- Fluid challenge in patients submitted to spinal blockA Donati
Department of Neuroscience, Anesthesia and Intensive Care Unit, Marche Polytechnical University, Ancona, Italy
Minerva Anestesiol 73:213-8. 2007..5%, 0.2 mg/kg for orthopedic surgery of the lower limb...
- The ability of PiCCO versus LiDCO variables to detect changes in cardiac index: a prospective clinical studyA Donati
Anesthesia and Intensive Care Unit, Department of Neurosciences, Polytechnic University of Marche, Ancona, Italy
Minerva Anestesiol 74:367-74. 2008..We investigated the agreement between SVV and PPV, as well as the reliability of LiDCO- and PiCCO-measured SVV, PPV and ITBVI, in detecting fluid responsiveness before and after fluid challenge (FC)...
- Desflurane versus sevoflurane to reduce blood loss in maxillofacial surgeryAlessandro Rossi
Clinica di Anestesia e Rianimazione, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria Ospedali Riuniti Umberto I, G Salesi, GM Lancisi, Ancona, Italy
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 68:1007-12. 2010..In our study, desflurane was hypothesized to reduce blood loss more than sevoflurane, both used with targeted mild controlled hypotension...
- Goal-directed intraoperative therapy reduces morbidity and length of hospital stay in high-risk surgical patientsAbele Donati
Department of Neuroscience, Anesthesia, and Intensive Care Unit, Marche Polytechnique University, Torrette di Ancona, Italy
Chest 132:1817-24. 2007..The primary aim of this study was to compare the number of patients with postoperative organ failure and length of hospital stay between those randomized to conventional vs a protocolized strategy designed to maintain O2ER < 27%...
- Glycaemic variability, infections and mortality in a medical-surgical intensive care unitAbele Donati
Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Unit, Department of Biomedical Sciences and Public Health, Universita Politecnica delle Marche, Ancona, Italy
Crit Care Resusc 16:13-23. 2014..We compared the ability of different GV indices and mean BGLs to predict mortality and intensive care unit-acquired infections in a population of ICU patients...
- Recombinant activated protein C treatment improves tissue perfusion and oxygenation in septic patients measured by near-infrared spectroscopyAbele Donati
Department of Neuroscience, Intensive Care Unit, Marche Polytechnical University, Via Tronto 10 A, 60020 Torrette di Ancona, Italy
Crit Care 13:S12. 2009..Patients with contraindications to rh-aPC were used as a control group (n = 5)...
- Thermodilution vs pressure recording analytical method in hemodynamic stabilized patientsAbele Donati
Anesthesia and Intensive Care Unit, Department of Biomedical Sciences and Public Health, Universita Politecnica delle Marche, Via Tronto 10 A, 60126, Ancona, Italy Electronic address
J Crit Care 29:260-4. 2014..The aim of this study was to assess the agreement of PRAM with the intermittent transpulmonary thermodilution and continuous pulmonary thermodilution in measuring CO in hemodynamically stabilized patients...
- The impact of a clinical information system in an intensive care unitAbele Donati
Intensive Care Unit, University Hospital, Ospedali Riuniti Umberto I G M Lancisi G Salesi, Torrette, Ancona, Italy
J Clin Monit Comput 22:31-6. 2008..This study was performed to compare time spent charting with pen and paper patient data versus time spent with the new electronic CIS and to evaluate staff perceptions of a CIS in an ICU...
- A comparison among portal lactate, intramucosal sigmoid Ph, and deltaCO2 (PaCO2 - regional Pco2) as indices of complications in patients undergoing abdominal aortic aneurysm surgeryAbele Donati
Department of Neuroscience, Anesthesia and Intensive Care Unit, Marche Polytechnique University, Ancona, Italy
Anesth Analg 99:1024-31, table of contents. 2004..9 +/- 1.2 g/dL versus 9.1 +/- 1.9 g/dL). In conclusion, both pHi and DeltaCO(2) are reasonably sensitive prognostic indices of organ failures after AAA surgery, but they are less specific and accurate than portal venous lactate...
- Methylene blue: an old-timer or a compound ready for revival?Abele Donati
Crit Care Med 34:2862-3. 2006
- Initial distribution volume of glucose as noninvasive indicator of cardiac preload: comparison with intrathoracic blood volumeVincenzo Gabbanelli
Clinica di Anestesia e Rianimazione, Universita Politecnica delle Marche, Via Conca, 60020 Ancona, Italy
Intensive Care Med 30:2067-73. 2004..To analyze the correlation between initial distribution volume of glucose (IDVGI) and intrathoracic blood volume measured by single indicator dilution technique...