Affiliation: Desio Hospital
- Epithelial-mesenchymal transition and tumour invasionMarcello Guarino
Department of Anatomical Pathology, Hospital of Vimercate, via C Battisti 23, 20059 Vimercate MI, Italy
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 39:2153-60. 2007..Thus, in addition to increasing our knowledge of tumour invasion biology, studying epithelial-mesenchymal transition will, in the future, offer novel opportunities to define clinical parameters and pharmacological treatment...
- Soft tissue sacrococcygeal chordoma with intracytoplasmic filamentous inclusionsMarcello Guarino
Department of Anatomical Pathology, Hospital of Vimercate and Hospital L Sacco, Milan, Italy
Pathol Res Pract 201:699-704. 2005..To our knowledge, this is the first report of chordoma featuring this cellular change although we do not know the significance of these bodies...
- The role of epithelial-mesenchymal transition in cancer pathologyMarcello Guarino
Department of Anatomical Pathology, Hospital of Vimercate Milan, Italy
Pathology 39:305-18. 2007..Since the molecules involved in EMT represent potential targets for pharmacological agents, these findings open new avenues for the control of metastatic spread in the treatment of malignancies...
- Direct contribution of epithelium to organ fibrosis: epithelial-mesenchymal transitionMarcello Guarino
Department of Pathology, Hospital of Vimercate, Vimercate, Milan, Italy
Hum Pathol 40:1365-76. 2009..Thus, because of its fibrogenic potential, the detection of epithelial-mesenchymal transition in biopsy specimens could be useful diagnostically and represent a new biomarker of progression in chronic fibrosing diseases...
- Src signaling in cancer invasionMarcello Guarino
Department of Pathology, Hospital of Vimercate, Vimercate, MB, Italy
J Cell Physiol 223:14-26. 2010....