Affiliation: Chiron SpA
- The adjuvanted influenza vaccines with novel adjuvants: experience with the MF59-adjuvanted vaccineA Podda
Clinical Research and Medical Affairs, Chiron Vaccines, Chiron SpA, Via Florentina 1, 53100, Siena, Italy
Vaccine 19:2673-80. 2001..In conclusion, the addition of MF59 to subunit influenza vaccines enhances significantly the immune response in elderly subjects without causing clinically important changes in the safety profile of the influenza vaccine...
- MF59-adjuvanted vaccines: increased immunogenicity with an optimal safety profileAudino Podda
Chiron Vaccines Clinical Research and Medical Affairs, Siena, Italy
Expert Rev Vaccines 2:197-203. 2003..MF59 has been the first adjuvant to be licensed for human use after alum and, as part of an enhanced influenza vaccine for the elderly, is now available in the marketplace of several countries worldwide...
- MF59 is a safe and potent vaccine adjuvant for flu vaccines in humans: what did we learn during its development?D T O'Hagan
Novartis Vaccines and Diagnostics Inc, Siena, Italy
Clin Pharmacol Ther 82:740-4. 2007..The main lesson learned is that mouse models can be valuable, but one must ask the right questions and the models must be used appropriately...
- Absence of protective immunity against diphtheria in a large proportion of young adultsR Rappuoli
Biocine Sclavo Research Centre, Siena, Italy
Vaccine 11:576-7. 1993..This vaccine is combined with tetanus toxoid and can be routinely used as a booster in adults...
- What are the limits of adjuvanticity?G Del Giudice
IRIS Research Center, Chiron SpA, Via Fiorentina 1, 53100, Siena, Italy
Vaccine 20:S38-41. 2001..Tailoring of new adjuvants for the development of vaccines with improved immunogenicity/efficacy and reduced reactogenicity will represent one of the major challenges of the ongoing vaccine-oriented research...
- A new MF59-adjuvanted influenza vaccine enhances the immune response in the elderly with chronic diseases: results from an immunogenicity meta-analysisAngelika Banzhoff
Clinical Research and Medical Affairs, Chiron Vaccines, Marburg, Germany
Gerontology 49:177-84. 2003..The elderly are at a higher risk of morbidity and mortality associated with influenza infection than younger adults, but get less protection from conventional vaccination...
- Vaccines with the MF59 adjuvant do not stimulate antibody responses against squaleneGiuseppe Del Giudice
Research Center, Novartis Vaccines, Via Fiorentina 1, 53100 Siena, Italy
Clin Vaccine Immunol 13:1010-3. 2006..In conclusion, antisqualene antibodies are not increased by immunization with vaccines with the MF59 adjuvant. These data extend the safety profile of the MF59 emulsion adjuvant...
- Phase I evaluation of intranasal trivalent inactivated influenza vaccine with nontoxigenic Escherichia coli enterotoxin and novel biovector as mucosal adjuvants, using adult volunteersIain Stephenson
Infectious Diseases Unit, Leicester Royal Infirmary, Leicester LE1 5WW, United Kingdom
J Virol 80:4962-70. 2006..The addition of the biovector to the vaccine given with 30 microg LTK63 enhanced mucosal IgA responses to A/Duck/Singapore (H5N3) (P=0.0491) and B/Guandong (P=0.0028) but not to A/Panama (H3N2). All vaccines were well tolerated...
- An MF59-adjuvanted inactivated influenza vaccine containing A/Panama/1999 (H3N2) induced broader serological protection against heterovariant influenza virus strain A/Fujian/2002 than a subunit and a split influenza vaccineGiuseppe Del Giudice
Chiron Vaccines, Research Center and Clinical Research, Via Fiorentina 1, 53100 Siena, Italy
Vaccine 24:3063-5. 2006..We conclude that MF59-adjuvanted vaccines confer protection also against influenza virus strains which are not fully matched with those included in the vaccine...
- Antibody responses and HIV-1 viral load in HIV-1-seropositive subjects immunised with either the MF59-adjuvanted influenza vaccine or a conventional non-adjuvanted subunit vaccine during highly active antiretroviral therapyAnna M Iorio
Department of Hygiene, University of Perugia, Via del Giochetto, 06122 Perugia, Italy
Vaccine 21:3629-37. 2003....
- Mutants of the Escherichia coli heat-labile enterotoxin as safe and strong adjuvants for intranasal delivery of vaccinesSamuele Peppoloni
IRIS Research Center, Department of Hygiene, Microbiology and Biostatistical Sciences, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Italy
Expert Rev Vaccines 2:285-93. 2003..The fully nontoxic LTK63 mutant has now been successfully tested in human volunteers with a trivalent subunit influenza vaccine...
- Boosting immunity to influenza H5N1 with MF59-adjuvanted H5N3 A/Duck/Singapore/97 vaccine in a primed human populationIain Stephenson
Infectious Diseases Unit, Leicester Royal Infirmary, LE1 5WW, Leicester, UK
Vaccine 21:1687-93. 2003..001). MF59 significantly increased GMTs of antibody when compared to non-adjuvanted vaccine (P<0.001)...
- Comparison of the safety, tolerability, and immunogenicity of a MF59-adjuvanted influenza vaccine and a non-adjuvanted influenza vaccine in non-elderly adultsSharon Frey
Saint Louis University School of Medicine, Saint Louis, MO, USA
Vaccine 21:4234-7. 2003..Compared with Fluzone, FLUAD was associated with increased immunogenicity and mild post-immunization reactions in healthy adults. The magnitude of increased immunogenicity in healthy adults was less than that seen in elderly populations...
- Cross-reactivity to highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N1 viruses after vaccination with nonadjuvanted and MF59-adjuvanted influenza A/Duck/Singapore/97 (H5N3) vaccine: a potential priming strategyIain Stephenson
Influenza Branch, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Infect Dis 191:1210-5. 2005..0004), and 43% (P = .0128) in 14 subjects, respectively, compared with 27%, 27%, 0%, and 0% in 11 who received nonadjuvanted vaccine. These findings have implications for the rational design of pandemic vaccines against influenza H5...
- Effect of aluminum adjuvants on safety and immunogenicity of Haemophilus influenzae type b-CRM197 conjugate vaccineGuler Kanra
Departments of Paediatric Infectious Diseases and Social Pediatrics Medical Faculty, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
Pediatr Int 45:314-8. 2003....
- Safety and immunogenicity of two Haemophilus influenzae type b conjugate vaccinesMaila J Matjila
Department of Community Health, Medical University of Southern Africa, Pretoria
S Afr Med J 94:43-6. 2004....