- [Use of discharge records to define the oncological diagnoses for outpatient radiotherapy patients]
Epidemiologia dei tumori, Universita di Torino
Epidemiol Prev 30:132-8. 2006
..The procedure is based on the record linkage between discharge records (SDO) and outpatients records (PA), in order to obtain clinical information from the diagnosis related to possible admissions of the patients...
- A high positive predictive value algorithm using hospital administrative data identified incident cancer cases
Cancer Epidemiology Unit, University of Turin and C P O Piemonte, San Giovanni Battista Hospital, Via Santena 7, 10126 Turin, Italy
J Clin Epidemiol 61:373-9. 2008
..We have developed and validated an algorithm based on Piedmont hospital discharge abstracts for ascertainment of incident cases of breast, colorectal, and lung cancer...
- Discontinuation of and changes in drug therapy for hypertension among newly-treated patients: a population-based study in Italy
Department of Statistics, Unit of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, University of Milano Bicocca, Milan, Italy
J Hypertens 26:819-24. 2008
..To assess rates and determinants of treatment discontinuation of or changes in initial antihypertensive drug therapy in a large cohort of patients from Lombardia (Italy)...
- Accessibility as a major determinant of radiotherapy underutilization: a population based study
Unit of Cancer Epidemiology, Ospedale S Giovanni Battista, CPO Piemonte, University of Turin, Italy
Health Policy 80:483-91. 2007
..A survey was conducted of radiotherapy (RT) resources and utilization in a northwestern Italian Region in order to assess geographical variations in radiotherapy utilization rates, and the effects of infrastructure supply on accessibility...
- Muscle tenderness in different types of facial pain and its relation to anxiety and depression: A cross-sectional study on 649 patients
Section Headache Facial Pain, Department of Clinical Pathophysiology, University of Turin, 14 Corso Dogliotti, I 10126 Torino, Italy
Pain 131:106-11. 2007
..12 and OR=1.56, 95% CI: 1.10-2.21, respectively). A careful screening for the presence of an underlying psychiatric disorder, either anxiety or depression, should be part of the clinical evaluation in patients suffering from facial pain...
- Heart failure and sudden death in dilated cardiomyopathy: a hidden competition we should not forget about when modelling mortality
Department of Public Health and Microbiology, University of Torino, Torino, Italy
J Eval Clin Pract 14:53-8. 2008
..The goal of the manuscript is to suggest a possible protocol for the analysis of competing risk events, mimicking the common approaches used in the univariate case...
- Computing hospitalization rates in presence of repeated events: impact and countermeasures to avoid misinterpretation
Unit of Cancer Epidemiology, C P O Piemonte and University of Torino, Torino, Italy
J Eval Clin Pract 14:316-20. 2008
..The admission rate, including both first and recurrent events, is a clear overall measure of hospital utilization, its variability accounting for individual propensity to disease recurrence...