic patients on CAPD...
- Clinical epidemiology of major nontraditional risk factors in peritoneal dialysis patientsCarmine Zoccali
CNR IBIM Epidemiologia Clinica e Fisiopatologia delle Malattie Renali e dell Ipertensione Arteriosa, Ospedali Riuniti, Calabria, Italy
Perit Dial Int 25:S84-7. 2005..While traditional risk factors dominate the scene in the general population, in chronic kidney disease (CKD), nontraditional risk factors play an increasingly important role, being perhaps dominant in ESRD patients...
- Asymmetric dimethyl-arginine (ADMA) response to inflammation in acute infectionsCarmine Zoccali
CNR IBIM, Clinical Epidemiology and Physiopathology of Renal Diseases and Hypertension, c o Ki Point, Gransial SRL, Via Filippini n 85, 89100 Reggio Calabria, Italy
Nephrol Dial Transplant 22:801-6. 2007..We examined the evolution in the plasma concentration of ADMA measured at the clinical outset of acute inflammation and after its resolution in a series of 17 patients with acute bacterial infections...
- The MAURO study: multiple intervention and audit in renal diseases to optimize careCarmine Zoccali
CNR-IBIM, National Research Council-Institute of Biomedicine, Reggio Calabria, Italy
J Nephrol 21:20-2. 2008
- Sterile icodextrin-associated peritonitis may induce hypersensitivity and recurrent peritonitis on re-challengeGiuseppe Enia
Nephrol Dial Transplant 18:626. 2003