- Cemented-retained vs screw-retained implant restorations: an investigation on 1939 dental implantsM Cicciu
Department of Oral Surgery, Dental Clinic, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Minerva Stomatol 57:167-79. 2008..It is important to underline the influence of the attachment mechanism on many clinical aspects of implant dentistry...
- Histomorphometric evaluation of anorganic bovine bone coverage to reduce autogenous grafts resorption: preliminary resultsCarlo Maiorana
Oral Surgery and Implantology, University of Milan, School of Dentistry, IRCSS Cà Granda, Milan, Italy
Open Dent J 5:71-8. 2011....
- Schneider membrane elevation in presence of sinus septa: anatomic features and surgical managementMario Beretta
Implantology Department, School of Dentistry, University of Milan, IRCSS Cà Grande, MI, Italy
Int J Dent 2012:261905. 2012..Clinicians should always perform clinical and radiographic diagnosis in order to avoid complications related to the sinus lift surgery...
- Periodontal health and caries prevalence evaluation in patients affected by Parkinson's diseaseMarco Cicciu
Department of Human Pathology, University of Messina School of Dentistry, 98100 Messina, Italy
Parkinsons Dis 2012:541908. 2012....
- Rare bilateral nasopalatine duct cysts: a case reportMarco Cicciu
University of Milan, Department of Oral Surgery, I C P Dental School via della Commenda 10 Milan, Italy
Open Dent J 4:8-12. 2010..This report describes the appearance and treatment of a rare case of bilateral nasopalatine duct cyst...
- Five years follow-up of implant-prosthetic rehabilitation on a patient after mandibular ameloblastoma removal and ridge reconstruction by fibula graft and bone distractionGiacomo Oteri
Department of Odontostomatology, University of Messina, ME, Italy
Dent Res J (Isfahan) 9:226-32. 2012..At five-years follow up, excellent integration of grafted tissue, steady levels of bone around the fixtures and healthy peri-implant tissues were reported...
- Dental management in dysphagia syndrome patients with previously acquired brain damagesEnnio Bramanti
Department of Odontostomoatology, School of Dentistry, University of Messina, ME, Italy
Dent Res J (Isfahan) 9:361-7. 2012..This review article discusses the epidemiology of dysphagia, the normal swallowing process, pathophysiology, signs and symptoms, diagnostics, and dental management of patients affected...
- Protein-Signaled Guided Bone Regeneration Using Titanium Mesh and Rh-BMP2 in Oral Surgery: A Case Report Involving Left Mandibular Reconstruction after Tumor ResectionM Cicciu
Human Pathology Department, University of Messina University of Messina School of Dentistry
Open Dent J 6:51-5. 2012....
- Tooth fragment reattachment technique on a pluri traumatized toothGiuseppe Lo Giudice
Department of Conservative Dentistry, Messina Dental School, Messina University, Catania, ME, Italy
J Conserv Dent 15:80-3. 2012..Quality of adhesion is shown by the retention of the reattached fragment in the second trauma that caused only partial enamel fractures...
- Strategies used to inhibit postoperative swelling following removal of impacted lower third molarFrancesco Sortino
Department of Oral Surgery, University of Catania, Azienda Policlinico, Via Santa Sofia, Catania, Italy
Dent Res J (Isfahan) 8:162-71. 2011..The pharmacological therapy when performed with corticosteroids seems to improve control of the postoperative swelling related with this kind of surgeries...
- Experimental study on strength evaluation applied for teeth extraction: an in vivo studyMarco Cicciu
Oral Surgery Medical Practitioner, Department of Human Pathology, School of Dentistry, University of Messina School of Dentistry, ME, IT, USA
Open Dent J 7:20-6. 2013..The buccal and palatal rocking movements, plus the twisting movements were also measured in this in-vivo study during premolar extraction for orthodontic purposes...
- Biomimetic mineralization on a macroporous cellulose-based matrix for bone regenerationOdeta Petrauskaite
Department of Organic Technology, Kaunas University of Technology, Radvilenu pl 19, 50254 Kaunas, Lithuania
Biomed Res Int 2013:452750. 2013..The porous cellulose matrix was not cytotoxic, allowing the adhesion and proliferation of human osteoblastic cells. Comparatively, improved cell adhesion and growth rate were achieved on the mineralized cellulose matrices. ..
- Slow Orthodontic Teeth Extrusion to Enhance Hard and Soft Periodontal Tissue Quality before Implant Positioning in Aesthetic AreaC Maiorana
Oral Surgery and Implantology, University of Milan School of Dentistry, University of Milan, MI, Italy
Open Dent J 6:137-42. 2012..Several safe surgical techniques are available today for reconstructing atrophic jaws. However, the same technique applied on the posterior area did not give the same predictable results as in the anterior areas of the jaw...
