Affiliation: CNR Institute of Clinical Physiology
- Insulin resistance and hypersecretion in obesity. European Group for the Study of Insulin Resistance (EGIR)E Ferrannini
CNR Institute of Clinical Physiology, Pisa, Italy
J Clin Invest 100:1166-73. 1997..In the obese with preserved insulin sensitivity, risk for diabetes, cardiovascular risk, and response to treatment may be different than in insulin resistant obesity...
- Vasodilation with sodium nitroprusside does not improve insulin action in essential hypertensionA Natali
CNR Institute of Clinical Physiology and the Department of Internal Medicine, University of Pisa, Italy
Hypertension 31:632-6. 1998..6). We conclude that in overweight male patients with essential hypertension, increasing forearm perfusion with sodium nitroprusside does not attenuate the insulin resistance of forearm tissues...
- Independent influence of age on basal insulin secretion in nondiabetic humans. European Group for the Study of Insulin ResistanceP Iozzo
Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche Institute of Clinical Physiology, Pisa, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 84:863-8. 1999..0001) inverse relation to age. We conclude that, in nondiabetic Caucasian subjects of either sex, senescence per se is associated with a progressive decline in both insulin clearance and basal insulin release...
- Similar patterns of myocardial metabolism and perfusion in patients with type 2 diabetes and heart disease of ischaemic and non-ischaemic originS Masi
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Diabetologia 55:2494-500. 2012..The aim of this study was to define the independent relationships between left ventricular dysfunction or ischaemia and patterns of myocardial perfusion and metabolism in type 2 diabetes...
- Contribution of organ blood flow, intrinsic tissue clearance and glycaemia to the regulation of glucose use in obese and type 2 diabetic rats: a PET studyL Guiducci
Institute of Clinical Physiology, National Research Council CNR, Via Moruzzi 1, Pisa, Italy
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 21:726-32. 2011....