Affiliation: Centro Cardiologico Monzino
- Cardiopulmonary bypass duration is an independent predictor of morbidity and mortality after cardiac surgeryStefano Salis
Anesthesia and Intensive Care Unit, Centro Cardiologico Monzino IRCCS, Milan, Italy
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 22:814-22. 2008..The aim of this study was to determine if there is a direct relationship between the duration of cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB time [CPBT]) and postoperative morbidity and mortality in patients undergoing cardiac surgery...
- Risk factors for perioperative acute kidney injury after adult cardiac surgery: role of perioperative managementAlessandro Parolari
Department of Cardiovascular Sciences, Unit for Clinical Research in Atherothrombosis, Centro Cardiologico Monzino IRCCS, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Ann Thorac Surg 93:584-91. 2012..Our aim was to assess the risk factors for postoperative AKI and whether the addition of perioperative management variables can improve AKI prediction...
- Determinants of pericardial drainage for cardiac tamponade following cardiac surgeryGiulio Pompilio
Departments of Cardiovascular Surgery, Postoperative Intensive Care Unit, Coronary Intensive Care Unit, Centro Cardiologico Monzino IRCCS, Via Parea 4, 20138 Milano, Italy
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 39:e107-13. 2011..We aimed to identify independent risk factors predisposing toward postoperative surgical or percutaneous pericardial drainage following cardiac surgery, and to assess late survival...
- Transcatheter vs. surgical aortic valve replacement: a retrospective analysis assessing clinical effectiveness and safetyMelissa Fusari
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Centro Cardiologico Monzino IRCCS, Milan, Italy
J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown) 13:229-41. 2012....
- High thoracic epidural anesthesia for off-pump coronary artery bypass surgeryLuca Salvi
Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care, URCCS, Centro Cardiologico Monzino, Milan, Italy
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 18:256-62. 2004..To assess the feasibility of high thoracic epidural anesthesia combined with sevoflurane for off-pump coronary artery bypass surgery and to evaluate the postoperative pain control, side effects, and perioperative hemodynamics...
- On- and off-pump coronary surgery and perioperative myocardial infarction: an issue between incomplete and extensive revascularizationFrancesco Alamanni
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Unit for Clinical Research in Atherothrombosis, Centro Cardiologico Monzino IRCCS, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 34:118-26. 2008..We evaluated the influence of OPCAB on major postoperative events in a large consecutive cohort of patients, with special emphasis on risk factors for perioperative myocardial infarction...