- Immunoglobulin injection for the treatment of multiple oral ulcers in Stevens-Johnson syndromeM Cicciu
Human Pathology Department, Dental School, Messina University, Via Consolare Valeria, 98100, Messina, Italy
Eur Arch Paediatr Dent 14:355-8. 2013..Authors want to underline the positive response of a new way of therapy by immunoglobulin injection...
- Recombinant human bone morphogenetic protein type 2 application for a possible treatment of bisphosphonates-related osteonecrosis of the jawMarco Cicciu
Oral Surgery and Oral Disease Department, University of Messina School of Dentistry, Messina, Italy
J Craniofac Surg 23:784-8. 2012..The use of growth factors, particularly rhBMP-2, should be considered a therapeutic choice in patients affected by osteonecrosis of the jaws related to bisphosphonate therapy...
- Parametric analysis of the strength in the ''Toronto'' osseous-prosthesis systemM Cicciu
Department of Oral Surgery, I C P Dental School University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Minerva Stomatol 58:9-23. 2009..Moreover investigation about implant positions and perspectives in comparison with a virtual medial plane was made to evaluate the incidence of screw and prosthesis breakage...
- Cervicofacial emphysema secondary to facebow injury: a case reportMarco Cicciu
Oral Surgery Department, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
J Clin Pediatr Dent 33:333-6. 2009..To report the clinical case of a child with facial and periorbital emphysema caused by an orthodontic device...
- Changes in inflammatory mediators in peri-implant fluid after implant insertionMario Venza
Department of Odontostomatology, University of Messina, Messina, Italy
J Periodontol 80:297-306. 2009..The aim of this study was to compare and evaluate the influence of the placement technique on periodontal health...
- Juvenile ossifying fibroma of the maxilla: a rare aggressive case in a young patientMarco Cicciu
Department Human Pathology, University of Messina, University of Messina School of Dentistry, ME, IT, Italy
J Cancer Res Ther 9:324-7. 2013..The clinical, radiographic and histopathologic findings, plus differential diagnoses of the case and treatement options are also presented...
- Clinical investigation of mucosal thickness stability after soft tissue grafting around implants: a 3-year retrospective studyStefano Speroni
Department of Implantology, Dental Clinic IRCSS, University of Milan, Italy
Indian J Dent Res 21:474-9. 2010....
- Use of a porcine collagen matrix as an alternative to autogenous tissue for grafting oral soft tissue defectsAlan S Herford
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, School of Dentistry, Loma Linda University Medical Center, Loma Linda, CA 92350, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 68:1463-70. 2010..Porcine collagen matrices have the potential to be helpful for grafting of soft tissue defects...
- Recombinant human bone morphogenetic protein-2 promote and stabilize hard and soft tissue healing for large mandibular new bone reconstruction defectsMarco Cicciu
From the Oral Surgery and Oral Disease Department, School of Dentistry, University of Messina, Messina, Italy Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, CA School of Dentistry, University of Messina, Messina, Italy and Department of Oral Surgery, Policlinico Cà Granda, University of Milan School of Dentistry, Milan, Italy
J Craniofac Surg 25:860-2. 2014..The results indicated that the use of rhBMP-2 without concomitant autogenous bone grafting materials in large critical-sized mandibular defects secondary to large mandibular tumor produced excellent regeneration of the treated area...
- Maxillary vestibular incision for surgically assisted rapid palatal expansion: evidence for a conservative approachAlan S Herford
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, School of Dentistry, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, California 92350, USA
Orthodontics (Chic.) 13:168-75. 2012..To evaluate the soft tissue changes in upper lip, vermilion, and alar bases after surgically assisted rapid palatal expansion (SARPE). A new flap design was proposed to obtain more esthetic results...
- Immediate distraction osteogenesis: the sandwich technique in combination with rhBMP-2 for anterior maxillary and mandibular defectsAlan Scott Herford
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, California, USA
J Craniofac Surg 24:1383-7. 2013..The addition of rhBMP-2 may aid in its success rate by promoting osteogenesis at the osteotomy site, especially in multiple-operated patients where other traditional techniques have failed to gain the desired ridge height. ..
- Giant Salivary Gland Calculi (GSGC): Report Of Two CasesGiacomo Oteri
Oral Surgery Department, University of Messina, School of Dentistry, Messina, Italy
Open Dent J 5:90-5. 2011..The glands recovered normal function quickly after removal of the stones.For the patients the morbidity associated with salivary gland calculi removal follow-up showed asymptomatic and normally functioning glands...