- Degenerative lumbar spinal stenosis: analysis of results in a series of 374 patients treated with unilateral laminotomy for bilateral microdecompressionFrancesco Costa
Department of Neurosurgery, Universitià degli Studi di Milano, Istituto IRCCS Galeazzi, Milan, Italy
J Neurosurg Spine 7:579-86. 2007..The authors present a minimally invasive surgical technique performed using a unilateral approach for lumbar decompression...
- Cervical synovial cyst: case report and review of literatureFrancesco Costa
Department of Neurosurgery, Istituto IRCCS Galeazzi, Via R Galeazzi 4, 20100 Milan, Italy
Eur Spine J 19:S100-2. 2010..The authors present the case of an 84-year-old man with a symptomatic synovial cyst involving the space between C7 and T1...
- Symptomatic pineal cyst: case report and review of the literatureF Costa
U O Neurosurgery, Istituto O Galeazzi, Via Ricardo Galeazzi 4, Milan, Italy
Minim Invasive Neurosurg 51:231-3. 2008..Reviewing the literature demonstrates that the endoscopic approach represents a minimally invasive and safe procedure in the treatment of symptomatic pineal cysts...
- Stand-alone cage for posterior lumbar interbody fusion in the treatment of high-degree degenerative disc disease: design of a new device for an "old" technique. A prospective study on a series of 116 patientsFrancesco Costa
Neurosurgery Department, IRCCS Istituto Ortopedico Galeazzi, Milan, Italy
Eur Spine J 20:S46-56. 2011..This technique is not demanding and can be considered safe and effective, as shown by the excellent clinical and radiological success rates...
- The influence of the axial, antero-posterior and lateral positions of the center of rotation of a ball-and-socket disc prosthesis on the cervical spine biomechanicsFabio Galbusera
IRCCS Istituto Ortopedico Galeazzi, Via Galeazzi 4, Milan, Italy
Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon) 25:397-401. 2010..Therefore, the paper is aimed to the quantification of their influence on the flexibility of the implanted spine and the force transmitted through the facet joints...
- Spinal navigation: standard preoperative versus intraoperative computed tomography data set acquisition for computer-guidance system: radiological and clinical study in 100 consecutive patientsFrancesco Costa
Neurosurgery Department, Istituto Clinico Humanitas IRCCS, Rozzano, MI, Italy
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 36:2094-8. 2011..A retrospective clinical and radiological study...
- Numerical evaluation of the correlation between the normal variation in the sagittal alignment of the lumbar spine and the spinal loadsFabio Galbusera
IRCCS Istituto Ortopedico Galeazzi, Via Galeazzi 4, Milan, 20161, Italy
J Orthop Res 32:537-44. 2014..2013 Orthopaedic Research Society. Published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc. J Orthop Res 32:537-544, 2014. ..
- Instrumented fusion surgery in elderly patients (over 75 years old): clinical and radiological results in a series of 53 patientsFrancesco Costa
Neurosurgery, Humanitas Clinical and Research Center, Via A Manzoni, 56, 20089, Rozzano, Milan, Italy
Eur Spine J 22:S910-3. 2013..To evaluate the clinical and radiological outcomes of elderly (>75 years old) patients who underwent spinal instrumented fusion surgery...
- Anterior cervical fusion: a biomechanical comparison of 4 techniques. Laboratory investigationFabio Galbusera
Labs, IRCCS Istituto Ortopedico Galeazzi, Milan, Italy
J Neurosurg Spine 9:444-9. 2008..5 Nm in flexion, extension, right lateral bending, and right axial rotation was applied to the 4 models. The segmental principal ranges of motion and the load shared by the interbody cage were obtained for each simulation...
- 237 ACoA aneurysms clipped or embolized. Outcomes measurement using the De Santis-CESE assessment toolA De Santis
Department of Clinical Sciences L Sacco, Neurosurgery Unit, O Galeazzi Institute, IRCCS, Milan University, Milan, Italy
J Neurosurg Sci 51:159-68. 2007..The aim of this retrospective study was to demonstrate the difference in patient outcomes after treatment for bleeding endocranial aneurysms when evaluated with methods based on different assessment criteria...
- Quantitative assessment of intervertebral disc glycosaminoglycan distribution by gadolinium-enhanced MRI in orthopedic patientsStefania Vaga
IRCCS Istituto Ortopedico Galeazzi, Milano, Italy
Magn Reson Med 59:85-95. 2008..The application of this new MRI method could provide diagnostic information for standard treatment of lumbar discopathy and for innovative therapies of regenerative medicine...