Affiliation: Centro di Riferimento Oncologico
- Farra R, Musiani F, Perrone F, Cemazar M, Kamensek U, Tonon F, et al. Polymer-Mediated Delivery of siRNAs to Hepatocellular Carcinoma: Variables Affecting Specificity and Effectiveness. Molecules. 2018;23: pubmed publisher..Attention will be also put on the mathematical description of the mechanisms ruling siRNA-carrier delivery, this being an important aspect to improve effectiveness reducing the experimental work. ..
- Dreussi E, Cecchin E, Polesel J, Canzonieri V, Agostini M, Boso C, et al. Pharmacogenetics Biomarkers and Their Specific Role in Neoadjuvant Chemoradiotherapy Treatments: An Exploratory Study on Rectal Cancer Patients. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed publisher..073). This exploratory study highlighted new potential predictive biomarkers of neoadjuvant CRT and underlined the importance to strictly define treatment peculiarities in pharmacogenetic analyses. ..
- Pellizzoni E, Tommasini M, Marangon E, Rizzolio F, Saito G, Benedetti F, et al. Fluorescent molecularly imprinted nanogels for the detection of anticancer drugs in human plasma. Biosens Bioelectron. 2016;86:913-919 pubmed publisher..The LOD was 400nM, with within-run variability <9%, day to day variability <5%, and good accuracy in the recovery of sunitinib from spiked samples. ..
- Garziera M, Virdone S, De Mattia E, Scarabel L, Cecchin E, Polesel J, et al. HLA-G 3'UTR Polymorphisms Predict Drug-Induced G3-4 Toxicity Related to Folinic Acid/5-Fluorouracil/Oxaliplatin (FOLFOX4) Chemotherapy in Non-Metastatic Colorectal Cancer. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..This exploratory study identified new HLA-G 3'UTR polymorphisms/haplotypes as potential predictive markers of G3-4 toxicities in CRC. ..
- Toffoli G, Cecchin E, Corona G, Russo A, Buonadonna A, D Andrea M, et al. The role of UGT1A1*28 polymorphism in the pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics of irinotecan in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2006;24:3061-8 pubmed..In particular, the possibility of a dose reduction for irinotecan in patients with a UGT1A1*28 polymorphism is not supported by the result of this analysis. ..
- Toffoli G, Cecchin E, Gasparini G, D Andrea M, Azzarello G, Basso U, et al. Genotype-driven phase I study of irinotecan administered in combination with fluorouracil/leucovorin in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2010;28:866-71 pubmed publisher..Prospective genotype-driven studies should test the efficacy of higher irinotecan doses in the FOLFIRI schedule. ..
- Toffoli G, Biason P, Russo A, De Mattia E, Cecchin E, Hattinger C, et al. Effect of TP53 Arg72Pro and MDM2 SNP309 polymorphisms on the risk of high-grade osteosarcoma development and survival. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:3550-6 pubmed publisher..17-6.11). The study provides evidence supporting the association of MDM2 SNP309 with high-grade osteosarcoma risk in females and shows that TP53 Arg72Pro has a prognostic value for overall survival and EFS in osteosarcoma patients. ..
- Guida F, Battisti A, Gladich I, Buzzo M, Marangon E, Giodini L, et al. Peptide biosensors for anticancer drugs: Design in silico to work in denaturizing environment. Biosens Bioelectron. 2018;100:298-303 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the in silico design of small artificial peptides is now a viable route for designing sensing units, opening a wide range of applications in diagnostic and clinical areas. ..
- De Mattia E, Cecchin E, Polesel J, Bignucolo A, Roncato R, Lupo F, et al. Genetic biomarkers for hepatocellular cancer risk in a caucasian population. World J Gastroenterol. 2017;23:6674-6684 pubmed publisher..We identified five polymorphisms and interactions that contributed crucially to predicting HCC risk. These findings represented an important step towards improving HCC diagnosis and management. ..
- Toffoli G, De Mattia E, Cecchin E, Biason P, Masier S, Corona G. Pharmacology of epidermal growth factor inhibitors. Int J Biol Markers. 2007;22:S24-39 pubmed