- A unique simultaneous occurrence of paratracheal granular cell tumor and papillary thyroid carcinomaRenato Colella
Institute of Pathological Anatomy and Histology, Perugia University, Perugia, Italy
Int J Surg Pathol 15:82-5. 2007..A granular cell tumor should also be considered in the cytologic differential diagnosis of the thyroid and paratracheal nodules...
- Endometriosis-associated skeletal muscle regeneration: a hitherto undescribed entity and a potential diagnostic pitfallRenato Colella
Institute of Pathological Anatomy and Histology, University of Perugia, Medical School, Perugia, Italy
Am J Surg Pathol 34:10-7. 2010..Therefore, although the histologic diagnosis of endometriosis is usually straightforward, pathologists should be aware of the concomitant regenerative effects on skeletal muscle, which may represent a possible diagnostic pitfall...
- Primary signet-ring cell carcinoma of the urinary bladder: a clinicopathologic and immunohistochemical study of 5 casesRachele Del Sordo
Institute of Pathologic Anatomy and Histology, Perugia University, Italy
Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 17:18-22. 2009....
- Immunohistochemical expression of Galectin-3 and HBME-1 in granular cell tumors: a new findingGuido Bellezza
Institute of Pathologic Anatomy and Histology, Division of Cancer Research, University of Perugia, Perugia, Italy
Histol Histopathol 23:1127-30. 2008..HBME-1 was positive in 95% of cases. The present study gives a new immunophenotypic profile for GCT, which could help pathologists in distinguishing morphologically ambiguous granular lesions in unusual sites...
- Epithelial cyst of the spleen with foci of ectopic liverRachele Del Sordo
Institute of Pathological Anatomy and Histology, University of Perugia, Italy
J Pediatr Surg 46:e21-3. 2011..Moreover, a congenital, genetic, or teratomatous origin has also been hypothesized. We describe an unusual case of epithelial splenic cyst with mature liver foci in its wall. This finding supports its possible dysontogenetic origin...
- Long glucocorticoid-induced leucine zipper (L-GILZ) protein interacts with ras protein pathway and contributes to spermatogenesis controlStefano Bruscoli
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Section of Pharmacology, Toxicology, and Chemotherapy, Medical School, University of Perugia, Via del Giochetto, 06122 Perugia, Italy
J Biol Chem 287:1242-51. 2012..These results identify L-GILZ as a novel important factor for undifferentiated spermatogonia function and spermatogenesis...
- Intrascrotal lipoblastoma: a case report and review of the literatureRachele Del Sordo
Division of Cancer Research, Institute of Pathologic Anatomy and Histology, Perugia Medical School, University of Perugia, Perugia, Italy
J Pediatr Surg 42:E9-11. 2007..An intrascrotal location is unusual. We describe the case of a 4-year-old boy with an intrascrotal lipoblastoma and discuss the differential diagnosis in reviewing the literature...
- Ductal carcinoma in situ with microinvasion: clinicopathologic study and biopathologic profileAntonio Cavaliere
Institute of Pathological Anatomy and Histology, Division of Cancer Research, Perugia University, Policlinico Monteluce, Box 1454, Perugia I 06122, Italy
Pathol Res Pract 202:131-5. 2006....
- Phosphoinositide-3-kinase catalytic alpha and KRAS mutations are important predictors of resistance to therapy with epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitors in patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancerVienna Ludovini
Medical Oncology, S Maria della Misericordia Hospital, Perugia, Italy
J Thorac Oncol 6:707-15. 2011....