- Degenerative lumbar spinal stenosis: analysis of results in a series of 374 patients treated with unilateral laminotomy for bilateral microdecompressionFrancesco Costa
Department of Neurosurgery, Universitià degli Studi di Milano, Istituto IRCCS Galeazzi, Milan, Italy
J Neurosurg Spine 7:579-86. 2007..The authors present a minimally invasive surgical technique performed using a unilateral approach for lumbar decompression...
- Symptomatic pineal cyst: case report and review of the literatureF Costa
U O Neurosurgery, Istituto O Galeazzi, Via Ricardo Galeazzi 4, Milan, Italy
Minim Invasive Neurosurg 51:231-3. 2008..Reviewing the literature demonstrates that the endoscopic approach represents a minimally invasive and safe procedure in the treatment of symptomatic pineal cysts...
- Cervical synovial cyst: case report and review of literatureFrancesco Costa
Department of Neurosurgery, Istituto IRCCS Galeazzi, Via R Galeazzi 4, 20100 Milan, Italy
Eur Spine J 19:S100-2. 2010..The authors present the case of an 84-year-old man with a symptomatic synovial cyst involving the space between C7 and T1...
- Stand-alone cage for posterior lumbar interbody fusion in the treatment of high-degree degenerative disc disease: design of a new device for an "old" technique. A prospective study on a series of 116 patientsFrancesco Costa
Neurosurgery Department, IRCCS Istituto Ortopedico Galeazzi, Milan, Italy
Eur Spine J 20:S46-56. 2011..This technique is not demanding and can be considered safe and effective, as shown by the excellent clinical and radiological success rates...
- The influence of the axial, antero-posterior and lateral positions of the center of rotation of a ball-and-socket disc prosthesis on the cervical spine biomechanicsFabio Galbusera
IRCCS Istituto Ortopedico Galeazzi, Via Galeazzi 4, Milan, Italy
Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon) 25:397-401. 2010..Therefore, the paper is aimed to the quantification of their influence on the flexibility of the implanted spine and the force transmitted through the facet joints...
- Spinal navigation: standard preoperative versus intraoperative computed tomography data set acquisition for computer-guidance system: radiological and clinical study in 100 consecutive patientsFrancesco Costa
Neurosurgery Department, Istituto Clinico Humanitas IRCCS, Rozzano, MI, Italy
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 36:2094-8. 2011..A retrospective clinical and radiological study...
- Anterior cervical fusion: a biomechanical comparison of 4 techniques. Laboratory investigationFabio Galbusera
Labs, IRCCS Istituto Ortopedico Galeazzi, Milan, Italy
J Neurosurg Spine 9:444-9. 2008..5 Nm in flexion, extension, right lateral bending, and right axial rotation was applied to the 4 models. The segmental principal ranges of motion and the load shared by the interbody cage were obtained for each simulation...
- 237 ACoA aneurysms clipped or embolized. Outcomes measurement using the De Santis-CESE assessment toolA De Santis
Department of Clinical Sciences L Sacco, Neurosurgery Unit, O Galeazzi Institute, IRCCS, Milan University, Milan, Italy
J Neurosurg Sci 51:159-68. 2007..The aim of this retrospective study was to demonstrate the difference in patient outcomes after treatment for bleeding endocranial aneurysms when evaluated with methods based on different assessment criteria...
- Quantitative assessment of intervertebral disc glycosaminoglycan distribution by gadolinium-enhanced MRI in orthopedic patientsStefania Vaga
IRCCS Istituto Ortopedico Galeazzi, Milano, Italy
Magn Reson Med 59:85-95. 2008..The application of this new MRI method could provide diagnostic information for standard treatment of lumbar discopathy and for innovative therapies of regenerative medicine...