- Cortisol secretion in patients with type 2 diabetes: relationship with chronic complicationsIacopo Chiodini
Endocrine Unit, Department of Medical Sciences, University of Milan, Fondazione Policlinico, Mangiagalli e Regina Elena, IRCCS, Milan, Italy
Diabetes Care 30:83-8. 2007..We evaluated cortisol secretion in 170 type 2 diabetic subjects and in 71 sex-, age-, and BMI-matched nondiabetic subjects...
- Hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal activity in type 2 diabetes mellitus: role of autonomic imbalanceIacopo Chiodini
Department of Endocrinology, San Giuseppe Fatebenefratelli Hospital, A Fa R, 20123 Milan, Italy
Metabolism 55:1135-40. 2006..Type 2 diabetic patients with asymptomatic parasympathetic derangement have increased activity of HPA axis, related to the degree of the neuronal dysfunction...
- Association of subclinical hypercortisolism with type 2 diabetes mellitus: a case-control study in hospitalized patientsIacopo Chiodini
Unit of Endocrinology San Giuseppe Fatebenefratelli Hospital, A Fa R Milano, via San Vittore 12 20123 Milan, Italy
Eur J Endocrinol 153:837-44. 2005..7% dropped out the study) with no evidence of clinical hypercortisolism and 189 consecutive age- and body mass index-matched non-diabetic inpatients (none of whom dropped out)...
- Carboxyl-terminal parathyroid hormone fragments: biologic effectsA Scillitani
Ospedale Casa Sollievo della Sofferenza, IRCCS, San Giovanni Rotondo, Foggia, Italy
J Endocrinol Invest 34:23-6. 2011..This in turn could result in a reduced activity of the latter cells, with a consequent inhibition of bone resorption...
- Subclinical hypercortisolism: correlation between biochemical diagnostic criteria and clinical aspectsV Morelli
Unit of Endocrinology and Diabetology, Department of Medical Sciences, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Fondazione IRCCS Ca Granda Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Milan
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 73:161-6. 2010..We aimed to investigate the accuracy of different SH diagnostic criteria in predicting the presence of complications...
- Longitudinal evaluation of vitamin D status in healthy subjects from southern Italy: seasonal and gender differencesV Carnevale
Department of Internal Medicine, Ospedale Casa Sollievo della Sofferenza, IRCCS, San Giovanni Rotondo FG, Italy
Osteoporos Int 12:1026-30. 2001....
- Role of adrenal gland scintigraphy in patients with subclinical hypercortisolism and incidentally discovered adrenal massF Donadio
Endocrinology and Diabetology Unit, Department of Medical Sciences, University of Milan, Fondazione Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico IRCCS, Mangiagalli e Regina Elena, Milan, Italy
J Endocrinol Invest 32:576-80. 2009..The role of adrenal scintigraphy (AS) in the diagnosis of subclinical hypercortisolism (SH) in adrenal incidentaloma (AI) is debated...
- Densitometry in glucocorticoid-induced osteoporosisI Chiodini
Unit of Endocrinology and Diabetology, Department of Medical Sciences, Fondazione Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico Mangiagalli e Regina Elena, IRCCS, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
J Endocrinol Invest 31:33-7. 2008..On the other hand, low BMD and vertebral fractures may be the initial presentation of an otherwise asymptomatic cortisol excess...
- Skeletal involvement in adult patients with endogenous hypercortisolismI Chiodini
Unit of Endocrinology and Diabetology, Department of Medical Sciences, Fondazione Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, IRCCS, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
J Endocrinol Invest 31:267-76. 2008....
- Differential expression of microRNAs in human parathyroid carcinomas compared with normal parathyroid tissueS Corbetta
Endocrinology and Diabetology Unit, Department of Medical Surgical Sciences, Universita di Milano, IRCCS Policlinico San Donato, Via Morandi 30, 20097 San Donato Milanese, Milan, Italy
Endocr Relat Cancer 17:135-46. 2010..These results suggest the existence of an altered microRNA expression pattern in PaCs together with a potential role of miR-296 as novel oncosuppressor gene in these neoplasia...
- Global skeletal uptake of 99mTc-methylene diphosphonate (GSU) in patients affected by endocrine diseases: comparison with biochemical markers of bone turnoverA Scillitani
Division and Research Unit of Endocrinology, Scientific Institute Casa Sollievo della Sofferenza, San Giovanni Rotondo, Italy
Osteoporos Int 13:829-34. 2002..The behavior of GSU and OC and U-DPD is non-uniform in disorders characterized by a marked uncoupling between bone formation and resorption...
- Baseline and CRH-stimulated ACTH and cortisol levels after administration of the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma ligand, rosiglitazone, in Cushing's diseaseS Cannavo
Department of Medicine and Pharmacology, Unit of Endocrinology, University of Messina, Messina, Italy
J Endocrinol Invest 27:RC8-11. 2004....
- Bone loss rate in adrenal incidentalomas: a longitudinal studyI Chiodini
Clinical and Research Unit of Endocrinology, Scientific Institute Casa Sollievo della Sofferenza, 71013 San Giovanni Rotondo, Foggia, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86:5337-41. 2001..Thus, lumbar spine (LS) BMD has to be evaluated for well balanced decision-making on the treatment of choice for AI female patients...