Affiliation: CPO Piemonte
- [Use of discharge records to define the oncological diagnoses for outpatient radiotherapy patients]Eva Pagano
Epidemiologia dei tumori, Universita di Torino
Epidemiol Prev 30:132-8. 2006..The procedure is based on the record linkage between discharge records (SDO) and outpatients records (PA), in order to obtain clinical information from the diagnosis related to possible admissions of the patients...
- A high positive predictive value algorithm using hospital administrative data identified incident cancer casesIleana Baldi
Cancer Epidemiology Unit, University of Turin and C P O Piemonte, San Giovanni Battista Hospital, Via Santena 7, 10126 Turin, Italy
J Clin Epidemiol 61:373-9. 2008..We have developed and validated an algorithm based on Piedmont hospital discharge abstracts for ascertainment of incident cases of breast, colorectal, and lung cancer...
- The economic burden of caregiving on families of children and adolescents with cancer: a population-based assessmentEva Pagano
Cancer Epidemiology Unit, Città della Salute e della Scienza Hospital, Torino, Italy Childhood Cancer Registry CPO Piemonte, Torino, Italy
Pediatr Blood Cancer 61:1088-93. 2014..Therefore, in the present study the economic burden of caregiving on families of children and adolescents (0-19 years of age) with cancer was analysed using administrative data as an alternative to retrospective questionnaires...
- Hospital factors and patient characteristics in the treatment of colorectal cancer: a population based studyCarlotta Sacerdote
Cancer Epidemiology Unit, San Giovanni Battista Hospital, CPO Piemonte and University of Turin, Via Santena 7, 10129, Torino, Italy
BMC Public Health 12:775. 2012..To that end, indicators of the quality of initial treatment delivered to newly-diagnosed colorectal cancer patients in a North-Western Region of Italy, were investigated using administrative data...
- Compliance with clinical practice guidelines for breast cancer treatment: a population-based study of quality-of-care indicators in ItalyCarlotta Sacerdote
Cancer Epidemiology Unit, San Giovanni Battista Hospital, CPO Piemonte and University of Turin, Turin, Italy
BMC Health Serv Res 13:28. 2013..The aim of this population-based study was to evaluate the impact of regional guidelines (Piedmont guidelines, PGL) for breast cancer diagnosis and treatment on quality-of-care indicators in the Northwestern Italian region of Piedmont...
- Hospitalization rates and cost in severe or complicated obesity: an Italian cohort studyEnrica Migliore
Unit of Cancer Epidemiology, San Giovanni Battista Hospital, CPO Piemonte, CERMS and University of Turin, Turin, Italy
BMC Public Health 13:544. 2013....
- Discontinuation of and changes in drug therapy for hypertension among newly-treated patients: a population-based study in ItalyGiovanni Corrao
Department of Statistics, Unit of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, University of Milano Bicocca, Milan, Italy
J Hypertens 26:819-24. 2008..To assess rates and determinants of treatment discontinuation of or changes in initial antihypertensive drug therapy in a large cohort of patients from Lombardia (Italy)...
- Computing hospitalization rates in presence of repeated events: impact and countermeasures to avoid misinterpretationIleana Baldi
Unit of Cancer Epidemiology, C P O Piemonte and University of Torino, Torino, Italy
J Eval Clin Pract 14:316-20. 2008..The admission rate, including both first and recurrent events, is a clear overall measure of hospital utilization, its variability accounting for individual propensity to disease recurrence...
- Heart failure and sudden death in dilated cardiomyopathy: a hidden competition we should not forget about when modelling mortalityDario Gregori
Department of Public Health and Microbiology, University of Torino, Torino, Italy
J Eval Clin Pract 14:53-8. 2008..The goal of the manuscript is to suggest a possible protocol for the analysis of competing risk events, mimicking the common approaches used in the univariate case...
- Muscle tenderness in different types of facial pain and its relation to anxiety and depression: A cross-sectional study on 649 patientsFranco Mongini
Section Headache Facial Pain, Department of Clinical Pathophysiology, University of Turin, 14 Corso Dogliotti, I 10126 Torino, Italy
Pain 131:106-11. 2007..12 and OR=1.56, 95% CI: 1.10-2.21, respectively). A careful screening for the presence of an underlying psychiatric disorder, either anxiety or depression, should be part of the clinical evaluation in patients suffering from facial pain...
- Accessibility as a major determinant of radiotherapy underutilization: a population based studyEva Pagano
Unit of Cancer Epidemiology, Ospedale S Giovanni Battista, CPO Piemonte, University of Turin, Italy
Health Policy 80:483-91. 2007..A survey was conducted of radiotherapy (RT) resources and utilization in a northwestern Italian Region in order to assess geographical variations in radiotherapy utilization rates, and the effects of infrastructure supply on accessibility...